No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
GOD I MISS THE OLD DAYS. I remember when one could stay at the original Hacienda for $45.00 a nite for 2 people. I sill go to Cabo to get my Marlin fix. But it is "Newport Beach South". I have be staying at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos for the last 30 years. When it first opened it was sold as a timeshare and quite a few of the owners were fishermen. The original crowd were friendly and courteous, picked up the trash and had respect fot the property. We all drank and got drunk, but were never obnoxious. The years have gone by and most oof original owners have passed on and the Resort has started to rent the rooms as a All Inclusive only basis.
With the room rates being $400.00 a day average cost plus another $125.00 a day per person for the food the place is pretty expensive. Where I am going with this is that people who spend that kind of money for the most part fell "Entitled ". The new group for the most part never leave the hotel grounds or the immediate beach area. They don't iteract with the locals. They treat the hotel staff like shit, leave trash all over the place, and because the All Inclusive includes there are a lot of obnoxious drunks now.
I have been doing a lot of soul searching as to whether I will return to Cabo as a fishing/vacation destination. Going forward I most likely will fly in and fish 4 or 5 days and fly back without staying extra days for rest and relaxation.

Reactions: woodfish330

alwaysbendo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 28, 2007
El segundo
Name
Vinnnnn
Boat
23' seacraft
Stay at Tesoro and fish with Jessica Sportfishing. They’ll pick you up right in front and one of the top pangas in Cabo

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
Wife and I love Tesoro.....Can walk everywhere, Great marina Views and the Pool is lots of fun....

bas13

May 22, 2009
Southern California
Name
bas13
Boat
Looking
I have taken the wife and kids to Welk (owner) and to Grand Solmar Rancho San Lucas. (owner also) both are awesome. Rancho is a little farther from town but they have a free shuttle to the other resorts which are next to the harbor. We are expecting our third child (finally getting a boy!!!!) so we wont be going down this year. I can get you a smoking deal on a week if you are interested. Let me know.

Full kitchen etc... for both.

Runway1

Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
Wife and I love Tesoro.....Can walk everywhere, Great marina Views and the Pool is lots of fun....
Stay at Tesoro and fish with Jessica Sportfishing. They’ll pick you up right in front and one of the top pangas in Cabo
I like this place. Only downside is no beach. My wife loves a nice beach, as do I, for that matter.

Runway1

Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
I have taken the wife and kids to Welk (owner) and to Grand Solmar Rancho San Lucas. (owner also) both are awesome. Rancho is a little farther from town but they have a free shuttle to the other resorts which are next to the harbor. We are expecting our third child (finally getting a boy!!!!) so we wont be going down this year. I can get you a smoking deal on a week if you are interested. Let me know.

Full kitchen etc... for both.
I am but these days, not even sure I can make my turkey hunt. Right now, certainly can't fly.

rtmorandi

Oct 31, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Rob Morandi
Boat
34' Fountain with twin Verado 350's
Check out Grand Solmar Lands End and then take her to dinner at Flora Farms, about a 30 minute drive from the harbor but a top five meal. Get the pizza (with bacon) as an appetizer - ridiculously good.

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Ziva.

All inclusive, several restaurants on site. The harbor will be a 15 - 20 minute ride.

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
Hacienda Del Mar, Sheraton.