Rellis

Boss
Jul 3, 2011
Ellensburg/WA/USA
Name
Ray Ellis
Boat
21' Trophy, "Cape Spencer"
Charter won't do shit. Called the the last two nights. Took the line off the router & stuck it in the back of the PC &'everything works. Nobody will reconfigure the router so I bought a new one & the problem is resolved!

oldschool 1

Night Watchman .
Jun 13, 2011
Aberdeen wa
Name
Andy
Boat
Oldschool 2
oh I just got a new router just about the time this started I will look at it when I get home

tambs

Yo BD! Color Screens-Invented Mid '50s. Jus sayin.
Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
"Bottom Line" - 25' Carolina Classic SF
Mine's a netgear router, and I can't connect with it at all. Even when I bypass the router and plug the modem directly to the PC it still doesn't work.

marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
I am also experiencing the same issues but only at my office and not at home?at home i have charter and at work verizon.I will try the router trick but i doubt thats it because every other website is normal,only issue is BD.Sometimes it will come up after a few minutes and sometimes its a blank white page but even if it comes up you cannot navigate around.

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
This is exactly my take as well. Since I'm so clueless, somebody explain to me how this could be a router or other issue mentioned when it ONLY is happening on BD.

I'm not blasting BD at all here, but at the same time I'm really wondering if I am the one who really has a clue here, because nearly every time in the past that I tried to inform BD that there was a problem that was specifically happening ONLY here on BD and no other site, I always seem to receive the same sort of response... ya know "Oh you're clueless" or "it's something else, but it's not BD"....... and then guess what..... either days or weeks later (maybe a month) there will suddenly be a post stating that they are shutting down for a day, or that they are going to do a format change. I dunno man, but this has honestly happened more times than I can even remember now. I'm always just trying to bring it up in hopes it helps the powers that be are aware of it and can fix it before it turns even more ugly than it is....... that's all I am trying to do.

So somebody tell me (although once I submit this reply it will probably take me days to possibly view this again) just how can it be router or any of the other mentioned problems if it is only happening on this site?? School me, cause i'm listening.

The unknown Bieberman:p:

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Mine worky fine :D

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Post up your trace routes (on the effected PC's) to www.bdoutdoors.com along with a -n 20 ping's. I keep hounding our host and they keep saying it's not on our network or our software and that it's out of our control.

If it's easier to email them send to [email protected]

I'm at the Fred Hall trade show through the weekend and can't really support until next Tuesday.

Did ??Fisherman say something? I have him on ignore.

tambs

Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
Email sent with the ping and trace results.

No local issues with Charter per downdetector.

Hannibal

Hold my rod?
Mar 13, 2012
Puyallup
Name
Kellen
Boat
Carolina Classic 25 Tail Hooker
I am having the same problem. I have comcast at home and I can get to the home page but I can't get into the forums. All other websites work fine even the XXX ones. Access from work is fine.

tambs

Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
I power cycled my modem again, but it didn't work. Access via my C-phone carrier has been restored though.

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
One of our Florida guys was having trouble as well. He eliminated his router and plugged right to the computer and the forums worked perfect. This has been one of the most frustrating things I have ever seen with websites. Not one single thing has worked to fix all and the coders and I have not been able to replicate this problem even with using proxy's in the effected areas.

bbordeau

Sep 28, 2011
Woodinville WA
Name
Brian
Boat
Storm Trooper
I've got the same problem. Phone AT&T - no problem. Comcast...doesn't work. I asked comcast to reset my IP and they said they can't but if you leave your modem unplugged for a few hours, then it should reassign. I'm leaving it unhooked overnight and will let you know if it reassigns the IP and the website performance.

BTW I've tried the iphone through comcast...same problem. I also did win7 vs Mac, IE, Mozilla (mac + PC), and Safari. If it's going through my comcast ip, it doesn't work.

Brian

tunafin

I've been fishing since Noah built the Arc.
Jan 2, 2005
Cojo Jalama / Pt Conception
Name
Jeff .......
Boat
Anal Glaucoma (I cant see my ass going to work)
I did a IP config Then Release and renew and new ip fixed all in less that 30 seconds. easy if you have xp.

bbordeau

Sep 28, 2011
Woodinville WA
Name
Brian
Boat
Storm Trooper
Left it disconnected overnight, same IP address when I hooked it up. Same result.

Brian

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
I have tw service at my shop it works fine.I have Verizon fios at home no worky.
BDS is the only site I'm having this problem with.

Mike

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Neither my Ipad nor my wifes can access the Boards.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Sounds like a pretty widespread problem

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
B

bmuoio

I am glad I wasn't the only one all of a sudden having problems! I was able to get in but the scree was of center and could only read 3/4 of the post if they had pictures attached? I addressed the problem and instead I just got an ass chewing because I wrote poorly! 30 replies crapping and not one person addressed yes there has been a problem going on. Since then mine is working fine again.

chesterf

May 9, 2008
Yelm WA
Name
Floyd
Boat
Defiance 220EX "Bell Ringer"
Works from work. Not from home. 3 different computers at home with different operating systems. Cache cleared. Rest of the world still works including all other forums. Telling users it is an ID ten T error is rather irritating. I saw this thread when it started but it still worked for me till about 1 week ago. Since I can hit the main page with everyone else and the sub pages time out or error out I would suspect it is some sort of DNS cache error or forwarding error on the server, especially with the randomness of it.

I wonder how much traffic is being lost?