Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Ok, trying to figure out if i want this. Im sorry Handy with any tool, has a small block chevy 350 which i know how to work on.
My only concern is the outdrive. Is there a newer outdrive that will bolt up? I'm sure I'll have to glass and recut.
Oh, it's a 1970.
Thanks guys.

View attachment 1158418

That’s a Volvo outdrive by the looks of it. If it ain’t broke, it works. Just do a service on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkipJack Boats

Windy Bay

Aug 2, 2008
Elkton, OR
Name
Larry
Boat
Skipjack 240, Skipjack Sports Cruiser under construction
Without glassing in transom, you can put in a newer outdrive. If you want alot newer you can get an adapter plate for the newer sx type drives. But volvo drives are pretty bullet proof

msaines

May 20, 2020
Newport Beach
Name
Marco
Boat
Parker 2320
Just picked up a 1980 SkipJack 25 SportCruiser. Plan on redoing pretty much everything on it!

so far in the first few days of ownership I’ve done:

Oil Change
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Distributor Cap
Fuel Filter
Gear Oil
Impeller

stripped the boat for new seats, new galley equipment including electric stove top, prepped for new sound system, and mapped out /ordered all necessary parts to add shore power with a main breaker. Just sent her off for bottom paint and some fiberglass repair this morning.

quick question: I want to put an oval 65 gallon bait tank on the deck, but it won’t fit horizontally due to the in floor boxes on either side of the deck( the tank is 38 inches wide, space between deck boxes is 36 inches damnit). Can I mount an oval bait tank vertically? Haven’t seen it done? Thx in advance

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Just picked up a 1980 SkipJack 25 SportCruiser. Plan on redoing pretty much everything on it!

so far in the first few days of ownership I’ve done:

Oil Change
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Distributor Cap
Fuel Filter
Gear Oil
Impeller

stripped the boat for new seats, new galley equipment including electric stove top, prepped for new sound system, and mapped out /ordered all necessary parts to add shore power with a main breaker. Just sent her off for bottom paint and some fiberglass repair this morning.

quick question: I want to put an oval 65 gallon bait tank on the deck, but it won’t fit horizontally due to the in floor boxes on either side of the deck( the tank is 38 inches wide, space between deck boxes is 36 inches damnit). Can I mount an oval bait tank vertically? Haven’t seen it done? Thx in advance

You can mount it fore to aft. I’ve seen it done in a few boats. In some hulls, it makes it easier to maneuver around too.

Reactions: Cheech

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
  • Jun 22, 2014
    No Grave But the Sea
    Name
    Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
    Boat
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    Boat: 1978 Skipjack 24 Flybridge, AQ260 pair with a 280 outdrive duo prop

I will kick it off by saying 26 rod holders… Typically only my buddy and myself.

Electrical:

Dual battery banks separated by a Blue Seas ACR. House bank is dual Trojan T105’s. Starting battery is a group 31 West Marine battery.

Made custom mounts out of 3/4" Starboard.

Electrical distribution is handled from a stern mounted Blue Sea Systems SafetyHub 150.

From there it goes to two sub panels. One fuse switch panel (Blue Sea Systems #8053) in the cockpit which has my bait pump, washdown pump, underwater lights, and under gunnel lights. The fuse block on the flybridge (Blue Sea Systems #5026) has all my electronics. Bilge pumps ((1) 1500 GPH w/ float switch/high water alarm & (1) 800 GPH auto under the motor) and high water alarm are on this as well, each with their own dedicated circuit. The bridge is fed with 4 awg. Bridge has usb charging receptacle and cigarette lighter socket to power my gyros all day. Bridge fuse block is on a drop down door for easy access.

Onboard 20 amp Promariner dual bank battery charger with plug mounted on starboard side for easy access.

Completely re-wired with marine grade wire. All terminals are heat shrink connections with heat shrink over those. All connections are unbroken from the fuse to the load. No tapped wires at all. Only wires I didn’t touch was the motor harness because it looked in good shape, and the trim tab harness.

All lighting has been swapped over to LED. This includes navigation lights, night lights in the cabin for the bunk area as well as the cabin flood light which is white and red. Spreader lights are Lumitec Caprera2 Red/White. Underwater lights are Lumitec SeablazeX2 Blue / White.

