Been a good first season so far

Discussion in 'Washington Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by xxlx7, Mar 7, 2018.

1. xxlx7

xxlx7 Newbie

Name:
    Kyle
    Boat:
    21' Thunderjet OS
    corkplug.jpg jadaking.jpg kyleking2.jpg kyleking.jpg ryanking.jpg xavierblackmouth.jpg xavierjustlegalfish.jpg kidssleepboat.jpg COLTON.jpg Well, we got the new boat in July and put a lot of blood in the boat. From fish, to foul we have had a great first season. Hardest thing for me is figuring out the HDS9, and getting the structure scan working, since it hasn't worked since I bought the boat. The last few trips out have been producing a lot of shorts, a few legal, and a few nice fish shook at the boat. I guess I need to put my downriggers to work more, I try to fish 30' or less, and I have found my favorite gear is this crazy plug! Keep wackin and stackin boys!

2. yo-mama

yo-mama Member

Name:
    ja
    Boat:
    magic
  3. Swede

Swede Yachtless

Name:
    Swede
    Boat:
    Kristen Lee
    Very nice

4. Nice Job Kyle!

5. Nosecrets

Nosecrets Blackmouthers good side

Name:
    Blackmouther
    Boat:
    9' bullfrog "mr big"
    Badass, great photo spread. That plug is awesome but doesn’t act the same with single point barbless hooks.

6. Socket985

Socket985 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    21 ft ThunderJet OB/OS
    Nice, It appears I have the same-similar boat, & I did not understand why or how well it would work putting the down riggers on those back plates. It seems they would be out of reach?

I was thinking that it would be easier to weld plates on the rail, so your close to them. Something similar to the NR. Does it work well, pros & cons with that setup is appreciated.

7. fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jason
    Boat:
    28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
    Nice looking fish.... maybe I’m not seeing it straight but doesn’t that one have an extra fin?

8. xxlx7

xxlx7 Newbie

Name:
    Kyle
    Boat:
    21' Thunderjet OS
    The pictures all range in dates from July to January, so nope no extra fins. Yea, with single size triple zero circle hooks, the plug has a real big wobble!
    As far as the boats rigger mounts, at first I was really skeptical about where they are, but it isn't bad, guess you just get used to it. Only thing I don't like about them is I think they should have beefed them up more, and since the boats aluminum, you always have to check your nuts, and not just the important ones, because they sure do rattle loose from the hulls vibrations.

9. EJ Swanny

EJ Swanny I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Truer words never spoken.....seriously though, great job, and I think you have a fishing partner for life. Way to get after it....nice pics.........

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018