revolution cng

Almost A Member
  • Sep 3, 2014
    North SLO county
    Name
    keith iaia
    Boat
    Gregor Baja skiff 'Tin Man'
    I'm towing down to SI in a couple weeks from Paso Robles. Full tanks will add another ~1400lbs to the weight of the rig and I think I'd rather just make a stop somewhere along the highway near the offramp.. Can anybody name a good place? Like maybe a truck stop? It's a big azz boat and I don't want to wind up in some tight little Prius station.

Sep 20, 2017
    Oak Park, CA
    Name
    Matthew Ahmadi
    Boat
    No boat :(
    If you need to make a stop in the Agoura Hills area and you're taking the 101, the 76 station off Chesebro is great. It's huge (big rigs use it) and the on ramp and off ramp can't be closer.

Reactions: John Stidman

Wolfman4

Wolfman
    Feb 20, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Michael Quidort
    Boat
    C-Dory
    You asked the right question at the right time!
    Summit gas/convienience store has gas prices at or lower than Costco, 100 lbs of ice free (buy 35 gal gas) discount on bait and plenty of room!
    It's located at the entrance of the former Sports Arena and it's huge, plenty of room

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    Summit gas/convienience store has gas prices at or lower than Costco, 100 lbs of ice free (buy 35 gal gas) discount on bait and plenty of room!
    It's located at the entrance of the former Sports Arena and it's huge, plenty of room
    Does that count for diesel too?

Upvote 0

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 12, 2006
    Glendora Ca
    Name
    Leon
    Boat
    28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
    I'm towing down to SI in a couple weeks from Paso Robles. Full tanks will add another ~1400lbs to the weight of the rig and I think I'd rather just make a stop somewhere along the highway near the offramp.. Can anybody name a good place? Like maybe a truck stop? It's a big azz boat and I don't want to wind up in some tight little Prius station.
    Are you buying gas or diesel?, I bought Diesel at the Jankovich Company fuel dock San Pedro last week, $2.97 per gal plus California sales tax no highway tax, work out to about @3.30 per.
    I imagine the fuel dock in San Diego to be similar.

Reactions: Arima-bob
    Upvote 0

Kman

Apr 7, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Kurt
    Boat
    Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
    Thanks for that. Are they open at 0300? Do they reliably have ice?

Upvote 0

downtime

Sep 12, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Ronson
    Boat
    26 Skipjack "Reel Hard"
    Best place for a tall rig is the Vons in pacific beach. They have gas and diesel. Easy to pull thru. The bad part is it is not the cheapest in town. The station on Sports Arena (Summit) is not easy to maneuver with a big rig when they are busy. They have good prices!

Reactions: Shewillbemine
    Upvote 0

downtime

Sep 12, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Ronson
    Boat
    26 Skipjack "Reel Hard"
    If you buy 100 gallons can you get 200lbs of free ice? That’s a good deal….

Upvote 0

queenfish

Nov 21, 2003
    OB
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    19 Boston Whaler Nantucket
    Summit on Sports Arena. ( actually at the Sports Arena) is the best.
    They are eager for boater's business.
    If you buy 35 gallons of gas they will give you 100lbs of ice.
    BUT, you have to ask for it.
    Mention the "radio special "

Plus the ice Is a fair price if you need more. Like $3.99 fir 25lbs.
    Lots of room.
    Great oldies music piped out to the pumps.
    Great donuts.
    Very cool place.

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    The Summit station next to the Sports Arena is good but watch your stuff very closely. There are a ton of tweekers and homeless that hang out there by the swapmeet and across the street by the Home Depot. We always leave one person with the truck to keep an eye on everything.

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Summit is a nice place but the 2 times I have been there they have been much higher for credit cards like .22 per gallon more. Costco has been my go to for the past few years. I actually filled up the boat today with premium for $4.15 per gallon and I get 4% back using the Costco Visa. They only have regular and premium my motors (2014 F300's) require 89 or better octane. So it's actually less expensive for me to get premium at Costco over mid-grade from anywhere else.

Upvote 0