fishenfreak

Almost A Member
May 23, 2007
san diego
Name
don
Boat
none yet ,soon though
Looking at many of the options out there, I'd like some opinions on what Rod to match up with a Komodo,Diawa,Shimano 400-500 size Baitcaster. Something that will be a Multi species rod. 20-40LB 20-50lb,so Heavy or XH I already own a PCH Heavy ,but it's not a Trigger handle. I seen Okuma has now released a XH 8 foot PCH Inshore, but I can't find one to look at.

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
For my my Komodo/Lexa/Fathom 400s...I have it on Okuma SCTi 8’6” XH, Okuma PCH 901MH and Okuma PCHi 801M for open party boat trips.

Just added the United Composites Swimbait Finatic 801MH and GUSA Classic Mega 7’9” for those above mentioned reels.

Reactions: fishenfreak

Killin n grillin

x-h20 certified
Jun 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat
87 Montauk ,Grady 180
I second the SCTI 8'6" Okuma it's a great great combo with a 400size ,but my favorite is my cousins raze 8'3" (839t)have both and it's a toss up on witch is better .IRod has a super killer looking inshore model that looks as if it would pair up nicely with a saltwater baitcaster but cannot speak on it as I have never actually had my hands on one to get a feel for the action, performance or quality these .All I know is when it came out it had me geeking on it ,looks like a cool rod.But both of the rods mentioned will fish 20-40 line rating but are a light set up to stop a larger fish you might be targeting in the heavier side of the line rating .Personally when trying to target bigger models or fish a heavier line class (40-50) I prefer a deckhand style rod with a clamp , though If jig fishing I would use a 40-50 lb stinger on the lighter inshore rods and if I was to hook a larger model would have to fasten seat belt .

Last edited: