Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
Sep 8, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Mike
Boat
18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande "Only Big Ones"
Took the old man and my sister out to the islands today. Seas so flat we could have water skied the whole way down. Awesome.

IMG_6024.jpg

Islands were dead. Hit Pukey (only seals), flats north of middle grounds (mackerel and cuda only), Middle Grounds ridge (nothin), Ribbon Kelp (nothin), Lighthouse (fat calico sitting right on the boiler rock), SKR (nothin), and just south of the pens in close for a few cuda. Ate lunch at Lobster Shack and poked out offshore to try and find a paddy. Basically an arid wasteland all the way to the 302/226 and back. Decided to see if there was an afternoon bite going so we came back to Middle Grounds and the old man promptly hooks up at bird shit rock on the bass gear in super shallow water. Awesome fight on the light tackle and he was stoked to get one. Next drift my sister hooks up and gets hers too, bigger than the old man's to boot. This was about 4 PM. He was so jazzed he even drove home and I got to sit shotgun and relax for once - score!

IMG_6724.JPEG
IMG_6744.JPEG
IMG_6717.JPEG
Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.33.56 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.34.25 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.35.04 PM.jpg

Dad was thrilled, 2/2 on yellows, sister filleted all the fish, my 4 year old unloaded the boat, wife had fresh hot homemade peanut butter cookies waiting in the driveway - life is good!

Last edited:

Cbaldwin

A whales vagina
Jul 14, 2016
La Mesa
Name
Connor Baldwin
Boat
yes
I have a sweet tooth so the cookies sounded epic hah. Good job way to get them on fish. Looks really calm out there. How was h2o temp, going out next week.

Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
Sep 8, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Mike
Boat
18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande "Only Big Ones"
I have a sweet tooth so the cookies sounded epic hah. Good job way to get them on fish. Looks really calm out there. How was h2o temp, going out next week.
66 at north island in the morning
61 at south island
67 at middle grounds end of the day

I did see one fish caught at lighthouse in 61 water so go figure.

Reactions: Cbaldwin

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Looks a great day with the kids! Glad you were able to add some fish in the box. Thanks for sharing.

Tom123

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 31, 2020
LA
Name
Tom Furukawa
Boat
None
Good job gettin them some nice tails. Especially Pops with the bass gear.

That last pic is awesome!

Wait??? No cookie pics?

splashy77

Apr 3, 2007
Lane Vicky
Name
Daniel
Boat
Hasbro's Timon and Pumba pool floatie
Killer trip man👍👍👍. Why is your sister such a badass? Life is good indeed sir.

Reactions: Otto

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
I was thinking HOT ! Could be badass