Bed Extender for hauling kayak in your truck bed.

spize909

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat Name
no
Sorry, I know this should probably be in the classifieds somewhere but wasn't sure where to stick it so I knew it would hit the right crowd here.
I was gifted a 2 person kayak a few years back and didn't have a great way to haul it so I used a couple parts I came across and welded up a bed extender rack. It allowed me to haul a 14' kayak in a 6'-6" truck bed very easily. 2' extension and about a 3' rise from the hitch.
Trades, cash, etc. I could use a nice dart (quality bristle) board, fishing stuff, $50..........

Kayak6.jpg

Reactions: pacificscout
Upvote 0

spize909

Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat Name
no
Nicely made
LOL, thanks. The bottom/hitch tube came from a hitch cargo carrier that I only used the box part that was on it for my buggy trailer tongue for fuel and the top is part of a T-stand that is used to support heavy drywall loads in new home construction.
Would work great for ladders or lumber too. I wouldn't trust a too much weight on it though.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat Name
One that floats
LOL, thanks. The bottom/hitch tube came from a hitch cargo carrier that I only used the box part that was on it for my buggy trailer tongue for fuel and the top is part of a T-stand that is used to support heavy drywall loads in new home construction.
Would work great for ladders or lumber too. I wouldn't trust a too much weight on it though.
back in the day I did see A lot of them , when they would stack Drywall
on A wood floor on upper Floors, they would but them up so the lower ceiling didn't sag .

Upvote 0

spize909

Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat Name
no
back in the day I did see A lot of them , when they would stack Drywall
on A wood floor on upper Floors, they would but them up so the lower ceiling didn't sag .
They're still on every job. Typically not installed correctly. Mostly because they stack the drywall well above what has been found to be an allowable load on a TJI joist.

Reactions: jer dog
Upvote 0