Snagster

Almost A Member
Jul 27, 2011
Los Angeles CA USA
Name
Bret
Boat
12' Gamefisher
Sorry to take so long to report but I hit the ground running when I got home and I'm just
coming up for air.

We fished with the Prietos, Joel Jr on 7/31 and Joel Sr on 8/1. I can't say enough about these guys.
They run a really nice operation, super friendly, and excellent fisherman. On one of the days, we took the kids and they were very helpful and patient.

We caught 5 YT the first day and 6 YT the second. Mostly in the 15 to 20 lb range with a couple pushing
25 lbs. It was hot on the water 95* to 100*. We had an excellent time and I look forward to fishing with the Prietos again.

1 Me and my son with a nice YT.

2 Both Sr and Jr were experts with the fillet knife. They took their time and wasted nothing, they were even happy to dress out the collars for me. (I can't believe people throw these out)

3 Joel Sr.'s very spacious 25' Super Panga with comfortable seating for when you are making a run.

4 Dead fish. Joel Sr took us to a few of his "secret spots" which was nice, At one point I counted 22 boats on the Guadelupe Reef. A little crowded for my liking.

5 His secret spot yielded and nice Sheephead and a 25 lb YT caught on cut bait.

6 Another nice YT

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg
IMG_4080.jpg
Photo Aug 01, 1 11 41 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 01, 1 12 08 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 31, 8 48 35 AM.jpg

mafrancis66

Apr 19, 2010
Oceanside, CA, USA
Name
Mark Franics
Boat
Sold it!
Joel and Joelito are the the only operation I charter when I am at the bay. 2 years ago, Joel Sr, put me on my personal best 50# yellowtail. They always work hard, are great fisherman and just a lot of fun to fish with.