Bkraklow

kraky
May 31, 2012
Chula Vista CA
Name
Brian K
Boat
New Beginnings
Left Shelter at 5:30. Got a good scoop of sardines and headed for the 371. Found 1 paddy on the way out for a small yellowtail. Get about 5 miles shy of the 371 and it's looking real fishy. We see a marlin swimming in the water, so we put the trollers out. He didn't want anything to do with us. The area looked good, lots of birds flying around so we trolled a little bit. Within 5 minutes my buddy sees some fish jumping just ahead of the boat. At the same time all 4 trollers go off: Mex flag, purple and black, cedar plug and purple repala. Get three in the boat and we are stoked!! About a 100 yards away we see some more boils and fish jumping. So we motor over and fly line some sardines. Immediately all 3 of us are hooked up. Long story short is we limited by 9:30!! Fished seemed a little line shy and the fluorocarbon leader helped. After we got our limit we headed for the 226 for some paddies for yellowtail and couldn't find a single one. The wind came up a little so we started for home. On the way in I see something jump ahead of us, another marlin. At this point we were only about 7 miles out. We throw the trollers out and get in front of him. He hits the Mexican flag twice but no hook up. Lost sight of him cause of the wind so we headed in. Cleaned fish on the way in and home by 3. Pretty awesome day on the water.

Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat
35 Cabo Express
I hope next year is this good, it is going to be hard to top this. Nice day on the water again!

Upvote 0

AhSpray

Assistant Gaffer
Apr 25, 2003
Escondido
Name
Rob
Boat
AAA+++ Ho
Very well done. I'll bet your blood was pumping with that carp in your lures!
Congratulations on a great day.

Upvote 0