Standard Horizon GX1700 with antenna. Multiple handhelds (including 2meter) Simrad Go9 with 3g Radar and TotalScan transducer. (will be upgrading at some point) Simrad NAC2 autopilot with bluetooth remote which allows me to drive with a remote the size of a key fob, Precision 9 compass. Navico fuel flow sensor tied into the NMEA 2k network.

High water alarm, all new gauges and panel. Remote mic mounted in the cockpit, ACR PLB mounted next to it. Cheap stereo from West Marine with speakers in the side panels.

Bait pump is Shurflo Bait Sentry (I think 1100 GPH, might be 800). Washdown pump is a Jabsco 6.0 GPM Hot Shot kicking out plenty of pressure. All wash down hose is new. (Shields)

Every switch that is wired works. Imagine that, turn on a switch and something comes on.

Steering:

Converted over to hydraulic steering for the sole reason of putting in an autopilot. Went with UFLEX (can’t say enough good things about these guys over Seastar). Cylinder is a UC132OBS and the helm is a UP28FM. Used Seastar hoses and Seastar autopilot pump. (AP1219)

Motor:

Motor is a freshwater cooled AQ260 (350 block). Since I have had the boat I have done the following. New exhaust risers and manifolds, plugs, impeller, mechanical fuel pump, carb (Edelbrock 1409 which I ported/tapped in the back for the PCV) and oil pan. Installed low oil pressure / high temp alarms.

Had the motor pulled by Outdrive Exchange when I got the boat and they replaced the PDS bearings.

Put in an Arco starter (another company I can’t say enough about. Love them, great product)

Boat has an electric fuel pump for priming after it has been sitting. Makes cold starts much easier after fuel drains back from the carb.

Fuel filter / water separator is a Racor 660 with all new fuel lines. (A1 rated)

Props were tuned by Wilmington Propeller this year. Running B4's.

Safety:

ACR PLB Aquaview

3 Radios, 2 with DSC

2 Fire Extinguishers

2 sets of expired flares + current set. Kept separate from one another.

1500 GPH Bilge pump with alligator clips on a 20’ duplex wire and a 10’ discharge hose

5 toilet wax rings

Nerf style bung plug

First aid kit

Couple M.R.E.’s

Bottles of water

Handheld bolt cutters for the hook through the flesh.

Other Stuff:

Bow rail with teak pulpit. Installed using 2” x 2” ¼ aluminum backing plates. The deck will rip off before they fail. Also made a new wedge out of White Oak for my bow eye with you guessed it, a ¼ aluminum backing plate.

Bruce anchor with 35’ of ¼” chain and 300’ of 8-plait rode. Fortress anchor for a spare.

Teak swim step with swim ladder.

New Ritchie Navigator compass.

All penetrations have been bedded with either 5200, 4200 or Boatlife depending on the application. Any holes that were drilled have been epoxied to limit any water intrusion.

Bait tank is an Offshore, I think it is a 48 gallon.

Precision Outriggers.

Single ladder back chairs on the bridge, drivers side is on a slider.

Bimini over bridge.

Side panels are made out of Starboard.

Custom hatches to area under the dash and anchor locker.

Rod/net holder on the front of the bait tank which allows for a fillet board to be put up. Makes it so nice to rig up. Once fishing that goes away and the holder holds the bait net.

Back of the bait tank has a knife and pliers holder, I can clip my little Boomerang braid cutter to this which is nice.

Made a custom hose holder out of PVC that tucks up under the gunnel and keeps it out of the way. A nice little mod I saw on another website. Hose is ran in cush clamps under the gunnel. The cush clamps fit perfectly over the ¼”-20 bolts under there. Just secure them with another nut.

Trailer:
    New brakes, new actuator, new axle. Swapped over to LED lights.

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg

Remote Mic, ACR holder, down low is the battery charger port.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

The Precision 9 compass is mounted behind the hatch.
    IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Glassed in bow eye made with White Oak.
    IMG_0181.jpg

Fasteners to hold the pulpit on
    IMG_0182.jpg

Backing for bow cleat.
    IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

Underwater lights (SeablazeX2)
    IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Last edited:

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....

I will kick it off by saying 26 rod holders… Typically only my buddy and myself.

