flytie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat Name
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
Need a 2.5 gallon john for the wife and friends daughters that fish. Can't find any crapper review sites.

Do you have a crapper recommendations for one that isn't a piece of crap or doesn't stink?

Upvote 0

Rusty123

Yep
  • Mar 7, 2019
    Long Beach
    Name
    Rusty
    Boat Name
    Bayliner cuddy
    I tore my porta potty out. Too short for any normal human. Pain in the butt to clean.

I have since purchased the bucket toilet seat cover lid thing. $12 at Wallys. Put a garbage bag or whatever in bucket before your #2, tie it up and dispose afterwards.

Easier for me. Less stink. I hate porta potties. Just my opinion 🙂

Upvote 0

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
    Orange, CA USA
    Name
    GC
    Boat Name
    I tore my porta potty out. Too short for any normal human. Pain in the butt to clean.

I have since purchased the bucket toilet seat cover lid thing. $12 at Wallys. Put a garbage bag or whatever in bucket before your #2, tie it up and dispose afterwards.

Easier for me. Less stink. I hate porta potties. Just my opinion 🙂
    I agree and have a bucket dump already. Wife wants some sort of head in the bigger boat.

Upvote 0

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
    Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat Name
    Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
    Well I have a LOT of experience with PP's... our party boats have them (two 32' double deck pontoons) there is no such thing as a PP that does not stink after a #2 and even just piss stinks too (we keep them clean and with chemicals in them at all times)... and a 2.5 gal is way to short for anyone other than a toddler to use unless it is mounted on a base of some sort... we have tried all of the brands (well almost all after 8+ years) and they are all about the same as far as durability... we have settled on the Thetford PORTA POTTI 365... we get the warranty from WM and replace every 8-12 months (they hate seeing us coming at WM but now they just come out to the truck and look at it and tell us to throw it away and give us a new one) now keep in mind these get used A LOT... we average 300+ charters per boat per season so that is a lot of ASS hours on them and we do not allow shitting on the boats (we take them to a restroom if the need comes up). Now I do realize that you will not have that kind of use with your PP but its some info on PP's.

Reactions: flytie
    Upvote 0

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
    Orange, CA USA
    Name
    GC
    Boat Name
    Well I have a LOT of experience with PP's... our party boats have them (two 32' double deck pontoons) there is no such thing as a PP that does not stink after a #2 and even just piss stinks too (we keep them clean and with chemicals in them at all times)... and a 2.5 gal is way to short for anyone other than a toddler to use unless it is mounted on a base of some sort... we have tried all of the brands (well almost all after 8+ years) and they are all about the same as far as durability... we have settled on the Thetford PORTA POTTI 365... we get the warranty from WM and replace every 8-12 months (they hate seeing us coming at WM but now they just come out to the truck and look at it and tell us to throw it away and give us a new one) now keep in mind these get used A LOT... we average 300+ charters per boat per season so that is a lot of ASS hours on them and we do not allow shitting on the boats (we take them to a restroom if the need comes up). Now I do realize that you will not have that kind of use with your PP but its some info on PP's.
    Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

Reactions: bman440440
    Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat Name
    Yes
    Wife wants some sort of head in the bigger boat.
    That is a slippery slope. My wife said if we had a real head, she would be 100% happy. So I upgraded to a boat with that. She was happy for a while but soon discovered she needed a stand up shower to be truly happy. Another upgrade. Them a real galley. Yet another upgrade. Most recently, stabilizers. She has been happy for years but I dread her coming up with another need.

Reactions: bman440440
    Upvote 0

pete j

Mar 17, 2012
    lompoc ca usa
    Name
    pete
    Boat Name
    Slayliner
    Five gallon bucket with toilet seat lid but most important is the 10 gallon gain smelling trash bags. Do what you have got to do tie bag up leave inside bucket and put new bag in
    You can buy gain or Febreze smelling bags at a dollar store and they really do work good for smells

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
    Feb 28, 2004
    Sabre Springs
    Name
    Tom McKinney
    Boat Name
    Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
    There are bags you can get for the bucket that are designed for human waste and they have a powder inside that gels thebliquids and helps the solids not smell. Also has a double seal. Often called WAG bags

Reactions: flytie and pete j
    Upvote 0

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
    Orange, CA USA
    Name
    GC
    Boat Name
    There are bags you can get for the bucket that are designed for human waste and they have a powder inside that gels thebliquids and helps the solids not smell. Also has a double seal. Often called WAG bags
    Winner, winner, shitty solution! Thanks for that. Had never heard of these things. WE (she helped with the decision) ended up with this as the way to wipe up a crappy solution. 3 gallon bucket, seat and these bags. Fits under my cuddy spot for the porta potty.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

brokeass boater

• Feb 23, 2010
    Norcal's Brentwood
    Name
    Gregg
    Boat Name
    24' Skipjack w/Pilothouse, 21' Marada, 15' Boston Whaler
    Way over thinking it, trust me. The honey bucket, 5 gal. bucket with the snap on seat and a trash bag,,,,but, use kitty litter. The kittey litter absorbs liquid, and if someone has to drop one, just have them add a little kitty litter over after they finish with the paper work, no smell at all. Once back at the ramp, pull the bag and toss in the dumpster. No cleaning or dumping. This works better than you think. 2017 we had a rainstorm up here that flooded our property right up to the house. Our septic wouldn't perk for 6 weeks after that, we are at the water level protected by levees. Finally the ground water lowered, but for 6 weeks we used the bucket and kitty littler in the house. I use this in the cuddy of my skippy, my wife and my buddies wives have all used it and no complaints on the boat,,,gregg

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0387 (1).JPG

Upvote 0

pete j

Mar 17, 2012
    lompoc ca usa
    Name
    pete
    Boat Name
    Slayliner
    Way over thinking it, trust me. The honey bucket, 5 gal. bucket with the snap on seat and a trash bag,,,,but, use kitty litter. The kittey litter absorbs liquid, and if someone has to drop one, just have them add a little kitty litter over after they finish with the paper work, no smell at all. Once back at the ramp, pull the bag and toss in the dumpster. No cleaning or dumping. This works better than you think. 2017 we had a rainstorm up here that flooded our property right up to the house. Our septic wouldn't perk for 6 weeks after that, we are at the water level protected by levees. Finally the ground water lowered, but for 6 weeks we used the bucket and kitty littler in the house. I use this in the cuddy of my skippy, my wife and my buddies wives have all used it and no complaints on the boat,,,gregg

View attachment 1416138

View attachment 1416139
    Same thing I do but never knew about kitty litter. Thanks for the tip

Upvote 0