Name
Bud
Boat
Spotfin
I know, I know, I know!!!
con·de·scend·ing
ˌkändəˈsendiNG/
adjective
  1. having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.
    "she thought the teachers were arrogant and condescending"
    synonyms:patronizing, supercilious, superior, snobbish, snobby, disdainful, lofty, haughty; More

Choose languageAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitianHausaHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKhmerKoreanLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSwahiliSwedishTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddishYorubaZulu

View attachment 546610

You get a gold star and a cookie. Now the rest of the class is starting to think you a bit of an Alex

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
There lays the perplexment of the intellectual situation.

If a person deems the content of the discussion as being of their understanding, they are at ease with the format...Alex

It's not perplexing, the content of the discussion is clearly of your understanding in which you find ease and comfort. I might remind you to review the thread title.

Anyway, you're done being my internet pet for the evening, you are relieved of duty oh self-exhaulted one.

Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
Alex: thank you for the lesson in history and yes I am aware of the origins...having some fun and not everybody here on bd has a 10th grade education. Some of us do have advanced degrees and don't require a thesaurus to amuse ourselves or others!

Robert...you hit it on the head

There are people that have advanced degrees and then there are people that talk like they have advanced degrees and I have found it is usually the guy who talks with the five dollar word that really has the five cent education.

The truly educated know how to make their point in the fewest words instead of some self serving bloviated diatribe that we seem to be subject to at the moment but ..........The real question is....who is the smartest guy in the room?
The guy that talks like he is or the guy that lets him talk and smiles. ;)

BTW- Steve K

I love you like a brother but you get my vote for starting this whole mess........you should have just gone and slammed your nuts in a drawer if you really felt the need to generate some pain ;)

See ya when you get down this way

Reactions: matta57
Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Robert...you hit it on the head

There are people that have advanced degrees and then there are people that talk like they have advanced degrees and I have found it is usually the guy who talks with the five dollar word that really has the five cent education.

The truly educated know how to make their point in the fewest words instead of some self serving bloviated diatribe that we seem to be subject to at the moment but ..........The real question is....who is the smartest guy in the room?
The guy that talks like he is or the guy that lets him talk and smiles. ;)

BTW- Steve K

I love you like a brother but you get my vote for starting this whole mess........you should have just gone and slammed your nuts in a drawer if you really felt the need to generate some pain ;)

See ya when you get down this way
Yea, at your age Steve it will be the bottom drawer! Lmao...

Reactions: Bud B
Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
well this thread sucks... after all the shit i have given for years and not even a mention..
dam Alex I've read a lot of your posts and the ones in here too and you just don't seem like that big of an asshole... seem like a real fart smeller.. i mean smart feller... kind of reminds me of listening to Don King... always very entertaining. i wouldn't be surprised if you knew how to figure the hypotenuse of a right triangle. seriously, thank you for the entertainment

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
Sure glad I spent all day yesterday fishing. This thread makes me regret not going out again today.
Catching yellowtail beats the hell out this ," I got a bigger dick than you" thread.
What a bunch of of fucking SHIT. Quit stroking yourselves, go stroke some fish.

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
Sure glad I spent all day yesterday fishing. This thread makes me regret not going out again today.
Catching yellowtail beats the hell out this ," I got a bigger dick than you" thread.
What a bunch of of fucking SHIT. Quit stroking yourselves, go stroke some fish.
What's up Mike? How did u guys do?

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
Fucked up the yt. 9 in an hour and half, home early for spicy yt hand rolls.
Then I fucked up the whole day ,by reading this thread.

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
Fucked up the yt. 9 in an hour and half, home early for spicy yt hand rolls.
Then I fucked up the whole day ,by reading this thread.

Nice! This thing is funny! My pre jacuzzi entertainment...

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
Reactions: Soda Pop
Upvote 0

$norkle

May 6, 2008
Corvallis,OR
Name
Bruce
Boat
In my dreams!
Christmas has come early for Alex. Steve gave him a Grand BD Harp and Alex is playing it fervently. Each note being a BD Member. He's plucks the (their) strings and their retort is music to his ears. He plays the harp quite well.

Actually it's something kinda opposite that. Alex is a toon. Remember the movie "Roger Rabbit"? You could identify a toon because they couldn't help themselves and has to complete that simple "dum dum ta dum dum.................." Well, Alex is a toon because he can't help himself. He has to answer any comment/statement directed toward him. He's a slave to the faulty wiring that is his forebrain. He's clearly a societal misfit whose only release is to call names like a 7th grader, and revel in his attacks on everyone else who he believes is intellectually inferior to him. The lie that he tells himself about his superiority is contradicted by his hiding in anonymity (sp?). Anyone else out there curious about the real Alex??? Does he get along with anyone?? Does his girlfriend have a 900- number??? Yeah Alex, I am laughing. This whole thing is getting funnier by the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soda Pop and Bill W
Upvote 0

Bud B

Fear the Kraken
Dec 5, 2004
Name
Bud
Boat
Spotfin
I always have logged onto BD with the understanding that I am entering a Toonville sandbox. I just come to play with all the other big kids in this virtual day care center. Be they what they may. Every playground has an antagonist. You choose whether to be irritated or entertained by it. I am entertained by those that allow themselves to be irritated far more then by the actions of the antagonist. As long as there is reaction he will continue to act. Those that reply in lieu of using the ignore feature feed the Toon as you describe him. I like cartoons.

Upvote 0

Lake

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
I voted early in this one because, even though Alex was making a strong push for the title, I had to consider their entire body of work and that gave Quinn the nod. Now I'm wishing I could change my vote.

Alex, you're not the smartest, most educated, or most eloquent person here. You need to remember the adage that if you're the only one that thinks you're funny or clever, then you're neither. At least we don't have to worry about you fishing on the boat I like because Kevin invites your type to not return. He keeps a black book and you'd be assured a spot on page one.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
good lord..... :shake:

really? In the middle of a stellar season?

what a waste of bandwidth.

Reactions: ash
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.