PENN

MalibuFrank

Sep 15, 2003
Malibu
Name
Frank Nielsen
Boat
13' skiff
My buddy called me with a couple of independent reports he heard of tuna inside Santa Monica Bay. With all the El Nino hype I don't know? Can anyone verify this? I just drove by Escondido Beach on PCH to find tons of working birds. A hot pocket of warm clean water has been off the north end of the bay for a few days now.

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
wow I guess that woman had an RSW system and someway to make it slosh around just like on a boat ....OR this is bs....look at the condition of the fish and tell me that was plucked from the beach fresh as a steaming pile of bullshit on a cold morning.

Reactions: Tunatamer89
Upvote 0

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Live barreds from the beach is the key.

J

Upvote 0

dockrat88

no fish pulling against me shall prosper
  • Jul 16, 2008
    culver city
    Name
    tony
    Boat
    whatever floats
    wow I guess that woman had an RSW system and someway to make it slosh around just like on a boat ....OR this is bs....look at the condition of the fish and tell me that was plucked from the beach fresh as a steaming pile of bullshit on a cold morning.

My thoughts exactly

Upvote 0

coacheric

Aug 13, 2008
    Santee
    Name
    Eric Austin
    Boat
    19' Hydra Sport (salt)/22' Bayliner (fresh)
    I saw yellowfin boiling on dolphin 3 miles off mission beach jetty yesterday morning. It's possible

Upvote 0

Paul Ward

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jul 17, 2007
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    wooddog
    Boat
    Boaty
    fresh from the RSW looks to me

Upvote 0

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
    Nov 19, 2003
    Anaheim
    bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    chuck
    Boat
    No
    You nuts forget. That just a couple of years ago bft were stranding themselves on the San Diego beaches. Surfdoc even got a few.

Ther were beat up exactly like that one!

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
    May 18, 2013
    Cali
    Name
    Dan Monster
    Boat
    Predatormonster
    What are the chances she has a current fishing license ? Just saying . If she doesn't Im sure there will be a knock at the door . That would suck , right ?

Upvote 0

nefarious235

Aug 1, 2008
    Proudly American
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    canoe & plastic flotsam
    What are the chances she has a current fishing license ? Just saying . If she doesn't Im sure there will be a knock at the door . That would suck , right ?
    BFT are a listed sportfish. Can only be taken by hook and line unless commercially licensed I think and as stated above is also required to have a fishing license. Please correct me if I am in error.

Upvote 0

nefarious235

Aug 1, 2008
    Proudly American
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    canoe & plastic flotsam
    I was wrong, looked it up. Hook and line or by hand.

Reactions: chris k
    Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    I've caught 3 YT over the years in MB so I wouldn't be surprised. One if them was in mid-winter.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    No idea whether the story is true or not, but it's funny reading the comments saying it cant be true due to the way the fish looks.

Have you ever looked at the pics of hand caught beached oarfish, or maybe a dolphin or whale beaching itself....... or even the few other species like the bluefin from some years back caught in the surf?

Nearly all have one thing in common.......

They're not looking to healthy & prime! They usually all look like they have been through about 10 rounds in a title fight.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

-Driftwood-

Nov 5, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    American Angler, Eclipse
    Sounds a bit "Fishy' to me as well. I'm not sure if I've seen a fish come out of an RSW with the much blood on it.

Upvote 0