dh515

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Sep 18, 2004
    So Cal
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Intrepid, Red Rooster III, Spirit of Adventure
    No apology needed. Sorry if I came off prickish. Sent you a PM.

Reactions: bimini
    Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat
    17' Gregor
    A little information from the past:

Reactions: FishRock
    Upvote 0

Trophy Tackle

Trophy Tackle
    Advertiser
    Feb 12, 2018
    West Babylon NY
    www.tunafishtackle.com
    Name
    TFT
    Boat
    Steel Ones
    A little information from the past:

We have not experienced what Denis has.

X9 has become one of our best sellers in all the line ratings.

50 and 65lb tests are used heavily for Tuna fishing with high cyclic loads. We have had zero complaints about the core separting from the 8 strands.

Having said that - I dont like the 80 and 100 pound tests. They are thick and have a very dense feel to them and dont fish well IMO.

The ProSpec and the Jbraid 8 are great lines for those applications.

2Rotten
    2Rotten
    Thanks for the Real-World response, much appreciated. How would you compare the X9 to the new Daiwa J-Braid Grand?
    Reactions: Bill W
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Trophy Tackle

Trophy Tackle
    Advertiser
    Feb 12, 2018
    West Babylon NY
    www.tunafishtackle.com
    Name
    TFT
    Boat
    Steel Ones
    J-Braid Grand 8 is excellent line. Smooth and very limp. Casts great.

I have not tested its ABS but, all braids at this point are over testing their rated line test.

Compared to X9 its a toss up. We are selling more Daiwa since we have both J8 and J8 Grand. Daiwa has some really cool colors as well.

X9 has white and green. It sells because it performs very well in many different scenarios. Casting, jigging, bait fishing and bottom fishing.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Imo, It's very important to (wring water) out of the spectra. As it's coming back onto the reel.

Water drops. Dripping from the fingers. Wringing (out) the spectra

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Gonna want some flex wrapp type of material. For packing spectra (tight) on the retrieve. With just a hook being retrieved back. In the high diameters imo for big tuna fishing with spectra. Pack it back, like it feels after being packed by a line winder :D

Preventing spectra reel bite is good with a packed reel that feels like a rock. Less water log spectra and less packing saltwater onto the spool. With pressure using the fingers.

When saltwater logged spectra, packed loose, drys. First drop back in. The spectra will be sticky coming off the reel, before getting wet again, slowing down the baits performance. First drop back in with spectra saturated in dry salt

A store that sells horse equipment. The big wide roll can be bought. Then use a razor blade and customize 2 widths.

Numerous different finger angle combinations to accomplish that, tight dry pack. Over 1 finger, under the next finger, back over the next finger, pulling away from the spool, while packing

I belly hook. So if the sardine bait is not productive. I rip it off the hook. If possible, I will slow wind a butt hooked bait that is probably spinning. And rip it off next to another fishers hooked bait to chum for them. Then skip the hook across the water back to me

Or pinch the line just between the thumb and index finger. For low diameter spectra and with high, just more pressure for heavy diameter.

Farm store. The big wide roll

Screenshot_20211020_171621.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Also less water weight packed onto the giant spool. The lighter in weight the spool is, the better. For the strength of a sardine to pull line off the reel (many many ways to aid your sardine in performing better, rod angle one). Will take a 0.1 percent more advantage. With bait performance. Plus all the other advantages. Consolidated into one single package. Add it all up

Current helps :D but there is not always current. And fish can be caught durring those times

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    The hollow. Packs water

Upvote 0