Offshore BFT’s and Asshats Fishing for boats 8/12-8/14

fish&snow

lurker
  • May 27, 2014
    Name
    James
    Boat Name
    Reel Freedom
    Fished Friday for 2 100 lb models on Mad Macs at Mack Bank!
    Fished Saturday for 2 more same location and method.
    Fished Sunday for 0 on Madmac, popper, jigs.

Now on to the Asshats!! I am not sure why, but maybe my boat is magnet for Asshats. I would troll far away(half a mile minimum) from everyone else. I don’t like crowding people, and I do not like people crowding me. I intentionally try to avoid driving anywhere near boats, and I will change my direction to get away from these guys that love to come by and see what the hell I am doing. We all know that just about every boat is trolling way way way back. I had clowns literally running up to me, and running right behind my boat. This happened over and over again no matter how much I tried to stay well away from anyone. I don’t friken get it!!!! Absolutely no respect. I go further out to stay away from these clowns, but they gotta come over and cause me to stop my boat so my Madmacs can sink out and my line will not end up in their prop! Fish are every damn where. LEARN TO FISH FOR FISH, AND STOP FISHING FOR BOATS!!!! This scenario occurred over and over and over.

On the way in from Mack Bank yesterday, we came around Catalina, and we seen foamer after foamer just like everyone else. We did not troll this area as the fleet of fisherman where definitely there. Many boats rushed to foamer after foamer. Good ole run and gun. The crazy part was watching 5 boats all rush the foamers from every direction whenever they popped up. Total whack A mole style. we Made attempts to only go after the foamers that had no other boat charging at them. I kept away from all the BAFOONARY that was taking place. We stop on a foamer that stood up for us. We launched clear poppers for no love, when all of a sudden, here comes ASSHAT #1, charging thru the foamer with trolling gear out, as we are casting. The usual arms go up in the air with disbelief about what this clown is doing. As he gets a couple hundred yards away, here comes another Asshat in a blue Radon looking boat. His boat and gear looked like a seasoned vet of the sea, BUT NOOOOOOOOOO! This clown runs right behind the other Asshat, making sure to run any remaining fish over. I guess he was trying to catch the fish with his prop. Instead he caught AASSHAT #1 trolling line, as we once again threw up our arms in disbelief. I congratulate both ASSHATS on the radio, as Asshat #1 chased down ASSHAT #2 Trying to save his $100 spool of line!

GET A FUCKEN CLUE PEOPLE!!!
    If you are the guy with the Blue Radon that swiped up all that line into your prop, you FUCKEN DESERVE IT!

Ok, I feel better after getting this off my chest.

F6A3E296-095A-40B6-B99A-DDA69D8A3434.jpeg
    2646D162-E87A-470B-A8AB-0D66D0BD63AA.jpeg
    B71D75C1-9022-4024-80FB-ADE6C7F1ABDD.jpeg

Hawgboy

May 7, 2022
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    Any

Now on to the Asshats!! I am not sure why, but maybe my boat is magnet for Asshats. I would troll far away(half a mile minimum) from everyone else. I don’t like crowding people, and I do not like people crowding me. I intentionally try to avoid driving anywhere near boats, and I will change my direction to get away from these guys that love to come by and see what the hell I am doing. We all know that just about every boat is trolling way way way back. I had clowns literally running up to me, and running right behind my boat. This happened over and over again no matter how much I tried to stay well away from anyone. I don’t friken get it!!!! Absolutely no respect. I go further out to stay away from these clowns, but they gotta come over and cause me to stop my boat so my Madmacs can sink out and my line will not end up in their prop! Fish are every damn where. LEARN TO FISH FOR FISH, AND STOP FISHING FOR BOATS!!!! This scenario occurred over and over and over.

