Best meals for 8-10 days

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by Bill W, Jun 15, 2018.

1. SCHeadhunter

SCHeadhunter Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    Sold to the man with $$$
    FYI, the boats bait is included in their override paid to their respective landings so cutting back on the galley has absolutely nothing to do with how much or the quality of their live bait.

freegaff2 and Bill W like this.
  2. raw66

raw66 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Gary M
    Boat:
    A nice one
    I am very lucky to have a second hobby of diving where the attributes of spending a week or longer at sea is identical to LRF in terms of costs as well and the controllable parts of the trip most importantly foods and quality snacks divers can gastronomically process without issues underwater.

I have also been very fortunate to have enjoyed certain aspects of the never changing menus the Excel has prepared during the last 6-7 years and then contrasting it with dive boat food, which in my mind is their counterpart as their trip prices are very comparable.

Long before this thread was started I have struggled how to articulate to my fishing buddies without appearing like an ostentatious prick because at this stage of my life I can indulge myself with several months on the water each year and feel very qualified to pass judgment on this topic of food at the risk of offending some.

Granny once told me before you open your mouth to complain ask yourself if it’s true, kind, and necessary. Before some will point out, don’t let the door hit you on the way out and you should stick to diving. I certainly recognized the unpopularity if I was critical or tried to compare the night and day difference of the dining and food options offered.

This post of mine is probably unnecessary, but you guys are getting screwed more than your aware of. Just completed my second 10 day trip to Coco’s Island this year for some shark diving all for the same price I would pay the Excel or any of their counterparts for a 15 day trip. Was not offered the previous nights desert or sugar cookies as a poor excuse for a snack. Nor was I fed several meals I was encouraged to catch and donate despite how carefully crafted they were prepared.

There appears to me a Wolfpack mentality of being all ga ga everything’s fine because some of you guys are regulars on certain boats and lest you offend and go along with the flow of what’s put in front of you and don’t wish to stand out. OK I flunked the Dale Carnegie course and am not afraid to offend when I’m given day old cake or the same sugar cookies they serve every other day. When only two days of 15 are a quality soup and 1 veggie platter consisting of celery and carrot sticks.

Nothing will change in the LR food department considering the dumbing down threads like this perpetuate with very few or absolutely no criticism only gushing comments they don’t need to change a thing because nobody but this one guy has canceled 2 of his upcoming 16 day trips because the food is less than expected he won’t be missed. Difficult posting but this has been bothering me for some time.

3. swami 805

swami 805 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    sunk it
    Should have stuck with granny's words of wisdom. The title of the thread was the best meal or whatever.
    There was a thread awhile ago about crappy long range food, I guess you missed that one. No shortage of posts there.

4. reellady

reellady I'd rather be catching TUNA

Name:
    donna
    Boat:
    reel lady
    Opinions are like .....,.,

wahoodad likes this.
  5. dinko

dinko Member

Name:
    danny
    Boat:
    excel

6. dinko

dinko Member

Name:
    danny
    Boat:
    excel
    hey, gary m . ... u should stay in your shark cage.. or better yet .. ah. forget it !!

sk8ingtuna likes this.
  7. raw66

raw66 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Gary M
    Boat:
    A nice one
    I knew I’d take flak about this. Like arguing with people who still think the world is flat. It’s your cash, spend it anyway you want and I’m just another asshole with an opinion.

If you waste your time talking to people who don’t listen, who do you think is going to care and if you should die complaining how things they could be changing hoping someone’s gonna care. .........Waylon Jennings

Bill W likes this.
  8. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" —Derek Zoolander

Yellowtail Dan, RideHPD and Artois like this.