Electrical:

Dual battery banks separated by a Blue Seas ACR. House bank is dual Trojan T105’s. Starting battery is a group 31 West Marine battery.

Electrical distribution is handled from a stern mounted Blue Sea Systems SafetyHub 150.

From there it goes to two sub panels. One fuse switch panel (Blue Sea Systems #8053) in the cockpit which has my bait pump, washdown pump, underwater lights, and under gunnel lights. The fuse block on the flybridge (Blue Sea Systems #5026) has all my electronics. Bilge pumps ((1) 1500 GPH w/ float switch/high water alarm & (1) 800 GPH auto under the motor) and high water alarm are on this as well, each with their own dedicated circuit. The bridge is fed with 4 awg. Bridge has usb charging receptacle and cigarette lighter socket to power my gyros all day. Bridge fuse block is on a drop down door for easy access.

Onboard 20 amp Promariner dual bank battery charger with plug mounted on starboard side for easy access.

Completely re-wired with marine grade wire. All terminals are heat shrink connections with heat shrink over those. All connections are unbroken from the fuse to the load. No tapped wires at all. Only wires I didn’t touch was the motor harness because it looked in good shape, and the trim tab harness.

All lighting has been swapped over to LED. This includes navigation lights, night lights in the cabin for the bunk area as well as the cabin flood light which is white and red. Spreader lights are Lumitec Caprera2 Red/White. Underwater lights are Lumitec SeablazeX2 Blue / White.

Standard Horizon GX1700 with antenna. Multiple handhelds (including 2meter) Simrad Go9 with 3g Radar and TotalScan transducer. (will be upgrading at some point) Simrad NAC2 autopilot with bluetooth remote which allows me to drive with a remote the size of a key fob, Precision 9 compass. Navico fuel flow sensor tied into the NMEA 2k network.

High water alarm, all new gauges and panel. Remote mic mounted in the cockpit, ACR PLB mounted next to it. Cheap stereo from West Marine with speakers in the side panels.

Bait pump is Shurflo Bait Sentry (I think 1100 GPH, might be 800). Washdown pump is a Jabsco 6.0 GPM Hot Shot kicking out plenty of pressure. All wash down hose is new. (Shields)

Every switch that is wired works. Imagine that, turn on a switch and something comes on.

Steering:

Converted over to hydraulic steering for the sole reason of putting in an autopilot. Went with UFLEX (can’t say enough good things about these guys over Seastar). Cylinder is a UC132OBS and the helm is a UP28FM. Used Seastar hoses and Seastar autopilot pump. (AP1219)

Motor:

Motor is a freshwater cooled AQ260 (350 block). Since I have had the boat I have done the following. New exhaust risers and manifolds, plugs, impeller, mechanical fuel pump, carb (Edelbrock 1409 which I ported/tapped in the back for the PCV) and oil pan. Installed low oil pressure / high temp alarms.

Had the motor pulled by Outdrive Exchange when I got the boat and they replaced the PDS bearings.

Put in an Arco starter (another company I can’t say enough about. Love them, great product)

Boat has an electric fuel pump for priming after it has been sitting. Makes cold starts much easier after fuel drains back from the carb.

Fuel filter / water separator is a Racor 660 with all new fuel lines. (A1 rated)

Safety:

ACR PLB Aquaview

3 Radios, 2 with DSC

2 Fire Extinguishers

1500 GPH Bilge pump with alligator clips on a 20’ duplex wire and a 10’ discharge hose

5 toilet wax rings

Nerf style bung plug

First aid kit

Couple M.R.E.’s

Bottles of water

Other Stuff:

Bow rail with teak pulpit. Installed using 2” x 2” ¼ aluminum backing plates. The deck will rip off before they fail. Also made a new wedge out of White Oak for my bow eye with you guessed it, a ¼ aluminum backing plate.

Bruce anchor with 35’ of ¼” chain and 300’ of 8-plait rode. Fortress anchor for a spare.

All penetrations have been bedded with either 5200, 4200 or Boatlife depending on the application. Any holes that were drilled have been epoxied to limit any water intrusion.

Precision Outriggers.

Bimini over bridge.

Rod/net holder on the front of the bait tank which allows for a fillet board to be put up. Makes it so nice to rig up. Once fishing that goes away and the holder holds the bait net.

