BC Halibut, Who's goin?

reelchrome

Mar 9, 2011
Maple Valley
Name
Denis
Boat
Defiance 220 Admiral
I am heading out For the BC opener, for the first time, (22-23rd) any Tips will be appreciated, Has anybody herd about long liners in the eastern straits?

Upvote 0

sandy point

Dec 28, 2011
Ferndale WA
Name
Mike
Boat
Reel Estate
we have caught fish at zero rock (I think its called that)-- through mosquito pass out of Roche, head west , go south around that reef marker and fish on the canadian side..80' of water. There is a closed area there so make sure to mark the boundary on your GPS so your not inside it. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

silver slayer

I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this
May 12, 2009
kitsap county
Name
Josh
Boat
25' starcraft expedition
cool report!

Upvote 0

whido isle

capt
Oct 6, 2010
coupeville,wa u.s.a
Name
jay
Boat
25' amf SS245 o/s (bart's legacy)
so if you anchor your supposed to call in that your in the country but if your a drifter no need & don't have a gun on board they kinda freak out

Upvote 0

reelchrome

Mar 9, 2011
Maple Valley
Name
Denis
Boat
Defiance 220 Admiral
blah blah blah, its a pre report, ill have one on monday the 25th, thanks for the insight Titan, thats what I have read as well, call in, no guns and have a chart, I would also be interested to know if anyone went to the Victoria area for the opener!

Upvote 0

TonyG

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
Don't forget to call in when coming back to the US as well.

So - as a guy who's made a bunch of trips to Canada from USA in my boat, I've got to say I've never done that (called the USA before returning). Who do I have to call in the US and why.

I completely underatnd the rules why I need to call CA before crossing the border. I don't know of the regs that require me to call USA to return.

Please help out here - this is a sincere request.

-tony

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
How many wacko asshats have gone postal with a gun killing innocent people in Canada in the last 5 yrs?

ZERO !! Coincidence? :eyepoppin

Please no more baiting me into political discussions cause I got a hair trigger and I have already been warned once. Let's try and keep it to the topic at hand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TonyG

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
US CBP. This was discussed at length here a year ago. Use the search box. Not worth the hassle IMO.

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov...reporting_brochure.ctt/reporting_brochure.pdf

THank you for that link. I have seen that brochure and that's where I get the instruction that I don't need to call the US when I return from CA fishing. Note that I never go ashore when I go to CA, just fish and return.

According to the section "When must a Vessel Report".
"Please note that any small pleasure vessel that leaves a US port and goes into international or foreign waters, without a call at a foreign port, is not required to report. For example, certain fishing vessels, cruises to nowhere, or any vessel that leaves from a US port and returns without calling at a foreign port or place, has not departed the United States."

-S

Upvote 0

Titan

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Name
Kamen
Boat
Dinghy
THank you for that link. I have seen that brochure and that's where I get the instruction that I don't need to call the US when I return from CA fishing. Note that I never go ashore when I go to CA, just fish and return.

According to the section "When must a Vessel Report".
"Please note that any small pleasure vessel that leaves a US port and goes into international or foreign waters, without a call at a foreign port, is not required to report. For example, certain fishing vessels, cruises to nowhere, or any vessel that leaves from a US port and returns without calling at a foreign port or place, has not departed the United States."

-S

My understanding was that if you check in with Canadian Customs, you have to check in with US CBP on the way back, but I might be wrong.

Good luck if you go.

Upvote 0

Titan

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Name
Kamen
Boat
Dinghy
Ron Gardner just posted about a clarification by Canadian Customs on the main page. Looks like my interpretation was incorrect.

Upvote 0

Barracuda1

Master of None
Jul 7, 2011
All over this bitch!
Name
Fred
Boat
Defiance 220 EX (BARRACUDA II)
How many wacko asshats have gone postal with a gun killing innocent people in Canada in the last 5 yrs?

ZERO !! Coincidence? :eyepoppin
I had a bad ass reply to this B:shithappens: but I tempered myself. I suggest you do the same. We Americans can get a little "perturbed" when it comes to defending "OUR" rights. Just don't cast stones our way. Thanks OH! BTW I thought this was the reports section not political discussion forum.....

Upvote 0

Sculpin23

Apr 27, 2008
B.C. Canada
Name
John
Boat
23' Edwing battleship
Does Robert Pickton ring any bells? He shot and strangled 49 by admission. How did that gun control work out there. You guys need to ban ligatures and pigs as well. He had a dildo fastened to the end of a pistol allegedly as a makeshift silencer. So evidently we don't have the market cornered on wacko asshats.:eyepoppin:eyepoppin

Agreed but what is your point? It has zero to do with the thread.

I had a bad ass reply to this B:shithappens: but I tempered myself. I suggest you do the same. We Americans can get a little "perturbed" when it comes to defending "OUR" rights. Just don't cast stones our way. Thanks OH! BTW I thought this was the reports section not political discussion forum.....

Take it easy buddy. Post's like yours is why people think the way they do. WTF. Life is short man. Take it for what it is.

Upvote 0

Sculpin23

Apr 27, 2008
B.C. Canada
Name
John
Boat
23' Edwing battleship
I'm hoping to get out soon.

I have to work to pay for this fishing thing. Work seems to always get in the way of it however.

I will be out once before our BS reg's take effect and I hope to smoke a biggie just to say I could lol. If I don't I guess I have to support you guy's and head to Alaska for by barn door of a lifetime.

I'm in no hurry however. I just want one period. That is it.

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Allright I was hoping this just faded away but I guess not. I am willing to let it go as a transgression from Tofino guy. In fact I will edit my first post. I hope you get out and get a big one Sculpin. And by all means migrate down to the lead pour and well have a beer. You too Tofino guy.:hali_olutta:

Upvote 0