Be-300 drag

Discussion in 'Accurate Fishing Reels Support Forum' started by Surfsup, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Surfsup

Surfsup Newbie

Name:
    Jeff johnson
    Boat:
    22' Panga
    I have a BV-300 that is 6months old the last time I took it out if I increase the drag the resistance in the retrieve increased any thoughts.? Sticky drag plates? I always rinse after use lock the drag down and flush.

Jeff

2. AKSalmon

AKSalmon I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill Brown
    Boat:
    Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
    Sounds like the pinion bearing is bad. This can occur if you push the drag too high or if some salt has gotten to it.

3. PezGallo21

PezGallo21 Social Media and Customer Service Advertiser

Name:
    Will @ Accurate Fishing Products
    Boat:
    Golden Domer 21' Angler
    Hi Jeff,

It sounds like you may have an issue with salt. If you are mechanically incline/willing to take the reel apart, give us a call and we can walk you through cleaning out any salt that could be causing your resistance, and if needed, change the bearing. However, if you prefer to send it to us, that is an option as well. If the reel is registered, you qualify for our 2 years of free service so go ahead and fill out this form and send it in!

https://www.accuratefishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/service-form.pdf

And if you have not registered the reel yet, you can do that here: https://www.accuratefishing.com/registration/

Thanks for fishing Accurate!

4. Surfsup

Surfsup Newbie

Name:
    Jeff johnson
    Boat:
    22' Panga
    I did register it but have got a confirming email. I will send it off today! Thanks for the reply

PezGallo21 likes this.