Back of the bait tank has a knife and pliers holder, I can clip my little Boomerang braid cutter to this which is nice.

Made a custom hose holder out of PVC that tucks up under the gunnel and keeps it out of the way. A nice little mod I saw on another website. Hose is ran in cush clamps under the gunnel. The cush clamps fit perfectly over the ¼”-20 bolts under there. Just secure them with another nut.

Trailer:

View attachment 1164553
    View attachment 1164556View attachment 1164558View attachment 1164559

View attachment 1164566
    View attachment 1164563View attachment 1164564View attachment 1164565View attachment 1164567

View attachment 1164583

View attachment 1164568
    View attachment 1164580
    View attachment 1164569
    View attachment 1164570

View attachment 1164573

View attachment 1164574

View attachment 1164582

View attachment 1164576

View attachment 1164577

Backing for bow cleat.
    View attachment 1164581

View attachment 1164584
    View attachment 1164585

View attachment 1164586

View attachment 1164596
    View attachment 1164579

View attachment 1164555

View attachment 1164561

That thing is business!

Reactions: Capt.C.Delany

SkipJack Boats

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 8, 2020
    Oak Hills, CA
    www.skipjackyachts.com
    Name
    Michael Englebrecht
    Boat
    25 ft Skipjack
    With all the Skipjack boat owners on BD I thought it would be cool to have a thred where all the skipjack owners could post what model skipjack they own (pic optional) and what gear they installed on it. Could be a great resource for other BD skipjack owners to check out and see what guys with like boats have done to their skips and also for guys to make contact with other owners who have the same skips for tech or mechanical info or help.

Anyway, heres my baby ;)

View attachment 923191

1982 24' Skipjack Open UnReel
    5.7 Mercruiser with 280 V.P single with a 15 x 19 prop
    Flowscan fuel flow meter
    Furuno 1623 radar
    Furuno FCV-600L Fish Finder w/thru hull ducer
    Standard Horizon CP-150 GPS/ Chartplotter
    Standard Horizon Spectrum VHF radio
    Icom M502 VHF radio
    50gln bait tank
    Factory fiberglass below deck fish hold app. 100 glns
    Bimini top with split front isinglass and side curtains
    Saltwater Specialties Radar Arch
    Precision Marine 15' outriggers
    On a aluminum 2 axel ABTrailer

Lets see yours,
    B
    Great looking boat!

SkipJack Boats

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 8, 2020
    Oak Hills, CA
    www.skipjackyachts.com
    Name
    Michael Englebrecht
    Boat
    25 ft Skipjack
    1998 - 30 Skip - Hull #12
    330B Cummins - 4 blade props
    Northern Lights 5KW Generator
    Garmin GPS
    Furuno Radar
    Wesmar HD800 SideScan
    Icom VHF's - M127's
    Simrad AP20 Auto
    Reverse cycle Heat/Air
    Offshore BaitTank (Same one on Randy's 30 skip "Offshore")
    Shit Baittank built-in transom
    UnderwaterLightsUSA - SV19's

Any offers - I want a bigger boat - especially since I'm gonna win the Mega tonight.
    PM me. I just had a call from a guy I couldn't help looking for a used 30. I'll give you his info.
    BigMike

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    Hi Bob,
    I was wondering if there is an interest in a Skipjack only tournament.
    Did you ever have one?
    Maybe we can help.
    BigMike

Another member set up a skipjack flotilla party to gather at Catalina, but not many were willing to commit, and it never happened.
    Personally, I think it would be a cool idea. There are definitely a lot of skipjack owners here, and I’m sure many would be willing to participate. I certainly would!

jaw1970

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 6, 2008
    Long Beach, CA. USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Koa Honu 28 Skipjack

Electrical:

Steering:

Motor:

Safety:

ACR PLB Aquaview

3 Radios, 2 with DSC

2 Fire Extinguishers

5 toilet wax rings

Nerf style bung plug

First aid kit

Couple M.R.E.’s

Bottles of water

Other Stuff:

Precision Outriggers.

Bimini over bridge.

