BFT Chasing, last minute space for 1

PENN
Jul 22, 2019
Costa Mesa
Name
Aldraw
Boat
Proline 21
Hey offshore warriors, looking for one to complete our crew (total 4) leaving tonight from SD around 9~10pm. Drive at night, fish at night through around noon~2 Sunday. 21' center console just bring your rods, tackle, waterproof offshore gear, mx license and some food/drink. $160 for gas/trailering for the owner, coming from OC. You can buy and print your mx license online in 10min if you don't already have one. No passport needed. If you don't catch but one of us does you're welcome to come pickup some fillets in a day or two. Help washing the boat is appreciated if it's convenient for you but not required (back at owner's house).

Call or text me, Alex 408-636-3640. First come, first served.

IMG_20190629_174924242.jpg

Upvote 0

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
$160 is your share of split costs on a 21' center console? Sounds more like a charter operation.
Don't go then. These fish are minimum 35 miles down. When you consider fuel for boat and tow vehicle, prepping and cleaning the boat, bait, driving boat and tow vehicles and a have a dozen other considerations, $160 is fair. Could you do that in your own skiff?

Upvote 0

Noname

🍺 🍻🥂🥃
May 29, 2009
san diego
Name
Phuc Dat Bich
Boat
2320 parker
I just came back 8pm last night from the Tomahawk. It was like a washer machine, everyone was sea sick. I wouldn't go until Thursday night when the weather get better. It will be like a big parking lot full of sport boats, you need more lights or they run you over. If I go, would pay $120 more go on the overnight sport boats, safer. Good luck .

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Don't go then. These fish are minimum 35 miles down. When you consider fuel for boat and tow vehicle, prepping and cleaning the boat, bait, driving boat and tow vehicles and a have a dozen other considerations, $160 is fair. Could you do that in your own skiff?
    You're telling me it would cost you $640 on your Cabo? I don't think so. And no it would not cost me anywhere near that to do that trip in my boat. Also the stuff you mentioned sounds like you're thinking about a charter operation.

Reactions: evilkhemist
    Upvote 0

evilkhemist

Mar 17, 2005
    Sorrento
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Parker 2510xld
    You are asking them to buy a Mexican license, but they don’t need a passport?
    You are traveling at night, do you have radar?
    Preset cost, sounds like a charter?
    Good luck and be safe

Reactions: RodRage
    Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    You are asking them to buy a Mexican license, but they don’t need a passport?
    You are traveling at night, do you have radar?
    Preset cost, sounds like a charter?
    Good luck and be safe
    Wow , if you have A problem with his $$$ to go, you have choices .

evilkhemist
    evilkhemist
    Where did I say I had a problem with cost? Preset costs is like a charter.
    You are right, I have choices and I typically choose to use my boat.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Name
    Rusty
    Boat
    1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
    You're telling me it would cost you $640 on your Cabo? I don't think so. And no it would not cost me anywhere near that to do that trip in my boat. Also the stuff you mentioned sounds like you're thinking about a charter operation.
    It wouldn't cost half that much in my Cabo. But I do know that someone will pay almost double that amount to jump on a overnight boat that will take 9 hours of travel time to and from the grounds and have 30 people at the rail.

I fished Wednesday, but the trip got called at 10 AM due to weather. 50% of the people wouldn't have a clue fishing the bigger grade of fish and 30% of them were sea sick. All of that amounted to a cluster "F" if we were in the fish.

I don't invite complete strangers on my boat due to all sorts of risks, but I was just saying $160 wasn't completely unreasonable. Again, if your looking to ho on a boat and you have so many cheaper options, I recommended you look elsewhere.

Maybe you were just wanting to bag people about there pricing.

Upvote 0

Hismosa

• Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    It wouldn't cost half that much in my Cabo. But I do know that someone will pay almost double that amount to jump on a overnight boat that will take 9 hours of travel time to and from the grounds and have 30 people at the rail.

I fished Wednesday, but the trip got called at 10 AM due to weather. 50% of the people wouldn't have a clue fishing the bigger grade of fish and 30% of them were sea sick. All of that amounted to a cluster "F" if we were in the fish.

I don't invite complete strangers on my boat due to all sorts of risks, but I was just saying $160 wasn't completely unreasonable. Again, if your looking to ho on a boat and you have so many cheaper options, I recommended you look elsewhere.

Maybe you were just wanting to bag people about there pricing.
    Than why did you ask if it would cost that much in my skiff? You seem to be all over the place and most of the nonsense your babbling on about could be the same with these guys, they could be total noobs. If you look at the gear they don't look like hardcore fisherman and an antenna that couldn't even hail coast guard if you were in trouble offshore.

Anyways my original question was to the OP about the $160 as it seemed like a typo or they were detached from reality.

Upvote 0

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Name
    Rusty
    Boat
    1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
    Than why did you ask if it would cost that much in my skiff? You seem to be all over the place and most of the nonsense your babbling on about could be the same with these guys, they could be total noobs. If you look at the gear they don't look like hardcore fisherman and an antenna that couldn't even hail coast guard if you were in trouble offshore.

Anyways my original question was to the OP about the $160 as it seemed like a typo or they were detached from reality.
    Ok Bro, maybe you can set up a pricing list on what individuals should be charging to take Ho's on there rigs. Seems you have all the insight on this topic. Or you can just flame people when it's not inline with your expectations.

I see over priced shit all the time on BD, just don't see the need to flame someone's post, especially If I had no interest anyway.

Be good and tight lines.

Reactions: pascuale
    Upvote 0

Hismosa

• Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Ok Bro, maybe you can set up a pricing list on what individuals should be charging to take Ho's on there rigs. Seems you have all the insight on this topic. Or you can just flame people when it's not inline with your expectations.

I see over priced shit all the time on BD, just don't see the need to flame someone's post, especially If I had no interest anyway.

Be good and tight lines.
    Pretty silly statement considering I could say the same exact thing about you. But good chat.

Upvote 0

Plus One

Coming along...
    Aug 24, 2011
    Hemet
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Plus One

Be good and tight lines.

Let the guy alone, he can ask 1000 if he wants.
    Actually he can’t. I think that’s the entire point. Once you set a price and require that payment, you’re a charter. This is clearly not a licensed charter operation. Friends fish with friends and help with costs. This is a price for admission.

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    I got no problems with guys asking for a specific amount especially when it comes to strangers coming onboard. Avoids the awkward "I didn't know it would cost that much" conversation afterwards.

My only issue is the leaving at 9pm on a 20 foot center console with probably no radar. We've all done it, but usually when it's a couple hours before daylight, not heading into the witching hour. Water conditions ain't that friendly either.

Stay safe out there boys.

Upvote 0