Almost A Member
  • Jul 30, 2020
    Yucca Valley
    Name
    Shane Reil
    Boat Name
    Next year hopefully
    Hi,
    I am looking for some seeker blanks. I know there are a few for sale on here every now and then. I have also reached out to seeker to get a price list and availability of a few rod blanks. They have not got back to me yet only been a day. I am looking to get a 20lb, 30lb, 2 40lb, 60lb, 100lb. So it would be great to pick them all up at one spot or have them all shipped at the same time. I am on a budget. LOL please let me know of a shop or ?? In southern CA as close to palm springs as possible. Or that ships. I was getting blanks from mud hole a couple years ago but now they only have a couple to chose from. I would also consider using uc or cal star blanks just don't know any thing about them.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Almost A Member
  • Jul 30, 2020
    Yucca Valley
    Name
    Shane Reil
    Boat Name
    Next year hopefully
    Thank you for all the responses. I guess I will give it a couple more days then try to contact seeker again if i dont hear from them via email.

Upvote 0

lazyfisherman

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 28, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Bobby
    Boat Name
    Cattle Boats
    Most shops won't carry blanks for sale but will order for you if you want. Not going to be cheap. Best bet is to drive to Seeker and see what they have. Long drive but will be your best bet at finding the best selection.

Reactions: jer dog and Kevin A
    Upvote 0

Shane R

Almost A Member
  • Jul 30, 2020
    Yucca Valley
    Name
    Shane Reil
    Boat Name
    Next year hopefully
    Most shops won't carry blanks for sale but will order for you if you want. Not going to be cheap. Best bet is to drive to Seeker and see what they have. Long drive but will be your best bet at finding the best selection.
    Ya I'm sure they are not going to be cheap anywhere I am just going to make a plan to go down there and hit up a couple tackle shops also for everything else I am going to need, to start getting ready for fishing seasion.

Upvote 0
    Feb 28, 2016
    sb
    Name
    Jose Caballero
    Boat Name
    "Reveille" 17' arima sea chaser
    it's true, going to factory is cool and I do it all the time and it's a good way to shop, but I'll add a couple of things:

- they get super busy near closing so I recommend going a bit before lunch time.
    - the organization is really really spotty. one guy moves stuff to fill an order, someone else comes in and takes items to fill another order, the pile gets moved and then abandoned in a corner... and there's a LOT of confusion about what goes where and if it's available for sale or not. all I can recommend is that you be patient and don't move things.
    - dealers have, and deserve, priority, so be ready to see a stack of the blank you want but they can't sell them to you. some stuff will be on the shelf so it's worth going, but some stuff will be spoken for and some stuff will be "in the pipeline" (aka, "who knows when we'll have more"). happens to all of us, all the time.
    - if you appreciate the assistance and want to show your appreciation... rick and ed love tequila.
    - if you're gonna build these, don't forget the stickers.

and another thing: you're buying a whole quiver of blanks... you gonna build these yourself? cuz if you're going to hire a builder, they will likely have a wholesale account and be able to get the same stuff as you would, maybe cheaper, maybe faster, maybe sooner... just a thought.

finally, the seeker sale usually happens the weekend of the super bowl. if you can wait a couple months, the special pricing and limited runs can be a cool bonus. it's also a nutty scene and not for everyone, but if you're trying to build a rod room it's a pretty intoxicating setting.

Upvote 0