Trailer:

View attachment 1164553

View attachment 1164566
    View attachment 1164563View attachment 1164564View attachment 1164565View attachment 1164567

View attachment 1164583

View attachment 1164568
    View attachment 1164580
    View attachment 1164569
    View attachment 1164570

View attachment 1164573

View attachment 1164574

View attachment 1164582

View attachment 1164576

View attachment 1164577

Backing for bow cleat.
    View attachment 1164581

View attachment 1164584
    View attachment 1164585

View attachment 1164586

View attachment 1164596
    View attachment 1164579

View attachment 1164555

View attachment 1164561
    Beautiful

SkipJack Boats

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 8, 2020
    Oak Hills, CA
    www.skipjackyachts.com
    Name
    Michael Englebrecht
    Boat
    25 ft Skipjack
    Hey Skipjack guys!

Maybe you noticed my reply's and likes lately.
    My name is Mike and I'm Known for being a sponsored Everol Big Game Reels fisherman and some of you guys know me as BigMike from BigMike's lures magazine articles I've written or as a Salt Water and Electronics guy for Bass Pro Shops in Cucamonga .
    I am sales for Skipjack boats in Hesperia. Contrary to spread rumors we are in business making boats. We have made a ton of improvements and I have had an association with Skipjack Yachts for many years.
    I love the pictures of the improvements you guys post. In Selling Skipjacks the thing I notice most when someone calls me for a new boat most of the time they tell me this is my third Skipjack or all I have ever owned are Skipjacks!
    One potential buyer told me this is my fifth one.
    Thank you guys for your support. If I can help with technical support or maybe any help at all please contact me.
    Please feel free to come by our factory anytime for a tour of boats in production.
    Skipjack boats has almost 4,000 boats sold in Southern California and many are still being used regularly and many are being restored as I get calls all the time.

My very best regards,
    Mike (BigMike) Englebrecht
    Skipjack Yachts LLC

SkipJack Boats

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 8, 2020
    Oak Hills, CA
    www.skipjackyachts.com
    Name
    Michael Englebrecht
    Boat
    25 ft Skipjack
    I posted this in the wrong place earlier.

Hey Skipjack guys!

Maybe you noticed my reply's and likes lately.
    My name is Mike and I'm Known for being a sponsored Everol Big Game Reels fisherman and some of you guys know me as BigMike from BigMike's lures magazine articles I've written or as a Salt Water and Electronics guy for Bass Pro Shops in Cucamonga .
    I am sales for Skipjack boats in Hesperia. Contrary to spread rumors we are in business making boats. We have made a ton of improvements and I have had an association with Skipjack Yachts for many years.
    I love the pictures of the improvements you guys post. In Selling Skipjacks the thing I notice most when someone calls me for a new boat most of the time they tell me this is my third Skipjack or all I have ever owned are Skipjacks!
    One potential buyer told me this is my fifth one.
    Thank you guys for your support. If I can help with technical support or maybe any help at all please contact me.
    Please feel free to come by our factory anytime for a tour of boats in production.
    Skipjack boats has almost 4,000 boats sold in Southern California and many are still being used regularly and many are being restored as I get calls all the time.

My very best regards,
    Mike (BigMike) Englebrecht
    Skipjack Yachts LLC

SkipJack Boats

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 8, 2020
    Oak Hills, CA
    www.skipjackyachts.com
    Name
    Michael Englebrecht
    Boat
    25 ft Skipjack

Electrical:

Steering:

Motor:

Safety:

ACR PLB Aquaview

3 Radios, 2 with DSC

2 Fire Extinguishers

5 toilet wax rings

Nerf style bung plug

First aid kit

Couple M.R.E.’s

Bottles of water

Other Stuff:

Precision Outriggers.

Bimini over bridge.

Trailer:

View attachment 1164553

View attachment 1164566

View attachment 1164583

View attachment 1164568
    View attachment 1164580
    View attachment 1164569
    View attachment 1164570

View attachment 1164573

View attachment 1164574

View attachment 1164582

View attachment 1164576

View attachment 1164577

Backing for bow cleat.
    View attachment 1164581

View attachment 1164584
    View attachment 1164585

View attachment 1164586

View attachment 1164596
    View attachment 1164579

View attachment 1164555

View attachment 1164561
    I've had several Skipjacks in my yard over the years. 2 24 flybridge that were taken down for restoration and quit o0n. I'm keeping these pictures to show the next guy why they shouldn't quit.
    Beautiful by the pictures.
    BigMike

BTW I mean the yard at my house, not at Skipjack.

msaines

May 20, 2020
    Newport Beach
    Name
    Marco
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Question guys: I have a skipjack 25 sport cruiser that currently has outdated electronics and a Thruhull transducer w a fainting block.

