JTrelikes

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 3, 2006
    Lakeside, CA
    Name
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28
    Put together this blank I've had for awhile. This is a Phenix Black Diamond Hybrid PHD 929 X2H, 9'2" rated 40-100lb. Has Batson / Alps HXN guides.

IMG_7201.JPG
    IMG_7204.JPG
    IMG_7206.JPG
    IMG_7213.JPG
    IMG_7209.JPG
    IMG_7211.JPG
    IMG_7207.JPG
    IMG_7215.JPG
    IMG_7220.JPG
    IMG_7225.JPG

Upvote 0

paradoxjim

Almost A Member
    Nov 11, 2010
    Wakefield/RI
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Jakary
    That tiger is off the hook. I am finally figuring out how to get away from the stripes to more interesting patterns, but nothing close to your work yet. Maybe in another 25 years! That mylar tape under the guides gives a pretty cool effect.

Reactions: JTrelikes
    Upvote 0

JTrelikes

• Oct 3, 2006
    Lakeside, CA
    Name
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28
    That tiger is off the hook. I am finally figuring out how to get away from the stripes to more interesting patterns, but nothing close to your work yet. Maybe in another 25 years! That mylar tape under the guides gives a pretty cool effect.

Thanks........this is basically the method Doc shows on his YouTube video, so if you haven't looked that one up, do yourself a favor. Burnishing both bottom and top.

There's no mylar under the guides, that's actually the texture of the bare blank showing through. Very cool looking green hybrid..........very unique blank.

Upvote 0

blurryfish

Dec 6, 2010
    TUSTIN/CA/USA
    Name
    EKO
    Boat
    I wish................
    WoW amazing craftsmanship their. I built the same Phenix blank but mine is no where nears as clean as yours. Q:Did you print the label/stickers yourself?

Upvote 0

JTrelikes

• Oct 3, 2006
    Lakeside, CA
    Name
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28
    WoW amazing craftsmanship their. I built the same Phenix blank but mine is no where nears as clean as yours. Q:Did you print the label/stickers yourself?

The gold on clear one is mine, but the Phenix label is from the factory.

Upvote 0