thesaltyhooker

Almost A Member
Oct 25, 2018
Renton
Name
Anders
Boat
North River Seahawk
Picking up a bean bag chair, reviews of the west marine ones suck and say they break down super quick. what's everyone running that they've been happy with that's held up decently.
thanks

Upvote 0

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
I have an ocean tamer. It's been decent but got a tear at a seam a few years ago. I called for warranty and they wanted me to remove all the beads before shipping it to them. I ended up just sewing it up myself... No fucking way I was gonna try to dump all of the little white beads out of that fucker into a garbage bag.
West marine has pretty much the same warranty and from what I can tell, real similar quality... difference is you can take a bad one to the local store and let them deal with shipping...
My 2 cents.

Reactions: Baby J
Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Ocean tamer. Mine started tearing after 10 years... talked to Frank and he sent me 2 skins for the price of 1. No way I can complain about that. If you want a cool factor, send a pdf or ask for your boat logo to be added.

Upvote 0

Fish_kid

The Right Angler
Aug 23, 2010
Kirkland/WA
Name
Tom
Boat
Parker 2120 "F-14"
Ocean Tamer - somebody did a BD group buy a few years ago...

20180221_163519.jpg

Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Just ordered a replacement lost last year off of Westport, WA, CG found it next to a deployed 4 man life raft off of Depoe Bay, OR. Found me by the boat Name on the cover. Ocean Tamer. Frank found my old Group Buy order. We got 15 or so bags on that order. Filled my truck up it did. Also saved so on the frieght by having them shipped to a business instead of to my home.

My two are stored in my cabin. Still look good. White and light grey. Great to ride out and in. Crew argue over who gets one. Three fit on the back deck at the door under the overhang.

Reactions: Gooch Larue
    Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Medium, long neck, teardrop. Just medium doesn’t give nearly the same back/neck support.

That’s a screaming deal on Craigslist, but I’d pass.

Upvote 0

punted coho

Jan 29, 2013
    buckley wa
    Name
    josh
    Boat
    Yes
    I have a west marine one that does the job just fine. The ocean tamers are definitely nicer though.

Upvote 0