gunnyslinger

Steady 1’s and 2’s
Mar 15, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Justin
Boat
20’ CC
The side of the fish we can see is lit up like a dozen search lights are hitting it but the girls have just the opposite going on........photoshop
Both her hair and bottom of her foot, have obvious reflection. I’ve yet to see a dry wetsuit reflect light. Girl on the right is wet and has plenty of sun reflecting as well.

Last edited:

SouthBayKiller

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
2745327F-C6EC-4948-AA81-619D252EB70B.jpeg

Reactions: fishkilr

fishkilr

.better to be a has-been than a never-was..
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
View attachment 1214386

I still have no proof either way but Some of these guys on here truly think they have seen everything and scoff at anything they cant comprehend immediately labeling it bullshit ...rough way to go through life..
Many years ago the First time I heard killer whales were picking seals off the beach I thought complete bs til I saw it with my own eyes. . I learned from that experience..
This seems similar..

RockHopperNCKA

Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
I still have no proof either way but Some of these guys on here truly think they have seen everything and scoff at anything they cant comprehend immediately labeling it bullshit ...rough way to go through life..
Many years ago the First time I heard killer whales were picking seals off the beach I thought complete bs til I saw it with my own eyes. . I learned from that experience..
This seems similar..
You’re absolutely right. Some people are just closed minded idiots.

Take Hookemdano for instance.

• Haha
Reactions: MESSY JESSE

fsh4calico

Paralabrax clathratus
Oct 31, 2004
Torrance, Ca
Name
Pete
Boat
Long Range, Float Tube
Largest Bluefin on a Surfboard.... 861 lbs. ...(lol). BFT are caught in shallow waters all along the East Coast... why not there? Picture looks "hokey" though.
Let's not forget..... where there's ABUNDANT bait.... BFT will follow.... at least long enough to eat.
Looks photoshopped to me, however I'm far from an expert. That said, my brother, who is a commercial fisherman out of Montauk, said there were bluefins crashing on a school of bluefish right off the jetties a hundred yards offshore. This was a couple of weeks ago. A friend of his got it on video, which I'm trying to get ahold of.

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
This seems similar..
I gave up a long time ago thinking I had anything figured out.

BTW, the seals getting picked off a Beach by is something I hope to live to see one day in person. It just seems like the coolest smartest behavioral adaptation. Plus a trip to Argentina doesn’t seem half bad.

Reactions: woodfish330

Texas Tuna

Pinfish pimp
May 18, 2020
Rockport Texas
Name
Oliver Cheng
Boat
cabo 45 sportfish
Bathy maps show that the area where the tuna was "spotted" has one of the shallowest drop offs on the outer Atlantic. Unless those surfers are going out a couple miles, they aint seeing no big bluefin

Reactions: HookEmDanO

fishkilr

.better to be a has-been than a never-was..
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Bathy maps show that the area where the tuna was "spotted" has one of the shallowest drop offs on the outer Atlantic. Unless those surfers are going out a couple miles, they aint seeing no big bluefin
I guess the all knowing authority has spoken..nothin to see here...everyone go home...
If you need to know anything even things that may have happened halfway around the world apparently this is the guy...

JFurst

West coast googan
Jul 9, 2020
Orange County
Name
Josh Furstenberg
Boat
n/a
Calling a picture photoshopped does not necessarily mean anyone is denying there are BFT off the UK coast. Big BFT are caught in shallow waters in North Carolina, Cape Cod, Nova Scotia, and probably loads of other places. If they have migrated to the UK, there is no reason to believe the same wouldn't be happening there.

The picture just doesn't look real, at all.

Reactions: HookEmDanO

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Calling a picture photoshopped does not necessarily mean anyone is denying there are BFT off the UK coast. Big BFT are caught in shallow waters in North Carolina, Cape Cod, Nova Scotia, and probably loads of other places. If they have migrated to the UK, there is no reason to believe the same wouldn't be happening there.

Its two separate pictures though. One of the fish at the peak of the jump, one with it tipped forward about to reenter the water. Not saying both cant be doctored but its twice the work to make something cool but not really super important to a lot of people. Most people would probably think "Cool...fish in the ocean, what's the point?"

Also since it looks like its part of a sequence which someone with a good camera and a telephoto lens shooting surfers would have so at least that part makes sense to me.

JFurst

West coast googan
Jul 9, 2020
Orange County
Name
Josh Furstenberg
Boat
n/a
Its two separate pictures though. One of the fish at the peak of the jump, one with it tipped forward about to reenter the water. Not saying both cant be doctored but its twice the work to make something cool but not really super important to a lot of people. Most people would probably think "Cool...fish in the ocean, what's the point?"

Also since it looks like its part of a sequence which someone with a good camera and a telephoto lens shooting surfers would have so at least that part makes sense to me.
Both are photoshopped. Look at the girl on the surfboard and the small wave passing behind her in both photos, they are identical. So in sequence of the two pictures - the tuna gets closer to the water and the whitewater behind it subsides, but the girl and the rest of the ocean remain frozen in time? Nope, photoshopped.

I am totally with you as to speculating why someone would take the time to do this, it beats me. Probably a similar motive to those trolling around an online forum trying to sniff out someone to call an a-hole or an idiot over a picture of a fish.

• Haha
Reactions: woodfish330

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Both are photoshopped. Look at the girl on the surfboard and the small wave passing behind her in both photos, they are identical. So in sequence of the two pictures - the tuna gets closer to the water and the whitewater behind it subsides, but the girl and the rest of the ocean remain frozen in time? Nope, photoshopped.

I am totally with you as to speculating why someone would take the time to do this, it beats me. Probably a similar motive to those trolling around an online forum trying to sniff out someone to call an a-hole or an idiot over a picture of a fish.
That's a good point about the girl being the same in both.

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
Jan 31, 2004
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
1997 Trophy 2352

have you never smoke pot ?

smoking cat.gif

yep...photoshopped

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS

THIS! I was not saying that there aren't any Tuna off the UK Coast, just as someone that uses photoshop daily I just thought that the picture looked fake.

Reactions: JFurst