Spoons

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
Hey All, I tried doing a search but didn't come up with anything. But what is everyone using to remove dry tuna splatter.

I usually do a pretty good job at removing blood while it's still fresh/wet and most of it comes off but as always theres always a few dots here and there that require quite a bit of elbow grease with soap and water. What is the best spray to get the dry blood off effortlessly? I'm sure there are products out there. Anyone care to share?

Thanks in advance.

Erik

Upvote 0

Tango909

Protector of the Bight
Apr 21, 2015
Mira Mesa
Name
Taylor
Boat
Working on it
Hey All, I tried doing a search but didn't come up with anything. But what is everyone using to remove dry tuna splatter.

I usually do a pretty good job at removing blood while it's still fresh/wet and most of it comes off but as always theres always a few dots here and there that require quite a bit of elbow grease with soap and water. What is the best spray to get the dry blood off effortlessly? I'm sure there are products out there. Anyone care to share?

Thanks in advance.

Erik

I heard white vinegar works (never tried). Hydrogen peroxide, letting it sit on the stain for a few minutes then rinse with cold water. Bar soap (non scented). Whatever you do, use cold water and work from inside the fabric pushing the stain out.

Upvote 0

ivane068

Professional hide and seek player..
May 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Ivan Esquivel
Boat
Parker 2520 Fin Reaper
Naval Jelly, removes everything. You can find it at any west marine.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
elbow grease, everyone person has a least two, but some are stronger then others. :D

In all seriousness...try and get it before it dries, same wit those fricken sardine scales. But the magic erasers work pretty good. Never heard of Naval Jelly. May have to try it.

Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat
35 Cabo Express
Everyone that buys the Magic Eraser, you can stop getting ripped off and buy Melamine foam. You can get a 50 pack for $3 bucks on Amazon. You can get them even cheaper else ware. It is the same thing.

You are paying over 1000% mark up for Magic Eraser.

Your Welcome.

Are you saying that there are no cleaning agents or bleach in the Magic Eraser?

Upvote 0

riverplayer

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 5, 2006
Riverside
Name
Ed
Boat
Osprey 30' Long Cabin "Into The Mystic"
I use the Clorox cleanup which has soap in it as well......Buy it by the gallons from Costco. It contains enough bleach to fuck up your clothes so be careful.....Its the best thing I have found to clean and sanitize a boats deck and surrounding areas after a day offshore.

Upvote 0

MightyMach

Aug 17, 2007
Corona
Name
Jeff
Boat
Phoenix 29 SFX "Given Inn," 17' Duckhungint boat, "Camo-Toe"
Everyone that buys the Magic Eraser, you can stop getting ripped off and buy Melamine foam. You can get a 50 pack for $3 bucks on Amazon. You can get them even cheaper else ware. It is the same thing.

You are paying over 1000% mark up for Magic Eraser.

Your Welcome.

But is it MAGIC?

Upvote 0

mmonti

Sep 15, 2012
Long Beach
Name
mmonti
Boat
Edgewater
Magic eraser has always treated me well. Even removes squid ink.

Yep, magic erasers work great. I go thru alot of them, they used to be fairly cheap at walmart but they charge almost 10 bucks now for the store brand, if you have a daiso store around they have em cheap like in the dollar range for a 5 pack, they all work the same ive tried em all.

If you scrub hard with them tho expect have to wax, i just did the complete outside of my hull, then waxed, boat looks great the blood just rinses off.

After you get your deck clean, use woody wax per the instructions on the bottle, your decks will stay clean, most stuff just rinses away even if sits.

Upvote 0

Geraldm

Jul 20, 2014
Name
Gerald
Boat
Boat
If you want to make it real easy at the end of the day swing by a car wash and use the bug degreaser. Spray down all of the blood with it and wait a few minutes and then it comes out really easy.

Upvote 0