SoCalEDC

Almost A Member
  • Apr 9, 2019
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Name
    AE
    Boat
    Fisha 500
    Haha, most of my reels are baitcasters coming from freshwater fishing, only have 2 or so spinners haha. This was one I started out for saltwater, but quickly realized I was going to be fishing saltwater much more than I anticipated. It held up great on our last outing and will definitely keep it if anything as a backup to lend to friends on trips.

Just checked out that rod, looks good for what I am looking for and is a reasonable price! Thanks again for all the help!
    You can fish the shit out of that 6000 spinner in the salt. Us west coaster are conventional guys, but if you ever watch the east coast guys they love those big spinners and they boat a ton of fish with them. Additionally, the spinners typically have better sealing than conventional or baitcast reels do, put that thing on a jigging rod or on a popping rod and fish it accordingly.

Upvote 0

Dozer217

Almost A Member
    Aug 12, 2010
    LBC
    See Steve Carson's recent post on the 5 setup's you need, it's in the Penn forum or you can search it on youtube Searcher Sportfishing.