2NA SLAYER
May 22, 2003
San Fernando Valley
www.sport-fish-info.com
Name
Mitch
Boat
17 ft Bayrunner - FISHRDI
I fished with Sergio and the Angler Chronicles crew on a 1.5 day. Fishing was slow till the afternoon, then the BFT started to show themselves. Our first few stops were on the 30lb class fish where I was lucky to land one on 20lb test and a #2 hook.
Then things got interesting as the Kite started to get blown up on. We ended up getting 4 big boys on the kite, but time eventually was wearing out and before we knew it we are eating dinner on our last drift of the trip. Since I missed 1st dinner seating, my buddy Oren, myself and a few others tried for one last bite.
Just about 9:30pm and there's only 1 other person fishing as the song "All I need is a Miracle" comes on and I get bit on a sinker rig down about 200 feet on a sardine. I settled in with my new Fathom 40 with 60lb floro top shot rig my buddy Oren got me for this trip as a birthday present and proceed to put the wood to this BFT. With a big thud I am finally in the 100+ lb BFT club. What an awesome experience, and the lesson to not give up till is over!
Thanks to Rick and the Double O crew, Sergio and the gang for a trip of a lifetime!

20200709_214034~2.jpg

20200709_075949.jpg

20200709_214707_HDR.jpg

woodfish330

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
I too brother have been "first in and last out"... for decades. You know guys were probably mulling around.... they Already quit, saying...."just give it up bro"..... and look who laughed last.... YOU!! LOL...

Great wrote up..... picts say it all!! Congrats.... never quit!!!!

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Well done and congrats. Got it done with persitance with good odds of earning a bite. From lack of others fishing

The boat is a giant FAD buffet. BFT do let thier guard up. If there is a BFT within a mile of the boat it's worth fishing from the spool

A hooked fish is a fish attracting magnet

Nothing is sweeter then a bite from fishing the spool. More rewarding then a kite fish

Like a paddle wave is more rewarding then a tow wave

ARTURO

Mar 6, 2006
Downey, CA / Punta Chivato
Name
Arturo
Boat
22ft.Striper
Nice fish bro ! And as they say, if the fat lady isn’t singing there’s still a chance .
I won’t be the first guy to put my rod and reel down from here on out, thanks for the write up.

AndyJ

Undocumented "Member"
May 8, 2008
Dana Point CA
Name
Andy Jakubas
Boat
1984 Cobalt DV 18.5
Looks like you caught the gate lady while she was singing. Nice last minute fish. Did you wind up getting any dinner?

Reactions: FISHRDI

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
Persistence pays off , nice work !!
My buddies are on that boat right now on a 2 day trip

Tom123

Jan 31, 2020
LA
Name
Tom Furukawa
Boat
None
Way to stick it out. Nice birthday present. Congrats!

Hunter gatherer

Fir Na Tine
Jul 25, 2015
Northern California
Name
Jeff
Boat
Grady White Seafarer 228G
Congratulations! excellent show of patience. Seems like a lot of these bigger fish are coming later in the day and rewarding those that stick it out.

998R

May 22, 2008
san diego
Name
M
Boat
Blue Monkey, BM2
I fished with Sergio and the Angler Chronicles crew on a 1.5 day. Fishing was slow till the afternoon, then the BFT started to show themselves. Our first few stops were on the 30lb class fish where I was lucky to land one on 20lb test and a #2 hook.
Then things got interesting as the Kite started to get blown up on. We ended up getting 4 big boys on the kite, but time eventually was wearing out and before we knew it we are eating dinner on our last drift of the trip. Since I missed 1st dinner seating, my buddy Oren, myself and a few others tried for one last bite.
Just about 9:30pm and there's only 1 other person fishing as the song "All I need is a Miracle" comes on and I get bit on a sinker rig down about 200 feet on a sardine. I settled in with my new Fathom 40 with 60lb floro top shot rig my buddy Oren got me for this trip as a birthday present and proceed to put the wood to this BFT. With a big thud I am finally in the 100+ lb BFT club. What an awesome experience, and the lesson to not give up till is over!
Thanks to Rick and the Double O crew, Sergio and the gang for a trip of a lifetime!

View attachment 1170310

View attachment 1170312

View attachment 1170313
Hey dude! Congratulations!! I was in front of line with you at anglers choice.Awesome that you got one on that new reel!