PNWMatt2016

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 12, 2016
Bothell
Name
Matt Frazier
Boat
Need One!
Friend just posted this on Facebook. They were driving down the Grayland Mini Mart Beach Approach for the AM clam tide and saw this boat "beached". They said there was a lot of beer onboard, but no people. Not sure if this boat was fishing Willapa area or out of WP. Do you guys recognize this boat?
1600281738698.png

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
Looks like the net is bent too

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
So, any more details? Everyone actually safe? If is was remotely near the surf zone and lost power, I’m pretty sure I’d toss my anchor out to prevent something worse from happening...

fishing fanatic

May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
What gen glasply are you seeing in that? Or are there more photos I haven’t seen?

YellowJet

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 7, 2018
Oak Harbor
Name
Tim
Boat
19’ Thunderjet
Friend just posted this on Facebook. They were driving down the Grayland Mini Mart Beach Approach for the AM clam tide and saw this boat "beached". They said there was a lot of beer onboard, but no people. Not sure if this boat was fishing Willapa area or out of WP. Do you guys recognize this boat?View attachment 1200439
At first glance thought it was these guys again. Sept 1st in 8-1.
F19F4683-FA4E-437B-A68F-BE8F49D33FA8.jpeg

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
At first glance thought it was these guys again. Sept 1st in 8-1. View attachment 1202163
I saw this as I was working on deception pass bridge. I was trying to figure out what happened down there. Figured they lost power and had to tow the boat to the beach with their inflatable 🙄. Either that or they found a good campsite near the beach and was easier to unload all their gear there and pack it in🤔

YellowJet

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 7, 2018
Oak Harbor
Name
Tim
Boat
19’ Thunderjet
I saw this as I was working on deception pass bridge. I was trying to figure out what happened down there. Figured they lost power and had to tow the boat to the beach with their inflatable 🙄. Either that or they found a good campsite near the beach and was easier to unload all their gear there and pack it in🤔
I stopped to offer assistance, a tow. They thought for a second then said they were too beached and would wait for the tide to come back in. I did not get the impression it was purposeful nor engine related. I did stop short of asking how the heck did y’all do that?

Was out again this morning in A6, no takers. Looks like the season Coho count will remain at 2. Both fun fish on light tackle around the corner.

What are y’all doing under the bridge? Haven’t been able to get a definitive answer and you seem like the right guy to ask. Thanks

Ugly Bayliner

Sep 18, 2008
Olympia, Wa USA
Name
Steve Ericsson
Boat
20' Ugly Bayliner
So, any more details? Everyone actually safe? If is was remotely near the surf zone and lost power, I’m pretty sure I’d toss my anchor out to prevent something worse from happening...
Saw on Facebook all made it to shore safely, all wearing PFDs. Last I saw it was recovered and on the trailer headed home.

Reactions: YellowJet

slab tech 1

Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
I stopped to offer assistance, a tow. They thought for a second then said they were too beached and would wait for the tide to come back in. I did not get the impression it was purposeful nor engine related. I did stop short of asking how the heck did y’all do that?

Was out again this morning in A6, no takers. Looks like the season Coho count will remain at 2. Both fun fish on light tackle around the corner.

What are y’all doing under the bridge? Haven’t been able to get a definitive answer and you seem like the right guy to ask. Thanks
She’s getting a new paint job and some structural steel repairs. I’m the project inspector on the job. Thankful I’m not the sand blaster as it’s a dirty job and hot as hell in there. The contractor has been struggling for two years with this contract and just started deception pass bridge....so I may be here for 4 years at this rate.....

Last edited:

FHisherman

Aug 15, 2011
Anacortes, WA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Parker
I had good friends in high school that painted bridges after we graduated for a living. Good money, but holy shit better not have a fear of heights like I do. Couldn't hang me off Deception Pass bridge (which is what they did, sand blasted and painted it early 90's, Tri S out of Yakima) on a scaffold or harness with a gun to my head. They might think being way out on the ocean is scary though...so we all have our stuff we don't dig.

Reactions: slab tech 1

YellowJet

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 7, 2018
Oak Harbor
Name
Tim
Boat
19’ Thunderjet
She’s getting a new paint job and some structural steel repairs. I’m the project inspector on the job. Thankful I’m not the sand blaster as it’s a dirty job and hot as hell in there. The contractor has been struggling for two years with this contract and just started deception pass bridge....so I may be here for 4 years at this rate.....
Heck if you’re still there next year look me up. Find a convenient ebb for your schedule, meet at Cornett, and we’ll take a simple 2hrs to humpy or coho fish if they open 8-1. ✌

Reactions: slab tech 1

slab tech 1

Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Heck if you’re still there next year look me up. Find a convenient ebb for your schedule, meet at Cornett, and we’ll take a simple 2hrs to humpy or coho fish if they open 8-1. ✌
I have thought about bringing my boat down and keeping it on the dock in Coronet Bay for a week or something and run out before or after they request an inspection. I typically have up to 6 hours between inspections and some days no inspections at all. I worked on this bridge about 15 years ago and would go down to the beach at lunchtime on low tide and catch a few humpys and release them. The reactions I got from all the guys fishing down there all morning and not catching anything was awesome after releasing them. They were pissed off and ask “how you come down and catch 5 fish and let go!” I be here all day and catch nothing and you catch 5 and let go!” 😂