SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Been fortunate enough to take several family friends fishing during this insanely awesome bite and weather window. Light line 30lb long soak size 1 circle hooks. Sinker rig 50lb anywhere from 150'down to 250' for bigger fish.
Lucky enough to limit out everyday and spend some quality time with good friends and family who normally fish the inshore or piers.

Those above methods worked well.. but I rigged and beefed up a new BF slaying machine last week and man did it pay off. When the bite slowed. But they were still around the boat crashing in our chum. Id balm this beauty out and RIP IT BACK! it went 4-4 today! It was awesome 4 casts 4 fish. Here it is:
IMG_5907.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

IMG_5906.JPG

Worked wonders!
Not only did I get to go fishing with good friends but also I was able to fill all of my family members freezers! (I haven't had a bite this good in years) all BF were 30-70lb caught 5-7 miles south of the 371 and I leave you all with this!
IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5902.JPG

Tonight meal was fabulous! Get out there guys the bites hot hopefully it sticks with us! The volume of fish is OUTRAGEOUS!
Beware of the KOOKs and their KOOKERY... that to is in HUGE SUPPLY! Stay safe

And never forget! If your glass is only half full! At least you have some water to share! Cheers

H
Hippie
“ Beware of KOOKS and their KOOKERY...that to is in HUGE SUPPLY
Reactions: SMYLEE
Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Is that a Norman DD with upgraded hooks 😂 what were you smoking to come up with that idea?!
I believe the strain was called BFT! And it was dank! It stopped the itch... that's for sure! I added 4/0 owner hooks and upgrades split rings!... looking back at it.... I'm pretty sure I was smoking some pretty good stuff👌🏼

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Four fish and not a scratch on it.One hell of a paint job on that thing.
I wish!... no it's got some marks now. It's currently hung on the dash of the boat those pictures were taken Last week before the fishing madness began, The lure is a bit to light for a conventional set up so I asked to borrow my brothers twin drag... and he wanted to know why! Because I NEVER FISH THE CAN! Until now!😁

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Not only did I get to go fishing with good friends but also I was able to fill all of my family members freezers! (I haven't had a bite this good in years) all BF were 30-70lb caught 5-7 miles south of the 371 and I leave you all with this!
    Great job helping your family out with a gift of food! And quality food to boot!

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    LOL I don't know if I believe this. I don't think the crankbait would hold up. Not calling you a liar just a little apprehensive that's all.

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    ""
    Boat
    24'custom
    Can you show a photo of the bait now that you caught 4 fish on it
    Yes I'l snap a picture tomorrow when I head down to the slip and get ready for this weekend. Who knows the bill might of just decided to retire after its last outing. It's not to bad tho since every fish came in on it's back 4/0.
    Get at it! I've been shopping for Duo's since they are through wired. I wish you the best of luck in your new indevores🤙🏼👍🏼

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    ""
    Boat
    24'custom
    LOL I don't know if I believe this. I don't think the crankbait would hold up. Not calling you a liar just a little apprehensive that's all.
    Hey I understand especially a crank bait known to snap from green bass fishing. It's the hooks and split rings that did all the work. All fish had that back hook firmly stuck in the corner of the mouth. And by no means did those fish get ripped in. Light drag worked them for a while expecting that thing to explode like they do

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Thanks for all your information!
    On a wide open bite they'll eat a hot dog. Why not have a secret (not now) weapon. in your arsenal.

Thanks for giving it up!

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    ""
    Boat
    24'custom
    Full of shit.
    No I'm pretty regular. Once early morning then always after my morning coffee. If I'm lucky I'll get an afternoon seat on the thrown but I'm a solid 2 a day kinda guy!! 6'2 195lb there pretty solid 💩's thank you for your concern and reminder! STAY REGULAR!😉

Upvote 0