Double Z

Apr 12, 2004
Outside the Orange Curtain...
www.IspendtoomuchtimeonBloodyDecks.com
Name
Harry S. Stamper
Boat
Nope
Well, started the day late. Me and my son's heading down to see Kris (Halibutslayer) at Escondido Cycle Center. After a couple extra hours due to CDF taking 2 lanes of the South bound I15 for no reason, I got there and left shortly there after with a brand spank'n new Honda Generator, DC cables to hook straight to the battery, 4 gallons of salt eliminator stuff and the kit to attach to the boat. All for less than he might want me to put over the net. Kris said he'd hook up Bloodydeckers and followed through.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/ModelDetail.asp?ModelName=eu2000i

Very cool. I think I have the logistics on the boat figured out. I figure I'll run it on the engine cover and stash it in the cabin when not in use. It'll be running at night.

Then, it's off to Noah's. Karl (Az Monkey) and I are to swap reels. His SX for my JX. Here's where things go bad. I got to Noah's a little before Karl, he was down helping cut fish for the 8 day that just hit the docks. Anyway, spending time in a tackle shop is just Bad, Bad, BAD! Having two 9-year-olds that fish along just makes it that much worse. Not to mention Kevan is WAY TOO HELPFULL!

Once Karl got there, it was time to spool up the SX. Kevan spooled her up with 50lb JB all the way to the top. My plan was to run 15lb at the most. After breaking out the scale and pull testing a couple of the Teramer rods, it went from 15lb to 20lb. With the drag set around 7.5 lbs, the 12-25lb 8'er looked great, the reel had no loss of freespool and the "Bait" notch was working good. This thing is going to fling jigs a mile. This is the kind of shop I've been missing.

I got some tackle, my kids did some shopping and also ended up with some swag and tackle. I got to see some of the trip pics and got to see CudaKillers ass! I'll tell you what, couple beers and :Lets_do_i :Lets_do_i :Lets_do_i . He's a big dude, I might not hit bottom (no punn intended) but I'll bang the crap out of the sides:rofl: :rofl: . That looked like and hell of a trip! There were also some pics of some of the best birdsnest's I've ever seen. Some of those things had to go 1/4 spool deep!

I go to leave the shop and they wouldn't even let me leave without some fresh YFT from the trip.:appl: :appl:

Long story short, I've added the 8 or so foot topshot of 20lb flouro to the SX, and fired up the generator. That thing is quiet! I bagged up the YFT and had about 1/2lb of sashimi. This place rules.

fishnfool

Jun 30, 2003
Murrieta, Ca
Name
Kevan
Boat
IMAHO
Glad you made it in today...nice to meet you and the boys. You have a couple of great kids there. Hope you slay some soon with the new rig.

barracuda Killer

Shakin haters 1 at a time
May 18, 2005
91PIMP
www.raiders.com
Name
Derelict #3 the pimpish one
Boat
Party with Ceez, go to jail
You want some of this?

Az.monkey

Oct 27, 2003
PQ
Visit site
Name
Karl
Boat
Which one ?
I hate it when that happens ! Good meeting ya today Dayle and I want my SX back , I miss it :) Enjoy that mofo bro. Killer kids you got there and if you didn't leave when you did I bet you'd own the place :D Noah's Rocks

Double Z

Apr 12, 2004
Name
Harry S. Stamper
Boat
Nope
The kids had a blast but it was a long day for them. I need to get them on the boat. I think an easy trip to Cat is in order. Either that or go looking at the inside banks. I'll decide tomarrow. Now that I have you on speed dial, you can expect some calls on the way to the ramp.

My wife just handed me a plate of grilled albacore ( from the trip with Kris), dill rice and fresh green beans from the backyard. I'm about halfway through the martini (no jokes please) she made me a little earlier. This is a good day.

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
I told you those Teramar rods are really sweet!!!

Shimano's best kept secret. :D

Very cool that you made it down to Noah's. :appl:

reel fun

1210 or die bitches
Jul 12, 2005
La Jolla
Name
Johnny
Boat
9'0" singlefin
hook it up with a shoulder fillet ron...

and oh yah

DONT HATE!!!!!!!!!

Double Z

Apr 12, 2004
Name
Harry S. Stamper
Boat
Nope
Yer just pissed 'cause I'm taking the kids out to kill some fish.

I realized I don't have to be home until late Wednesday. Now all I need to find is fresh water on Catalina. Probably the fuel dock or LASO dock. I'll get some. I need it for showers.

I'm hoping they are doing a firework show over there. That should be a good time.

JBait

Selfish Bastard
May 1, 2003
Hemet
Visit site
Name
Ole
Boat
Davis Bahia 25
zzsdad said:
Yer just pissed 'cause I'm taking the kids out to kill some fish.

I realized I don't have to be home until late Wednesday. Now all I need to find is fresh water on Catalina. Probably the fuel dock or LASO dock. I'll get some. I need it for showers.
True. I will be sitting in a damn security guard shack cooking in the sweltering desert heat:nopity:

I need water after today's 110 degree weather.

faust858

Jun 12, 2005
San Diego
Name
Nelson
Boat
none
GL with your new Avet. Hope it helps to slays many a finned creature. I know I still want a SX. I'll be picking up 2 of those blue beauties (Avets)tomorrow. Of course none of them are an SX so that gives me an excuse to get one at a later time.
Have fun at Cat.