I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
www.skipjackyachts.com
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
I noticed that when a window set comes in even from such a high quality manufacture, Nick takes them completely apart and rebuilds them.
I asked him why and he explained that after about ten years some front windows start to leak. He makes them so they should never leak.
Would you guys be interested in a Youtube video on how to rebuild your windows if we made one?

SkipJack Boats

Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
www.skipjackyachts.com
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
I would like to set up an owners association but I want it ran by owners and we would like to help out.
Anybody interested in helping?
I could come down the hill to meet with you guys.
BigMike

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
I would like to set up an owners association but I want it ran by owners and we would like to help out.
Anybody interested in helping?
I could come down the hill to meet with you guys.
BigMike
How about just updating your Facebook page...

Kyle.ke

Jul 5, 2019
Name
Kyle13
Boat
Skipjack Open20
1969 Skipjack open 20
350 chevy motor
Omc outdrive
Tuna tower

I Just need to find a new Propeller to replace the once somebody stole, if anybody has info on where to find 1

16053833283393086090633921456798.jpg

Reactions: SkipJack Boats

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
1969 Skipjack open 20
350 chevy motor
Omc outdrive
Tuna tower

I Just need to find a new Propeller to replace the once somebody stole, if anybody has info on where to find 1

View attachment 1224347
I have one you can have. It probably won’t fit, but you could possibly use it for trade at a prop shop

SkipJack Boats

Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
www.skipjackyachts.com
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
How about just updating your Facebook page...
I may have to set up a new one.. The sales effort here was pretty poor for several years. Nobody knows the password.
Many people thought we were out of business.
Going strong now!
BigMike

tbev

Dec 21, 2017
SoCal
Name
tom
Boat
Skipjack 24
After another year of working on the boat I got it finished just in time for one of the last weeks of the year. Made it half way to Silverwood lake for a shakedown run and some old blind lady ran a stop sign and drove right into me.. Trailer is hammered.

I'm working on a group buy on new aluminum trailers with torsion axels, disc brakes, etc. Really nice trailers for about half of what you would pay locally, but if your in the market for a trailer shoot me a PM..

PS, make sure your boat is covered while it's being towed, my auto insurance is saying mine was not.

20201112_163650.jpg

20201112_151618.jpg

20201112_161056.jpg

20201116_130145.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Arima-bob

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Well the old lady that did the damage should be. Sure sucks though just after you got it finished.

#WHERESTHEKELPPADDY

Jan 3, 2017
COSTA MESA
Name
Tee-Oh-Double-Dee
Boat
Small raft
Looking for suggestions for new trailer for my 26 skippy.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Pacific Trailer galvanized or West Coast trailers aluminum? 12k or 15k rated? Triple or tandem axel?

I’ve read some poor reviews about pacific trailers that were reference a couple years bag.

Thanks in advance for your Feedback.

TJ

javierlopez123

Sep 21, 2019
Pomona
Name
Javier
Boat
Skippy 24 Fly
Looking for suggestions for new trailer for my 26 skippy.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Pacific Trailer galvanized or West Coast trailers aluminum? 12k or 15k rated? Triple or tandem axel?

I’ve read some poor reviews about pacific trailers that were reference a couple years bag.

Thanks in advance for your Feedback.

TJ
Pacific gave me an amazing deal!

javierlopez123

Sep 21, 2019
Pomona
Name
Javier
Boat
Skippy 24 Fly
which size trailer did you go with? Do you have a 24ft flybridge?
I’m not sure of the rating but I have the 8 lug wheels two axles. They gave me a awesome deal on a used frame which looked brand new to me. I’m very happy with it. My old trailer was pretty beat up and was not really meant for my boat. So they offered me a great deal to go that route.

0B1404D3-3167-45C5-A671-FE2E6C12A788.jpeg

9E4283D5-8B80-4776-9D3B-713F55CCC465.jpeg

SkipJack Boats

Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
www.skipjackyachts.com
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
I have a customer with a 28 FB who could use some help. He called and asked if we had the schematic for a 28.
The problem for us is we only have (volumes) for 262, 300 and the 380. Boats we built.
Between us and Jack Cole was another company and when we became Skipjack we were never given anything on especially the older models.
If you have a copy of a wiring schematic for a 28 that we could get a photo of that would help.
Any info on the older models and any model would help because I would like to start a file that could be helpful to any Skipjack owner.

Thanks for any help.
BigMike

Windy Bay

Aug 2, 2008
Elkton, OR
Name
Larry
Boat
Skipjack 240, Skipjack Sports Cruiser under construction
When I re-wired my 81 24 open I found that Skipjack had used the standard marine wiring color code. This makes it pretty easy to follow the wiring. As an example Red is Positive, Black is ground, Light Blue is oil pressure, Yellow with red stripe is the starting circuit. Attached is the color code
Marine-Wire-Tech-Spec-2.jpg

SkipJack Boats

Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
www.skipjackyachts.com
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
When I re-wired my 81 24 open I found that Skipjack had used the standard marine wiring color code. This makes it pretty easy to follow the wiring. As an example Red is Positive, Black is ground, Light Blue is oil pressure, Yellow with red stripe is the starting circuit. Attached is the color codeView attachment 1230414
Great! I don't know if some of the boats were wired or rewired with some of the wires I've seen. We use the AYBC Standards but two 24fb I've worked on were gray and black spaghetti with a little red mixed in.

These boats were all before us building them. We have a crazy amount of documentation on 262's, 300s and the 380.

Both boats were at my house because friends were restoring them. The electrical part of the restoration stalled both boats and I had to ask them to take them away because they were just sitting there. Although one guy took the bridge off and we all freeked out on what to do. I wish I knew then what I know now.

Thanks for your help. I also could use some brochures from some of the older models. We would like to be more helpful to all Skipjack owners. I could use photocopies of them. We have many brochures so if anyone could use the help I will send you copies of the brochure I already have.
I get asked dry weight a lot for trailer selection and stuff like that.

Have a great day!
BigMike