the_tunaman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 28, 2017
Norco
Name
Roger Nelson
Boat
Ranger Z20
Just started watching the series on Netflix, and one of the boats is fishing left-hand reels upside down... someone have some logical explanation?

Overall it has been interesting so far, but apparently there was only one season. Cool to see the NW albacore fishery, and it looks to me so far that the baitfish method would be superior as I remember many days over the hump on the albies on the sport boats, and it would keep them in the zone longer than being on the troll.

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boat hoe
The first season was last year so maybe there will be a second season. But if there is a second season they really need to get some better fishermen/boats as most of them were a joke and really ruined the show.

Vibora

Aug 18, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Adam
Boat
Yes
There are a couple old threads regarding this show fwiw

PescadoVato

Jul 11, 2016
Huntington Beach
Name
SP
Boat
Skipjack 20
Just started watching the series on Netflix, and one of the boats is fishing left-hand reels upside down... someone have some logical explanation?
Looked to me like those dudes were right-handed and had to make due with whatever shitty gear they had on the boat. Seemed to work for 'em.

Reactions: ymin72

InDeepShip

Nov 5, 2017
SD
Name
Adam
Boat
N/A
There is a guy on here that is on the show. He runs that sweet yellow boat with all the guys who know what they are doing.

the_tunaman

Jun 28, 2017
Norco
Name
Roger Nelson
Boat
Ranger Z20
Yeah, they look like they have it together with the right program. Also looks a helluva lot more fun way to commercial fish.

J blair

Jul 6, 2019
Usa
Name
J blair
Boat
Charter
Probably a underhead conventional Popular with some speed jiggers in asia.

ahidog

10000 atta boys
Sep 15, 2004
San Diego
Name
Tom
Boat
105', Camcraft, 85', Ditmar, 65' Noreck
Isn’t that how the commercial guys do it I thought that’s what separated sport guys and commercial guys.