Skipjack
Reactions: SkipJack Boats
Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
IMO late September or early October are the best boating months, crowds are down and fishing is still good. Could give everyone some notice as well, someone needs to just pick a date. Somewhere in Catalina is my vote for location, doesn't matter where. Allot of talk, lets make this happen! Jack Coles boat out was the ;last time Ive seen a bunch of Skippies get together. Lets do this!
I like that timeframe
IMO late September or early October are the best boating months, crowds are down and fishing is still good. Could give everyone some notice as well, someone needs to just pick a date. Somewhere in Catalina is my vote for location, doesn't matter where. Allot of talk, lets make this happen! Jack Coles boat out was the ;last time Ive seen a bunch of Skippies get together. Lets do this!
I like that time frame. Maybe Cat Harbor?

greenie

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 1, 2003
Orange
Name
Greg
Boat
35 Skipjack Flybridge
Wow that is a rad one! Love to see that thing, I’ve been on a couple 35’s at Newport boat show, couldn’t believe the room. What’s the power plant?
Thanks Noah, it may have been the same one you saw at the show. She's powered with Cummins 6BTAs.

FULLY LOADED

Long time member
Aug 10, 2005
VISTA CA
www.LongerShelfLife.com
Name
MARK aka "Mako"
Boat
Skipjack 262 Diesel "One Eyed Jack"
We would be interested in a Catalina Skipjack fishing tourny or meet up.. Our dock in Oceanside has about 8 or 10 boats,( 2 skipjacks, ) going to Avalon the week after Labor day, that would be a good day ..I will already be there.. BTW Our boat is the One Eyed Jack.. I have seen a few Jack related boat names.. I saw Gentleman Jack ..was that a 30? We made a custom logo for the transom and for swag... shirts hats etc...Who else;s boat is Jacked up>?
IMG_5172.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
Here's mine. 1998 262 flybridge. Volvo KAD43. Furuno Radar and FF. Simrad GPS.
65 gallon bait tank...
Great boat. Would you mind if I came by to take some measurement's of you stainless rails sometime. I'm trying to make a standard drawing of the rails so we can make with consistency.
the companies that make them for us vary somewhat. There would be lunch in it for you.
BigMike

2na

Aug 13, 2004
Orange County
Name
2na
Boat
--
Great boat. Would you mind if I came by to take some measurement's of you stainless rails sometime. I'm trying to make a standard drawing of the rails so we can make with consistency.
the companies that make them for us vary somewhat. There would be lunch in it for you.
BigMike
sorry, I sold the skippy many years ago...

MobilHomey

Nov 22, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
24' Skipjack Open
lets get this going! I know the last one fell threw but even if only a few of us show up it’ll just grow every year!
Yeah... that was me that attempted to organize the float at the Isthmus. Had it set up pretty good, was even going to make shirts, etc.. Just hard to heard the cats at the time. I'm down and have cycles if anyone wants to attempt to spark it up again.

Reactions: Arima-bob
Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
I spoke with Nick Adams today about activities for Skipjack owners like tournaments for Skipjack only and meets at the islands.
We will start to get something going for next year. It would be great to get an owners committee together to help get you what and when you decide.
Contact me with ideas and of course volunteer for a skipjack association.

Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
I've been reading some of the threads about our competitors and see some incorrect facts being given. On our new boats that use no wood in the hulls we won't get water damage during the lifetime of the hull.
Because we don't use wood or structural foam in the stringers and in fact we use sealed carbon fiber that is then laminated into the hull structure and is very thick.
The transom uses no wood also and because of the initial thickness can never be intruded with moisture. If it did it wouldn't matter because of our materials and layup schedule.
We ride into the head seas with ease because of the massive weight of our hulls but still get very economical performance from our diesel engines.
At trolling speed we can go to Hawaii with our 160 gallon tank on some versions.
Best of all when your friends use your enclosed head they can't pee on your mattress!

Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
Just to let you guys know, I have the original flyers and brochures for almost every skipjack. I am going to make a data base of them and put on line.
But if you are restoring a boat let me know and I can send to you as photos right now but files soon!
BigMike

Windy Bay

Aug 2, 2008
Elkton, OR
Name
Larry
Boat
Skipjack 240, Skipjack Sports Cruiser under construction
hey bigmike. Is there any chance that skipjack might bring back some of the original Logo's that are on some of our boats? I have 3. 2 sportcruisers and a 24 open. The metal logos are shot.

Reactions: javierlopez123
Jul 8, 2020
Oak Hills, CA
Name
Michael Englebrecht
Boat
25 ft Skipjack
hey bigmike. Is there any chance that skipjack might bring back some of the original Logo's that are on some of our boats? I have 3. 2 sportcruisers and a 24 open. The metal logos are shot.
we have the polished logo that's used on many boats but not the ones that say 24 and such. Check the parts page on our website.

The new ones are SS machined plate that's been mirror polished. Call me if you need a photo.

Windy Bay

Aug 2, 2008
Elkton, OR
Name
Larry
Boat
Skipjack 240, Skipjack Sports Cruiser under construction
we have the polished logo that's used on many boats but not the ones that say 24 and such. Check the parts page on our website.

The new ones are SS machined plate that's been mirror polished. Call me if you need a photo.
That's awsome. I check the skipjack website often, and have been disappointed that the parts page had dis-appeared. Glad to see it is back

Cheech

Sep 11, 2008
Tustin, CA
Name
Jeff Cheechov
Boat
Skipjack 24FB, AD41P diesel
Uriast: You scored on that boat cover! The materials alone is more than $440.