Offshore Bft Ensenada

jsl

Oct 8, 2005
Ontario
Name
Scott
Boat Name
none
Fished on Saturday 5/14 out of Ensenada targeting bluefin and experienced slow fishing. The hot bite from previous weeks slowed to a crawl as we trolled nomads all day with the rest of the local fleet for a 25-30 lb bft. Most had the same results, with a couple boats getting a few fish of the same size and some getting skunked.

I did see good reports on Sunday so they're still there. I spoke to a guide post trip and he said some of the fish were full of small bait so bring an assortment of lures of varying sizes if you're going down there.

Scott

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Great report and intel. Back to Bluefin being
    Bluefin last few days. Slim pickins weekend.
    Eating Saury maybe??
    th

Reactions: jsl
    Upvote 0

Bluewater Jon S

Almost A Member
    May 13, 2007
    Carlsbad
    www.bluewaterjon.com
    Name
    Jon Schwartz
    Boat Name
    depends
    Fished on Saturday 5/14 out of Ensenada targeting bluefin and experienced slow fishing. The hot bite from previous weeks slowed to a crawl as we trolled nomads all day with the rest of the local fleet for a 25-30 lb bft. Most had the same results, with a couple boats getting a few fish of the same size and some getting skunked.

I did see good reports on Sunday so they're still there. I spoke to a guide post trip and he said some of the fish were full of small bait so bring an assortment of lures of varying sizes if you're going down there.

Scott
    Scott who did you fish with, a Sportfishing operation or private boat?
    Thanks
    Jon

Upvote 0

Beer Goggles

Feb 9, 2007
    Trabuco Canyon CA
    Name
    O
    Boat Name
    The Snapper Slapper
    Scott hope you are good. Me and Matt are trying to get something together for BOLA the end of this month. Chris (Dogman619) will be down the for a week or so at his place. Any plans to hit BOLA the end of this month????

Reactions: Husband
    Upvote 0