BdeLA 10-24

1 Ola Mas

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 24, 2010
Looking at the Coronados from the patio...
Name
WoodEye
Boat
15' Gregor 25hp Mariner
Fished with Enrique Daggett last Friday. We made 40ish macks in DJC and then ran north for an hour or so. First drop BAM! 34pound YT in 180 feet. That fucker put a hurting on me. Next fish BAM! 29pounder my wife caught. We got 3 more in the 12-20 pound range for a total of 5. The moon was coming full so the current was insane with 24oz of weight and 10 minute drifts, then run back to the spot, drop, drift, run, repeat for 4 hours.

We tried a couple more spots north of Smith on the way in trying to use the last baits for nada, which was good cuz I was beat-forearms cramping like a MOFO. After a quick swim in 200 feet of water to cool off we were fileting and feeding scraps to the gulls before heading in.

Also got some clams, calicos and a few waves on the other side. All in all it was a pretty damn good 9 days.

DSCN4342.JPG

DSCN4345.JPG

DSCN4403.JPG

DSCN4418.JPG

Upvote 0

racer66

Sep 30, 2009
Ramona CA
Name
John
Boat
Sea Fox 206 commander
Glad to hear the fish are still there. Had some know it all friends go out on their own boat this past Friday as well and got skunked!

Upvote 0

BloodyL

Throwing everything I got
Jan 4, 2009
Placentia
Name
Mick
Boat
The Beach
I always enjoy fishing with Enrique.

Upvote 0

1steveT

Nov 22, 2010
Carp, CA, USA
Name
Steve T.
Boat
soon2B
Caught your report over on BN Woody, I always envy your trips and reports (I'm just a lurker) It's been years since visiting Baja via the road but I've spent many many weeks down there mostly surfing but also fished and I really miss it.
Good job on the yellows!
Keep it up!

Reactions: 1 Ola Mas
Upvote 0

CPV

• Apr 29, 2009
    Canyon Lake, CA
    Name
    James
    Boat
    25' Sportcraft
    Great report! I seriously love that place. You said you made bait in DJC? What/where is that?? Last time we were in bola in July and made 1 mac for 4 days of work..

Upvote 0