JonT baja22

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 31, 2014
Chula vista
Name
Jon
Boat
Fish n chix
Left sat night on a overnight trip on the Producer and I was geared for the big boys . Woke up Sun morning and started trolling for about 5 min and it was on . Big meter marks the chum went over the rail . Boilers all around the boat I started throwing my Yozuri sashimi bull nothing for about an hour then my first 40lb YF crushes it on the surface . Epic day with the popper ended the trip with 3 YF and 1 BFT that weighed in at 120lbs ..

My first BF on the popper

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

JonT baja22

Mar 31, 2014
Chula vista
Name
Jon
Boat
Fish n chix
Awesome catch! Throwing a bait different than everyone else paid off. That 1 hour must have seemed like a long wait before getting bit.
I always stay consistent with throwing the poppers when others just give up and grab a bait rod .i also had 2 YF that were bigger than the rest

errock_22

Professional Fuel Burner
Apr 6, 2008
Ventura / SB
Name
Eric B.
Boat
Ranger 240 Bahia - "Lil' Mijo" & Triumph 1700 Skiff
Son of a.....and I just bought a TAC 25 for those big ones. Guess I just blew a bunch of $$ since I have a Curado. LOL
I bet that spectra is on there REAL tight now.

Nice work!
:worship:

mberggre

May 13, 2012
San Diego, California
Name
Matt
Boat
N/A
I guess that I'll have to stop hating on the lexa. I'm impressed that you got him with the stock handle.

PS: You're the first person I know that got a BFT out here on a popper! A bunch of guys (myself included) kept trying last year and no one succeeded.

JonT baja22

Mar 31, 2014
Chula vista
Name
Jon
Boat
Fish n chix
I guess that I'll have to stop hating on the lexa. I'm impressed that you got him with the stock handle.

PS: You're the first person I know that got a BFT out here on a popper! A bunch of guys (myself included) kept trying last year and no one succeeded.
I'm also one that has tried the popper for BF with no success ..

Reactions: 2-5-Triple

Abovewater

Mar 27, 2013
Irvine
Name
Komron
Boat
183 Invader
You are my hero! Seriously way to stick with it and handling business. That is a real accomplishment.

armand

Aug 27, 2007
norwalk
Name
chucklehead
Boat
Boston Whaler Raider
I have lots of YF and YT on the lexa 400 since last summer and that drag is still tight and smooth, great reel for the money. 100+ BF Congratulations!