best bang for your buck...

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Building Forum' started by maddogdrvr, Sep 9, 2007.

1. maddogdrvr

maddogdrvr Newbie

Name:
    brian
    Boat:
    someday
    what is the best way to go about ordering componets (blanks,reel seats,guides,cork,ect) with regard to pricing? One stop shop places like mudhole (or your favorite site?) , or individual sites for specific componets? What has been your experience?
    I am looking to purchase calstar,fuji,aftco,cork and thread.

2. Fishslayer

Fishslayer Tinfoil Hat

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    MV Heywood Jabloughme
    In San Diego ya just can't go wrong with Squidco on Barnett. Kinda basic selection of guides, and you can get everything else there. Squidco is one stop shopping for rod building as long as ya don't need anything real exotic. They carry loads of Calstar & Seeker blanks. HUGE selection of Gudebrod thread. Helpful staff & great prices, too.

Map of Squidco Fishing, 3518 Barnett Ave, San Diego, CA 92110 on San Diego Citysearch

Look at Badfish Offshore Equipment. Shipping from Torrance is gonna be less than from Fla. Louis is good people, too.

Other than the cost of shipping, I've had good luck with Mudhole. But I'd rather buy locally if I can.

I have no clue where the best place is to buy cork rings. The Adult Emporium next to Squidco might have... umm... never mind... :D

I'm not affiliated with anyone... :(

Fishslayer

3. sewerratking

sewerratking PC Stitch user

Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    none
    If it was me and I could not goto the place and had to order stuff on line the I would go to C&M Custom Tackle Rod Building Supplies they are good poeple there and will set you up with what you need not stuff so they can make a ton of dough.

Getting a business lic. will help as most places will give you a whole sale price instead of retail then.

If you go to the internet and ask around a few other web sites like the guild at Custom Rod Builders Guild there are those there that will help you also.

I'm not affiliated with anyone...except the guild and Bloodydecks, 2cool, northeasts (NERBS) and a few of the other rod building sites down the Florida way.

4. tackle junkie

tackle junkie Newbie

Name:
    Jose
    Boat:
    Prowler 13
    I like C&M, they've always gone out of their way to provide excellent service. They also carry good quality cork rings. Its a lot better than the stuff I've bought on ebay. I've been in their shop and although its about 1/10 the size of any of the local shops here in the LA area but they carry a better selection than all of the other stores combined.

5. sasman

sasman Newbie

Name:
    STEVE GONZALEZ
    Boat:
    Yes large one please
    Acidrod.com There it is! Mark is the man

6. graya

graya Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Guadalupe Raya
    Boat:
    none
    acidrod.com Mark and Collen they are the best people i have ever dealt with they carry most of the name brand components at very fair prices and if they don't have it they can order it for you.

7. Unclemeat

Unclemeat Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    none
    C & M Tackle(Acidrod.com) Mark and Colleen are great!!! They ship to me on the east coast, always get it in 2-3 days, can't beat that!!

8. DocSki

DocSki Captain

Name:
    James(Doc Ski)Labanowski
    Boat:
    17' Carolina Skiff
    I have to go with C&M too but then I am predjudice cause they are good friends. Still they do have the goods and dont eat you up with shipping.

9. Billy 40

Billy 40 Newbie

Name:
    a
    Boat:
    invisible
    MY suggestion would be to try to order from teh same people so you become a "regular" customer. My preference is to order from "small" operations where I can call up, BS on teh phone for 30 minutes, and get the inside scoop on new products, share wha tI know about new products, and other BS. Obviosuly most people arent' going to BS for 20 minutes with every customer, but I think you get what I'm saying. It's also nice to call up and say "hey, I need this component which I see you dont' have in stock....can you get it?" How about, "I have a Penn 130 and want to put it on a GRafighter 600XL, what components should I use?". While th boards are great places to get this type of info, I generally trust teh people I order from to provide me with this type of info should I need it. While I MIGHT pay a few more dollars (stress on a few), I get teh customer service I am looking for when I need it. I dont' understand why people would order from here or there just to save 32 cents on a tip top.

Where I order: Acidrod, Custom Tackle Supply, Anglers Workshop, Merrick, Matagi & Fishing MArunouci, both in Japan. I've ordered fom almost everywhere, adn can tell you that tehy are all good, or they wouldn't be in business.

10. Bill Batson

Bill Batson Bill Batson Advertiser

Name:
    Bill Batson
    Boat:
    Bayrunner, Leiana Rae
    Mark & Colleen at C&M are Mega Distributors of the Entire Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS product lines. They carry a large inventory of the most popular products for that area. Give them a call, I know you will not be disappointed with your choice to use these fine products, I gaurantee IT. If you have any questions i regards to our product lines please feel free to contact us. We are all rodbuilders and fisherman. A US family owned and operated company.
    Thank you for the support.

Bill Batson
    CEO
    Batson Enterprises
    Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS
    877-875-2381
    Forecasting your way to Rainshadow Fishing through Batson Enterprises, Inc.
    [email protected]

11. Bill Batson

Bill Batson Bill Batson Advertiser

Name:
    Bill Batson
    Boat:
    Bayrunner, Leiana Rae
    C&M are No Longer Batson Distributors>> Look at the date on the post.. Not sure how someone went into my account and posted this? If you need any Batson Products go to our website and find a dealer near you.. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us directly..
    Batson Family/TEAM
    877-875-2381
    [email protected]