Best scope under 3 bills

Discussion in 'Gun Talk' started by Aggro, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    Looking for something in the 4-16 variable range. There are so many. Nikon Buckmaster, Leupold , Bushnell , Vortex Diamondback series, and lastly the Redfield scopes? I seriously need to upgrade the scope on the win mag as I ain't losing a shot at another Deer due to light. I made due with a cheap scope for a while but time to upgrade.

2. okie man

okie man I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    kerry way
    Boat:
    18' javalin
  3. TROB

TROB Member

Name:
    Tommy
    Boat:
    Duck Schmuck - yak
    For my 300wm, I really like my Burris fullfield II 4.5-14x42 with the E1 reticle. I got it for $315 shipped after some searching. They retail for around 350, but you can find them cheaper. It's really nice.

I also own 3 nikon buckmasters. 4.5-14x40, 4-12x50, 6-18x40. I really like those scopes and use them all for precision hunting (rock chucks). I get mine on eBay, used, for around 200-250 shipped.

I would highly recommend all those.

4. el Toro

el Toro I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Nate
    Boat:
    Artemis
    I just saw today that the Zeiss Conquests were on a dirt cheap sale at Cabelas. A little more than $300, but damn good for the money.

With scopes, I've had good luck with anything and everything Leupold, Burris Fullfield II, Zeiss Conquest, and the higher end Weavers like the World Class/Grand Slam.

5. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    Who makes the Cabelas or other makes house scopes? Is the lighted reticle the way to go? This is all fancy shit to me. Too much old school I guess :D Thanks for the replies fellas.

6. widgeon

widgeon Ex-Hunter and gatherer

Name:
    Tony
    Boat:
    Tarpon 140
    Hard to beat Nikon in that price range.

7. blowboater

blowboater Fishing with Papa

Name:
    Joel
    Boat:
    35' cheoy lee - Sold
    I'm an amateur. But I can tell you that I can see thru my Nikon at night better than I can see with the naked eye (not me naked - just my eyes). The other stuff mentioned I have used/played with - but I could shoot at night with my Nikon.

I don't know for certain on the scopes but anything with glass by Zeiss I would trust. My nikon might even have zeiss glass. I should check.