fishy killa

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 10, 2010
malibu, ca
Name
john schaar
Boat
kayak
yes its true they are trying to lump the sport boat and private fleet with the seiners who have already met their quota for the year. any boat that was out monday night could not bring bluefin home.

CHUBACA6

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
Are you sure it's for Bluefin and not Blue Perch??

salty nuts

Jun 2, 2004
Camarillo
Name
Tim Mohawk
Boat
25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
You are shitting me? No way?

April Fools in July?

rock&reel

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 26, 2007
Downey
Name
Dale
Boat
Proline
Good morning....I sent a e-mail to CONAPESCA at 9am this morning and I just received a call from a rep at CONAPESCA telling me the Bluefin Tuna has been shut down to all for now but that might change. He stated he felt our pain and understands that sportfishing should not be in the ban. He told me he would call me with any changes. I'm still shocked I got this call. I will post again as soon as he calls me.

Reactions: PAULKIM42

SovietBear

Well-Known "Member"
May 6, 2014
Name
Anon
Boat
paint the fins yellow...

caserock

Student of life ....
Nov 29, 2005
Costa Mesa
Name
Mike
Boat
La Otra
Someone told me that garibaldi make good bait for Mexican BFT .... is that true?:cool:

Reactions: SD_fishin33

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
People that Beiber me will automatically get reported to Carl...lol

D-spot

Fishing....... Where You're Not.......
May 21, 2008
Diego
Name
Ray
Boat
23' Neptune CC "Non-Stop"

fishstomp

Picaroon
Aug 11, 2008
ɐsn ɐɔ 'pןǝıɟsɹǝʞɐq
Name
Doug
Boat
18' Seaswirl
There are a lot of rumors floating around out there. Make sure you check with an official source before fishing or hunting. This is the letter I saw:
MEXICO
Monday, July 14, 2014, 21:50 (GMT + 9)

The National commission of Mammals and Fishies ordered the suspension of BFT (Bigfoot – Gigantopithecus), hunting for the rest of the year to prevent the catch quota of 5,000 tons set for Mexico from being exceeded.

The resolution raises the need for precautionary management measures throughout the area of distribution of Bigfoot in all of Mexico to help ensure the sustainability of the resource. And Mexico has the obligation to take the necessary measures to ensure compliance with the established management measure.

The Bigfoot industry is really important to the country for its economic contribution, as well as food production for domestic consumption and the generation of jobs, both in its hunting phase as well as in processing and marketing.

huntindog

Aug 17, 2010
philbrook lake, CA
Hilarious. I talked with someone at CONAPESCA earlier when I called them. She confirmwd BFT closure. Said it likely was not going to change. I had also emailed them so a different person called me back and said yes it is true..but it is wrong and will likely change soon. They dont have a clue there what is going on. They are as bad as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.