Hannibal

Hold my rod?
Mar 13, 2012
Puyallup
Name
Kellen
Boat
Carolina Classic 25 Tail Hooker
I am having the same problem. I have comcast at home and I can get to the home page but I can't get into the forums. All other websites work fine even the XXX ones. Access from work is fine.

tambs

Yo BD! Color Screens-Invented Mid '50s. Jus sayin.
Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
"Bottom Line" - 25' Carolina Classic SF
I power cycled my modem again, but it didn't work. Access via my C-phone carrier has been restored though.

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
One of our Florida guys was having trouble as well. He eliminated his router and plugged right to the computer and the forums worked perfect. This has been one of the most frustrating things I have ever seen with websites. Not one single thing has worked to fix all and the coders and I have not been able to replicate this problem even with using proxy's in the effected areas.

bbordeau

Sep 28, 2011
Woodinville WA
Name
Brian
Boat
Storm Trooper
I've got the same problem. Phone AT&T - no problem. Comcast...doesn't work. I asked comcast to reset my IP and they said they can't but if you leave your modem unplugged for a few hours, then it should reassign. I'm leaving it unhooked overnight and will let you know if it reassigns the IP and the website performance.

BTW I've tried the iphone through comcast...same problem. I also did win7 vs Mac, IE, Mozilla (mac + PC), and Safari. If it's going through my comcast ip, it doesn't work.

Brian

tunafin

I've been fishing since Noah built the Arc.
Jan 2, 2005
Cojo Jalama / Pt Conception
Name
Jeff .......
Boat
Anal Glaucoma (I cant see my ass going to work)
I did a IP config Then Release and renew and new ip fixed all in less that 30 seconds. easy if you have xp.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
I have tw service at my shop it works fine.I have Verizon fios at home no worky.
BDS is the only site I'm having this problem with.

Mike

Phat Boat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Neither my Ipad nor my wifes can access the Boards.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Sounds like a pretty widespread problem

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
B

bmuoio

I am glad I wasn't the only one all of a sudden having problems! I was able to get in but the scree was of center and could only read 3/4 of the post if they had pictures attached? I addressed the problem and instead I just got an ass chewing because I wrote poorly! 30 replies crapping and not one person addressed yes there has been a problem going on. Since then mine is working fine again.

chesterf

May 9, 2008
Yelm WA
Name
Floyd
Boat
Defiance 220EX "Bell Ringer"
Works from work. Not from home. 3 different computers at home with different operating systems. Cache cleared. Rest of the world still works including all other forums. Telling users it is an ID ten T error is rather irritating. I saw this thread when it started but it still worked for me till about 1 week ago. Since I can hit the main page with everyone else and the sub pages time out or error out I would suspect it is some sort of DNS cache error or forwarding error on the server, especially with the randomness of it.

I wonder how much traffic is being lost?

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
I tried unplugging & resetting the modem no worky.

Mike

tambs

Yo BD! Color Screens-Invented Mid '50s. Jus sayin.
Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
"Bottom Line" - 25' Carolina Classic SF
This is aggravating.

I've:

> Spent 2 hours on the phone with my ISP. ISP had no problems with connecting to BD pages.
> Re-started my router and modem many times.
> Bypassed the router and direct connected the modem to the PC.
> Performed many trace routes and pings to the bdoutdoors domain.
> Checked and rechecked for hardware issues or virus/malware issues without finding any.
> Done an extensive search for other non-functioning domains without finding any.
> Verified there are no hardware issues on my end by connecting my pc to my C-phone hotspot and finding no issues to connecting to BD via the C-phone with the PC.
> Tried using three separate browsers to access BD and got the same result. Nada.
> Verified other PC's in household are behaving similarly. They are.
> Used Ipconfig /release and /renew to obtain a new IP.

Nothing I have done has resulted in any improvement to connectivity to any BD page other than the front page which has always been accessible. I have NO problems with any other domain.

I'm not suggesting I've done everything I can on my end, but......

If you eliminate all probable solutions to a problem, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the solution.......... BD, you have a problem.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Very random. Not just one area and I can't replicate it.
Maybe you should pay a visit to someone having the issue,
so you can replicate it.Just a thought.

Mike

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
This is aggravating.

I've:

> Spent 2 hours on the phone with my ISP. ISP had no problems with connecting to BD pages.
> Re-started my router and modem many times.
> Bypassed the router and direct connected the modem to the PC.
> Performed many trace routes and pings to the bdoutdoors domain.
> Checked and rechecked for hardware issues or virus/malware issues without finding any.
> Done an extensive search for other non-functioning domains without finding any.
> Verified there are no hardware issues on my end by connecting my pc to my C-phone hotspot and finding no issues to connecting to BD via the C-phone with the PC.
> Tried using three separate browsers to access BD and got the same result. Nada.
> Verified other PC's in household are behaving similarly. They are.
> Used Ipconfig /release and /renew to obtain a new IP.

Nothing I have done has resulted in any improvement to connectivity to any BD page other than the front page which has always been accessible. I have NO problems with any other domain.

I'm not suggesting I've done everything I can on my end, but......

If you eliminate all probable solutions to a problem, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the solution.......... BD, you have a problem.
This is what I keep telling our host. They keep firing back that it's a DNS problem not on our network :(.
With others getting it fixed by eliminating their routers/switches and plugging direct to the modems and others not successful doing this I haven't found one single fix for everyone yet.

DoubletroubleII

Fish On!
Nov 18, 2008
Placerville, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
19' Harbercraft
Wow......1st time I have been able to get on in over a week!

Take away all handguns from the site computer nerds, I don't want any of them to do something stupid!