Jiff

Jun 30, 2009
Lynnwood, Anacortes WA
www.flickr.com
Name
Jeff
Boat
'95 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2655
We tried Burrows Bay on Thursday and Friday, 7/18-19. Not good for us. There were tons of Indian pots there atleast through Fiday. We were told they arrived on Tuesday.

andyandmarlys

Jul 20, 2013
Bellingham
Name
Andy Holmes
Boat
R2160
Totally skunked today in what was my hot spot last year. Did reasonably well up till today. 2 totally empty pots and two with all undersized.

gabe0308

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 25, 2008
B'ham WA
Name
Gabe
Boat
SAANAUK' (SEASPORT 24XL), Tlingit Princess (20' Wooldridge Sport Offshore)
Went out today and my normal spots were carpet bombed with native/commercial pots. Caught tons of just under and a few soft shells. Ended up with 4 descent ones. Pretty disappointed.

andyandmarlys

Jul 20, 2013
Bellingham
Name
Andy Holmes
Boat
R2160
Went out today and my normal spots were carpet bombed with native/commercial pots. Caught tons of just under and a few soft shells. Ended up with 4 descent ones. Pretty disappointed.

I have been leaving my pots to soak longer and for me that has been the ticket. Longer soaks are somewhat necessary when the big winds pick up as I don't want to go out and get hammered just to pull my pots.

Currently my pots are in an area that typically isn't a super hot spot, but since its open 7 days a week, I just take my time and check every few days in between weather systems.

gnehekul

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
There has to be a time soon when enough is enough. We cant keep bending over to the Natives forever. Pretty soon its time to assimilate into American culture just like every other race which as immigrated into America has done.
"native" would mean they were here and didn't immigrate.

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Same thing in the South end as well. Are there any off-limit areas for tribal crabbing? Are there any maps or other info out on the old inter-web that shows tribal crabbing boundries or is it an absolute free-for-all? It would be interesting to see.

Down here it is definetly getting worse each year. If they could only restrict it for a few months before the opener that would help tremendously. The carpet bombing a month straight right before the opener is getting FUCKING OLD..

Be safe all....Swanny

dstinger

Feb 18, 2009
San Diego, Ca and Sequim, WA. USA.
Name
Glenn with gas money for albie trips off La Push
Boat
Kayaks, sailboards, rowboats and driftboats
I have been leaving my pots to soak longer and for me that has been the ticket. Longer soaks are somewhat necessary when the big winds pick up as I don't want to go out and get hammered just to pull my pots.

Currently my pots are in an area that typically isn't a super hot spot, but since its open 7 days a week, I just take my time and check every few days in between weather systems.
I row out, so have to wait between the storms too... Long sets 1-3 days work well for me..at least overnight.. I live in Crab heaven though..
The Injuns can't come inside the bay.. Leaves lots of crabs for us "Honky's" or whatever our classification is..LOL

JohnVH

Johnny 5 is Alive!!
Mar 17, 2011
Lynden, WA
Name
John
Boat
20' of Baylitter
[video=youtube;9pM1ApaIIw8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pM1ApaIIw8[/video]