Best results ever! Tailwalker Fisheries set me up (boat rigging)

Emzbuddy

I miss sports
Mar 13, 2008
Bothell, WA
Name
Doug
Boat
Defiance 250 (Doris Ann), Wellcraft 26 (Doug Out, Whaler 16 SL (Bull Pen) Livingston 8 (Short Stop)
Recently had Patrick @ Tailwalker Fisheries install a Raymarine Evolution 200 Auto-pilot system and revamp my electrical/battery system on my Defiance 250 (see classified dated May 7).

Added (2) batteries, installed a new battery switch and ACR. I now have true house & cranking banks.

Let me tell you, I couldn’t be happier with the results.

Patrick’s practical experience and attention to detail resulted in a meticulous installation and greatly improved the performance and reliability of my systems.

Post install we did the sea trial & Patrick instructed me how everything works, what was improved and what future improvements I should consider.

I foresee a busy future for Patrick.

Tailwalker Industries - Marine Electrical, Electronics, Audio and (of course) Fishing Charters

@ Walker Inc.

Thanks Patrick,
Emz

Auto Pilot – my crew all naps during those long legs, Skippers, what do you do to stay awake? I see a watch alarm in my future.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

imagejpeg_1.jpg

IMG_6344.jpg

IMG_6345.jpg

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
May 10, 2010
White trashville
Name
Garrett
Boat
21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
Where's the new stereo??!

Good to see the electrical sorted. That was a mess.

Emzbuddy

I miss sports
Mar 13, 2008
Bothell, WA
Name
Doug
Boat
Defiance 250 (Doris Ann), Wellcraft 26 (Doug Out, Whaler 16 SL (Bull Pen) Livingston 8 (Short Stop)
Where's the new stereo??!

Good to see the electrical sorted. That was a mess.
C'mon bro.. Dougie can still install a stereo. Plan to add a backup VHF as well.

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Your fuel gauge is crooked 🧐. Too many beers maybe 🤪. Otherwise very nice job!

Mpizzle

Bobber down!
Jul 18, 2010
Mt Vernon
Name
Matt
Boat
20’ Glasply
might want to upgrade your carbon monoxide sticker so you don’t get dinged by the coasties now. Lol

bdrlgion

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
Not a criticism as i'm sure there's a reason - Why connect the ACR to the switch? That's different what I see on the standard Blue Sea add-a-battery wiring diagram. I'm about to add a second battery, ACR/Switch myself and am trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start cutting + crimping.

Walker Inc.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
Not a criticism as i'm sure there's a reason - Why connect the ACR to the switch? That's different what I see on the standard Blue Sea add-a-battery wiring diagram. I'm about to add a second battery, ACR/Switch myself and am trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start cutting + crimping.
Ease of install. Also so that when the battery switch is off with the boat in storage, the ACR is not energized all the time when the battery charger is plugged in/maintaining as this boat has 2 banks and a 2 bank charger. The blue sea diagram shows it being battery to battery for clarification purposes. I like equipment all in the same place when possible for verification of function and or troubleshooting.

Emzbuddy

I miss sports
Mar 13, 2008
Bothell, WA
Name
Doug
Boat
might want to upgrade your carbon monoxide sticker so you don’t get dinged by the coasties now. Lol
yessir, in work.

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
Nice work Patrick.
Doug you will enjoy the AP. Get the Capt seat upgraded to Air. Patrick can do that as well. He has the source for the Aluminum Air tank as well.

What's another 1500 for confort. A used 1lb Plastic Coffee can works.