On the way in from Mack Bank yesterday, we came around Catalina, and we seen foamer after foamer just like everyone else. We did not troll this area as the fleet of fisherman where definitely there. Many boats rushed to foamer after foamer. Good ole run and gun. The crazy part was watching 5 boats all rush the foamers from every direction whenever they popped up. Total whack A mole style. we Made attempts to only go after the foamers that had no other boat charging at them. I kept away from all the BAFOONARY that was taking place. We stop on a foamer that stood up for us. We launched clear poppers for no love, when all of a sudden, here comes ASSHAT #1, charging thru the foamer with trolling gear out, as we are casting. The usual arms go up in the air with disbelief about what this clown is doing. As he gets a couple hundred yards away, here comes another Asshat in a blue Radon looking boat. His boat and gear looked like a seasoned vet of the sea, BUT NOOOOOOOOOO! This clown runs right behind the other Asshat, making sure to run any remaining fish over. I guess he was trying to catch the fish with his prop. Instead he caught AASSHAT #1 trolling line, as we once again threw up our arms in disbelief. I congratulate both ASSHATS on the radio, as Asshat #1 chased down ASSHAT #2 Trying to save his $100 spool of line!

If you are the guy with the Blue Radon that swiped up all that line into your prop, you FUCKEN DESERVE IT!

View attachment 1413690View attachment 1413691View attachment 1413692
    Asshat sushi is the best

Upvote 0

inshorefisher

Jan 21, 2006
    OC
    Name
    drew
    Boat Name
    Mine or yours.
    1 foamer, 3 blind strikes. 12-16

View attachment 1413690View attachment 1413691View attachment 1413692

So much fun fishing with asshats. I was out there Sunday fishing with asshats. I keep my radar ON 2 miles range to avoid boats. I was working the outer edges at Mac Bank, foamers everywhere but they did not want madmac sardine or Halco. Ran a black/pink and phantom and got picked up. 2 on black/pink and 1 on phantom. Catalina spot was run and gun so we did not put out the madmacs until people gave up. That’s where we got 2 on black/pink and the other one was at Mac bank on phantom. We did manage to hook up on clear ghost 150 popper and a small 80-100 gram Zakana but after a few minutes into the fight they popped off. A lot of kelp and grass out there…got to keep checking the lures.

Reactions: Salty Skipjack
    Upvote 0

Chdiaz93

Almost A Member
    Sep 28, 2011
    Bloomington CA
    Name
    Christian
    Boat Name
    24' Skipjack #Diazsportfishing
    Asshat #1 here both of us came into that foamer it was big trolled the edge of it. You had room to cast and more and that radon swooped both my madmacs and dumped my tac25 couldn’t find my knife to cut it… anyway to that radon enjoy 550yards of spectra in your prop. You drove right through the foamer with no intention of fishing it. We too had our hands up and was on the radio trying to get u to stop..

Upvote 0

KID CREOLE

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 19, 2003
    San Pedro, Ca.
    www.yayacalls.com
    Name
    Stefan
    Boat Name
    Grady White 263 Chase
    Congrats on getting the BFTs

My 2 cents for what its worth. I feel your pain but the idiot factor on the water is here to say and the number increases every year.

If someone cuts across my troll gear I guarantee I will give their outdrive a 1000yds of braid

Upvote 0

fish&snow

lurker
  • May 27, 2014
    Name
    James
    Boat Name
    Reel Freedom
    Asshat #1 here both of us came into that foamer it was big trolled the edge of it. You had room to cast and more and that radon swooped both my madmacs and dumped my tac25 couldn’t find my knife to cut it… anyway to that radon enjoy 550yards of spectra in your prop. You drove right through the foamer with no intention of fishing it. We too had our hands up and was on the radio trying to get u to stop..
    Karma at its finest! You trolled EXTREMELY close to the edge, pushing the fish down , WELL IN RANGE of our cast. ( not to mention you actually trying to troll thru 50 run and gun boats) you deserved losing your line just as well as ASSHAT #2 deserved your line and a new seal!!!

Hopefully you both learned something about fishing etiquette.

Upvote 0

Maxfli123

• Dec 25, 2011
    Fish town
    Name
    Anthony
    Boat Name
    Better float
    Blood on the deck way to go. Hope you had some popcorn for the show on the water. I never understand what people are thinking bombing on a foamer and ruining the bite for those already on it. That sashimi looks delicious🤙🏽

Reactions: fish&snow
    Upvote 0