I have a new airmar B175 HW thruhull 12 degree bronze transducer as well as a B175 L Thruhull 12 degree - will these work Properly on this boat? Or should I save them for another project and get something else?

I was planning on using garmin gpsmap 8610xsv with the Garmin gsd26 sonar black box in conjunction with both transducers. Any help / advice is welcomed and appreciated! Hope this is the right place to post

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
  • Jun 22, 2014
    No Grave But the Sea
    Name
    Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
    Boat
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    Per: http://www.skipjack-boats.com/HistoryB.htm

(The text is black and matches the background, you can highlight it and see it)

The deadrise (the hull angles at the stern) is 18 degrees on all models of Skipjack boats built from 1971 on.

When ordering an Airmar Tilted Element, flush mount transducer, we recommend the "Fixed 20 degree tilted version for 16 to 24 degree hulls".

This is for boats from 25 ft to 35 ft. Deadrise for Skipjack Boats built before 1971 was less, and we suggest you measure the actual angle. Measure by placing a straight edge or level on the keel (keeping it level with the ground) and measure up to the hull on one side.

Reactions: Arima-bob

SkipJack Boats

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 8, 2020
    Oak Hills, CA
    www.skipjackyachts.com
    Name
    Michael Englebrecht
    Boat
    25 ft Skipjack
    Is this better?

SkipJack History
    1966 Jack Cole Company begins the Skipjack line of boats in Costa Mesa CA with the 20' Flybridge. He was the first boat builder to use full liners in small boats, build a flybridge on 20' boat, use 1" steel rails on a 20' boat.

1966 20' Flybridge. No longer in production.

1967 20' Open cruiser introduced. No longer in production.

1969 Jack Cole Co. incorporated as Skipjack Boats inc.

1969 24' Flybridge boat. Last one built 1989.

1969 24" open cruiser. Last one built in 2008.

1971 All boats were changed to 18 degrees deadrise.

1973 28' Flybrdige. Last one built in 1994.

1976 25' Cabin cruiser. Last one built in 1988.

1980 25' Sport cruiser. No longer in production.

1983 25' Fisherman. No longer in production.

1987 25' Flybridge. Last one built 1993.

1988 25' Sports cruiser. No longer in production.

1990 35' Flybrdige. Last one built 1993.

1991 26' Flybridge. Still in production.

1992 26' Fisherman. No longer in production.

1992 26' Sport. No longer in production.

1993 Skipjack factory relocated to Anaheim CA.

1996 30' Flybrdige. Still in production.

2000 38' Flybridge. Still in production.

2003 Skipjack factory relocated to Oak Hills, CA.

2006 First D6 series Volvo diesel installed in the 262.

2015 Quantity of 262's reached 197 boats (Total Skipjack's over 4,000)

2016 Skipjack by Invader Marine, name change to Skipjack Yachts.

2016 Launch of Hull #3 38ft in Newport Beach CA.

2017 Design of 380 changed to accommodate the larger 650 hp Cat. diesels.

Note: Over the years various changes were and are being made to the models still in production.

Reactions: jaw1970

SkipJack Boats

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 8, 2020
    Oak Hills, CA
    www.skipjackyachts.com
    Name
    Michael Englebrecht
    Boat
    25 ft Skipjack
    Just heard that the owner wants to sell his 25 ft cabin cruiser. He has a few boats and we need the room. He constantly upgraded this puppy and has no need of anything. sits on a ABT baja style trailer that's never been registered.

I'll be listing it tomorrow so don't get mad and say why didn't I say something;=)

Noah Sinclair

Mar 27, 2016
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Noah Sinclair
    Boat
    Skipjack
    Another member set up a skipjack flotilla party to gather at Catalina, but not many were willing to commit, and it never happened.
    Personally, I think it would be a cool idea. There are definitely a lot of skipjack owners here, and I’m sure many would be willing to participate. I certainly would!
    lets get this going! I know the last one fell threw but even if only a few of us show up it’ll just grow every year!