catmendo

Catfisher
Nov 27, 2011
Bonsall, CA
Name
Paul Droluk
Boat
Telluride - Alwoplast 45
My first trip posting here and my first BFT trip ever. While I personally set no records, fishing with Captain Mike Loust on the Tomahawk was simply amazing. Left at 7PM Friday, making our first stop off SCI somewhere around 11:00 PM. Hooked my first ever BFT on a flat fall, along with about about half those on board. Captain Mike and his crew worked really hard (I mean REALLY HARD) on Saturday putting us on schools all day for a handful of fish on most stops. There must have been at least 150 boats working that area the entire time... most of the SD Fleet along with gobs of private boats. On our final stop, in total darkness, Captain Mike put us on a wide open bite that lasted for well over an hour, maybe two... one angler had 13 fish on that one stop! Everything from footballs to a 140 pounder, with most of the fish between 40-60 pounds. When the spray finally settled we had limits for all 30 anglers. The big fish (140'ish) was landed by another first timer, who was far luckier than I. Flat falls and Colt Snipers (Dolly Parton) accounted for the overwhelming majority of the fish taken.

Just can't say enough good things about the Tomahawk with Captain Mike Loust at the helm. Already looking to book my next trip... once I have a little more freezer space free up.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Great report and info. Glad you all got limits. Awesome. LOL
WHAT no pics? The gang wants Bloody Decks Pics here

BEEF.jpg

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
Shoot, I'll take Dolly Parton over Katy Perry any day...
Thanks for the writeup, great trip!

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Damn. HOT STICK!!! "...one angler had 13 fish on that one stop! "

That makes my arms hurt just reading that. hahha

Great trip!

Upvote 0

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Right on, congrats on getting your first BFTs...
Curious if you figured out what the stick did to nail 13? That sounds like the guy to watch!
My buddy is out there on same boat right now, looking forward to hearing how they did.

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
Upvote 0

catmendo

Catfisher
Nov 27, 2011
Bonsall, CA
Name
Paul Droluk
Boat
Telluride - Alwoplast 45
Right on, congrats on getting your first BFTs...
Curious if you figured out what the stick did to nail 13? That sounds like the guy to watch!
My buddy is out there on same boat right now, looking forward to hearing how they did.
I only saw him land a few of them... looked to be a 100gr Sniper in Katy Perry pattern. When we got back to harbor I learned the crew had already been out for over 30 hours, and were going out again the same day... your friend is on that trip. In my best days I couldn't handle that work load.

Upvote 0

g-unit

regular
May 11, 2009
SoCal
Name
Glen
Boat
Robalo 2420
Brail it! Brail it! Brail it!
Was an epic trip!
The captain drove the screws off that thing! Dumped more bait than I've ever witnessed.
Too many unwilling schools until that night bite that is one for the record books!
The crew worked their asses off! They kept up a great attitude and had a blast wrestling tackle busters!
Cheers Catmando!

Upvote 0

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Damn, sounds like last trip was quite the different story... you know it's bad when they don't even post anything after they dock.
Sounds like boat and crew are pretty roasted after running so many back to back.

Upvote 0