BEST FISHING PLIERS BELT POUCH TIPS

Discussion in 'Fishing Tips' started by geebee, Jul 6, 2017.

1. geebee

geebee Member

Name:
    Gee Bee
    Boat:
    Partial to AZTEC
    1361687_b5cdd93ee9ae5a2959633c8d342962d4_thumb.jpg I spent some time trying to put together a heavy duty set of plyers and belt pouch case that would stand up to monster off shore tuna, halibut, white seabass, wahoo, bottom, jig fishing. I tried some of the needle nose aluminum braid cutters, but they didn't seem up to the task unless they were over $100.

TIGHT LINES ALL...

This is what I came up with recommended on my budget:

DeWalt Heavy-Duty Tool Holder DG5173 (belt pouch/case), I removed its Steel measuring tape clip ($21)

DeWalt long nose pliers DWHT70277 ($11) These require oil as they will rust, but should last a couple seasons with some care.

Boomerang Original SNIP spectra braid Fishing Line Cutter ($13).

Bianchi Key Holder Lightweight Dual Snap Closure Belt Keeper (this attaches to the yellow accessory loop and holds my towel via a 3-1/4" Stainless Steel Safety Pin.

I added a Stainless Steel S-Ring Carabiner Locking Snap Clip to a small loop to attach a
    Stainless Steel Wire Coiled Lanyard Safety Rope to the pliers. Note: I had to drill a small hole in the plier's handle to fit a Stainless Steel Wire Keychain Cable Screw Clasp Key Ring 10cm 4" on the rig.

1364161_ed93d7c72f1e1740020f7a649c39540f_thumb.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. geebee

geebee Member

Name:
    Gee Bee
    Boat:
    Partial to AZTEC
    The pliers fit perfect in the top narrow slot as pictured -- I think they were made specifically to fit here -- but I'm keeping the pliers in the wide back slot.

Dewalt3.jpg

3. geebee

geebee Member

Name:
    Gee Bee
    Boat:
    Partial to AZTEC
    If you want to track down the parts I used, you should be able to search eBay and Amazon using my bolded words.

I am just a SOCAL ocean fisherman, I have no affiliation to any of the products or companies.

Here are most of the pieces separated:

Dewalt2.jpg

Cubeye likes this.
  4. Cubeye

Cubeye I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Kub
    Boat:
    17' Gregor
    The tool holder looks good, but I'm not so sure the "pockets" are deep enough to hold a pair of dykes. Needle nose pliers maybe, but not dykes. Also have you tried to use two pliers with it? I'm thinking about a pair of dykes and duckbill pliers.

5. TEAMFISH

TEAMFISH JUST ADD WATER

Name:
    DAVE
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Fisherman
    [​IMG]This is the only way to go. Holds duckbills, dykes and a spike. Not sure if Jed is still making them.

(disclaimer) Couldn't find the picture of my sheath so I used someone else, same thing.

NATIVE likes this.
  6. geebee

geebee Member

Name:
    Gee Bee
    Boat:
    Partial to AZTEC
    EDIT: In my #1 photo the pliers were not pushed all the way down in the rear pocket. This new pic should help you out to gauge proper depth as the needle-nose pliers are pretty long.

The rear pocket is oversized for my recommended pliers, the front pocket is a lot more narrow and fits the pliers like a proper fitting glove. Right now I prefer to carry the pliers in the rear oversized pocket.

That Jed leather rig is impressive... mine is a budget alternative. In any case, amazon caries both my DeWalt items with no-risk return policy.

PS: The wire cutters on these pliers are plenty good, and the needlenose grip is plenty strong (great disposable tool for $11).

PlyersIn.jpg

Cubeye likes this.
  7. Perk1982

Perk1982 Newbie

Name:
    Ross
    Boat:
    Ross
    Where could I find a sheath like those. In the market

8. PoolMan

PoolMan 7 'dines short of a full scoop

Name:
    Chuck G
    Boat:
    8' sabot #69
    I have a pattern for something similar. My son turned that into a decent sheath for me. Just the leather alone was spendy. I would bet around $45 just in leather and lanyard for mine after waste. I can post a pick and if interested you can contact him.

Islandgypsy likes this.
  9. InDeepShip

InDeepShip Ah ship

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    In my Dream's
    I got one from izor line and I can shake my pliers and side cutters upside down and the don't move at all

Derby likes this.
  10. PoolMan

PoolMan 7 'dines short of a full scoop

Name:
    Chuck G
    Boat:
    8' sabot #69
    Here is the newest version. Two pairs of pliers and a tuna spike (I just use a Phillips screw driver). 20190202_190536.jpg

rrhookup likes this.