Best day(s) for Fred Hall Long Beach

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by Fincutter, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Bad Bart

Bad Bart Newbie

Name:
    Bart D'Averso
    Boat:
    EXCEL
    If your smart GENTLEMEN JIM...forgeta bout it .

2. walkerman

walkerman I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    n/a
    Maybe we could have a BD forum lunch. It would be fun to put faces to web monikers

3. Rodless_Jim

Rodless_Jim I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    Strictly a Rider
    That may be good advice, Bart, and I am still not sure I'll be able to attend in any case. If I can, though, I'd kind of like to go. It has been a long time, and it's fun to see.

Put it this way, I've paid a lot more to do things that interested me less! And if I go, chances are I'll go the first day. I probably won't go with a long shopping list...just to see and get ideas. Between Trophy Tackle, BHP Tackle, Squidco, Ken Bush Custom Rods, and RingedHooks.com, I already have all the fishing tackle I can use...and then some.

For those who don't know, Bart was on my last 10-trip, the one where I had my rods stolen the night before we left. Under the circumstances he literally COULD NOT bring himself to call me "Rodless," and decided "Gentleman Jim" was a better handle. I am by no means convinced that I deserve such a nickname, but I was (and remain) flattered.

I gather I won't see YOU there, Bart. Is there a show in New Jersey that you attend?

I think a forum lunch might be a good idea in general, Steve. Or a dinner, perhaps. Once I know my schedule, we can look into it.

Fincutter and Olddog8 like this.
  4. Bad Bart

Bad Bart Newbie

Name:
    Bart D'Averso
    Boat:
    EXCEL
    Hi jim..What i was getting at was dinkos remark about getting together with him. Bring a bottle of asprin. Good to hear from you. We have a expo here in nj in march. The EXCEL has been here a few times. Ill be on the Excel phenix in sept. again. Keep in touch buddy.

Rodless_Jim likes this.
  5. Rodless_Jim

Rodless_Jim I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    Strictly a Rider
    Once again, life intrudes with my plans. I don't think I will be able to go to the Fred this year either. I will be in Mexico all of next week, returning to San Diego Saturday afternoon. I could maybe get there Sunday, the last day of the show, but in all honesty, chances look bleak.

Still hoping to meet you guys at some point. And hey, maybe next year, right?

tuna78 likes this.
  6. dinko

dinko Member

Name:
    danny
    Boat:
    excel
    jim. bob and I will be there on thurs.. give me a call 562-243-0534 and we can meet up and go to dinner that night

7. italian/chef

italian/chef Member

Name:
    pietro
    Is the ticket valid only for one day ?
    Thx

8. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    I go and always meet someone I have not seen in many years. Last year I met Tony, who taught me the uni knot pulled back to make a loop. (Along with a few other tricks) A big hero in my book for improving my bite ratio. Year before seen Ted Hale that I used to work the day boats with. Always a pleasure to go, hardly ever go for the seminars. (Kinda like the on the boat seminars I have heard too many times)

Wednesday...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018