aztec23

Almost A Member
  • Aug 18, 2017
    North County SD
    Name
    Nick
    Boat Name
    Wellcraft 18 CC
    Fished SD bay today, had my trolling motor spot locked while taking a break for lunch. F&W boat came over to check on my license, no problem.
    However when they attempted to leave "captain" swung tail around and clipped and damaged my new trolling motor with the metal piping that surrounds the boats motors.
    Basically said that I shouldn't have my tm in spot lock (anchored) while they approached (new rule to me). I guess blaming the victim is they way to go. Going to follow up with main office to get some accountability. Sorry for the rant but be careful when approached by these guys. Make sure they are approaching from down current if possible.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
    May 11, 2007
    You're mined!
    www.csicop.org
    Name
    Alan
    Boat Name
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
    Reactions: mrkrabs and aztec23
    Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat Name
    Yes
    Fished SD bay today, had my trolling motor spot locked while taking a break for lunch. F&W boat came over to check on my license, no problem.
    However when they attempted to leave "captain" swung tail around and clipped and damaged my new trolling motor with the metal piping that surrounds the boats motors.
    Basically said that I shouldn't have my tm in spot lock (anchored) while they approached (new rule to me). I guess blaming the victim is they way to go. Going to follow up with main office to get some accountability. Sorry for the rant but be careful when approached by these guys. Make sure they are approaching from down current if possible.
    Utter BS. I hope you got some kind of statement from the guy locking him into that lame excuse. If not, file a claim ASAP before he changes his story.

Reactions: aztec23 and One_Leg
    Upvote 0

KID CREOLE

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 19, 2003
    San Pedro, Ca.
    www.yayacalls.com
    Name
    Stefan
    Boat Name
    Grady White 263 Chase
    File a report and move on.

I'm much more concerned about our fellow fisherman and their ability to operate a boat

Go to any public launch ramp and watch the endless line of idiots

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat Name
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Thats bullshit,You were basically anchored and he hit your boat and blamed you?
    Id file a claim for damages received.

Reactions: aztec23 and One_Leg
    Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    the far reaches of crazy
    Name
    Boat Name
    toy
    Please post a follow-up.

So basically they were saying because your boat couldn't drift with their boat, it was your fault? I'm trying to understand "said that I shouldn't have my tm in spot lock (anchored) while they approached" ?

What was the damage to your trolling motor?

Reactions: marlyn and aztec23
    Upvote 0

sdapguy

Sep 25, 2020
    US
    Name
    D P
    Boat Name
    1994 15' Dauntless Whaler
    They stopped us in the river current where two flows came back together for a "safety inspection". Wife was up by anchor locker, so she was getting the safety gear bag and fire extinguisher out, when the lid fell over from the rockin, rolling and bouncing around while they held our boats together adrift. The lid struck the top of her kneecap and caused a lot of pain, swelling and difficulty of use for quite some time. They blamed us for it happening, when they chose where to do the "inspection". Turned out, because we waved a can, only Pepsi with no additives, at a couple jetskis just a few minutes before, they thought we were drinking and boating. The jetskis were "undercover" FWS that radioed back to their other boat. They still wrote a ticket for the extinguisher because the stem didn't pop back to their liking, which was still full and functioned when tested later. They wanted to write a ticket for being above the gunwale while under way. The whaler has a low gunwale, which the bench seat is above from the factory. They just need to write revenue tickets and try to justify their existence. hopefully they use the revenue for practicing their boat operating skills. My daughter in law was USCG and she can do donuts around these guys.

Reactions: aztec23
    Upvote 0