I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 15, 2003
Cerritos
Visit site
Name
Lal Parsonge
Boat
18ft Pacific Inflat. Tailman
Took Mark out today , started at the shoe for 8 bass and no signs of tails. Water was 64.2 and pretty clean. Ran up to Rocky Pt looking for yellows along with 4 other private boats but no love that we could see. Picked at the bass and tried some deeper water for rockfish but nobody home . Water was 63.5 and green at PV. The wind picked up at 11;00 so headed back down the line stopping on stones along the way for a few bass and a BSB about 6 lbs-released clean in 65 ft of water. Back down to the shoe and slow trolled macks for5 miles. Got one very large Bonito-7-8 lbs but no sign of any Tails. No party boats in the area-green bouy . Nice day on the water-not much wind !! back at Davies at 2;15 , boat cleaned at 300ish.

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
I saw you up at PV near Malaga Cove. You were fishing the structure on the lobster pots when we pulled in. I was in a Cabo 216. We poked around for a very slow bite without any current and seen no signs of any YT. At least it was a beautiful day.

Reactions: Donkey Nick

sealawyer17

Feb 22, 2009
Carlsbad, CA
Name
M
Boat
Whaler
Took Mark out today , started at the shoe for 8 bass and no signs of tails. Water was 64.2 and pretty clean. Ran up to Rocky Pt looking for yellows along with 4 other private boats but no love that we could see. Picked at the bass and tried some deeper water for rockfish but nobody home . Water was 63.5 and green at PV. The wind picked up at 11;00 so headed back down the line stopping on stones along the way for a few bass and a BSB about 6 lbs-released clean in 65 ft of water. Back down to the shoe and slow trolled macks for5 miles. Got one very large Bonito-7-8 lbs but no sign of any Tails. No party boats in the area-green bouy . Nice day on the water-not much wind !! back at Davies at 2;15 , boat cleaned at 300ish.
Thanks for the report. We were heading out of Davie’s this a.m. but discovered a leaking fuel line right as we launched. Beautiful morning, glad you got to enjoy the day on the water!

Donkey Nick

Jul 16, 2012
Hollywood, CA, USA
Name
Nick Shamrock
Boat
Shamrock 246 Walkaround
Thanks for the report. Wow...water at RP was 66.4 last Friday...

r8rs4lf

Jun 17, 2017
Tree Juan ho
Name
Al
Boat
Salty AF
Thanks for the report.

Seems the bite has once again slowed down after a couple days of craziness.

Mikefromlb

Aug 14, 2014
LB Shoreline Marina
Name
Mike T
Boat
"Cali Dreamin" 33' Tiara Open
Passed by you at Green Buoy yesterday. Confirm beautiful day. Opted to use lures and fresh dead squid. Caught a nice size Goat on first drop. Macs were a hassle. Pulled in about a dozen smaller whitefish; all released. Lots of jumping bait out there is the early morning. No hits on any surface fish using lures and iron. Current died about 11:00am and slight wind at Noon time. Stayed at it till 1:00pm. Back in Shoreline by 1:45pm for boat cleanup. Fantastic day on our local waters!

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
www.oldspoolfishingcharters.com
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Been out fishing local a bit. Confirm water temp dropped to 64 off HB/Newport as well. The pipe is still going full speed on 13.5 inch calicos. There are bones on the pipe too that I am not hearing much reported on. Last three times there we have had bones swim by every 30 minutes or so and eat our sardines. This has been the go-to spot when conditions have not been ideal. Still a lot of cuda around too off Crystal Cove if you know where to look.