kindafishy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
thats what i have, 2 years trouble free.

Papa "J"

May 8, 2003
OffShore
Name
Jason
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
Found a deal on brand new ProNautic 1215 3 bank. one bank to the each starting battery then the 3rd bank to the house set. Even though they are bigger group 27 and 31 batteries I figured the charger is only there to keep charged and top off. As the boat lives on a trailer and there is no drain on the batteries while on the hard.

Any reason i would need bigger amperage. Not worried about keep up with bilge pumps since I highly doubt it will sink in my driveway.

I also run my engines almost 100% of the time while I am underway so not like the batteries are coming back low

salty nuts

Jun 2, 2004
Camarillo
Name
Tim Mohawk
Boat
25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
Found a deal on brand new ProNautic 1215 3 bank. one bank to the each starting battery then the 3rd bank to the house set. Even though they are bigger group 27 and 31 batteries I figured the charger is only there to keep charged and top off. As the boat lives on a trailer and there is no drain on the batteries while on the hard.

Any reason i would need bigger amperage. Not worried about keep up with bilge pumps since I highly doubt it will sink in my driveway.

I also run my engines almost 100% of the time while I am underway so not like the batteries are coming back low

They are one of the best. Great choice.....

Reactions: sickcat

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
i have a guest charger 2 bank 20amps auto. i have 3 batteries, 1 27 starting battery #1 , 2 27 deep cycles #2. my starting battery was getting fully charged and holding , but the deep cycles were not getting fully charged, and dying. i started to put the deep cycles on a trickle charger, @ 2 amps , manual for a few days, and they fully charged up. deep cycles are meant to take a slow charge over a longer period than a starting battery.my charger would chargev them up real quick sense a charge and turn off. i only throw the deep cycles on the trickle charger when they're brought down. i keep them topped off with the guest charger.

Papa "J"

May 8, 2003
OffShore
Name
Jason
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
i have a guest charger 2 bank 20amps auto. i have 3 batteries, 1 27 starting battery #1 , 2 27 deep cycles #2. my starting battery was getting fully charged and holding , but the deep cycles were not getting fully charged, and dying. i started to put the deep cycles on a trickle charger, @ 2 amps , manual for a few days, and they fully charged up. deep cycles are meant to take a slow charge over a longer period than a starting battery.my charger would chargev them up real quick sense a charge and turn off. i only throw the deep cycles on the trickle charger when they're brought down. i keep them topped off with the guest charger.

why I dont have deep cycle batteries. and the reason your only suppose to put like batteries on a charger.

I run all AGM

monster1

Typical Striper owner
May 30, 2006
Long beach
Name
Monster
Boat
Yep
My prosport finally gave up after 14 years. I replaced it with this Guest charger. Supposedly it's a much better unit that the one I replaced and uses better technology.

Screenshot_20210121-120247_Samsung Internet.jpg

Papa "J"

May 8, 2003
OffShore
Name
Jason
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
My prosport finally gave up after 14 years. I replaced it with this Guest charger. Supposedly it's a much better unit that the one I replaced and uses better technology.

View attachment 1245649
I actually just read somewhere those were failing quit a bit. Ill see if I can find the post. It may have been on THT why I went with ProNautic. But also found out that Sterling is the same as PN just a different label.

Reactions: monster1

monster1

Typical Striper owner
May 30, 2006
Long beach
Name
Monster
Boat
Yep
I actually just read somewhere those were failing quit a bit. Ill see if I can find the post. It may have been on THT why I went with ProNautic. But also found out that Sterling is the same as PN just a different label.
Glad I bought the extended warranty! Lol

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
why I dont have deep cycle batteries. and the reason your only suppose to put like batteries on a charger.

I run all AGM
mine are both lead acid, so they're not different. starting are meant to be rapidly discharged and rapidly charged , deep cycles have different types of plates, and are for slower discharge , and slow charge . i got 5 and 6 years out of my last set of batteries. i'm poor and can't afford the expensive ones like yours, lol.

Papa "J"

May 8, 2003
OffShore
Name
Jason
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
mine are both lead acid, so they're not different. starting are meant to be rapidly discharged and rapidly charged , deep cycles have different types of plates, and are for slower discharge , and slow charge . i got 5 and 6 years out of my last set of batteries. i'm poor and can't afford the expensive ones like yours, lol.

I must have misread what you wrote
You know I don't pay "retail',,,LOL

#WHERESTHEKELPPADDY

Jan 3, 2017
COSTA MESA
Name
Tee-Oh-Double-Dee
Boat
Small raft
Pretty happy with the pro-nautic 12-20 - added 2000w marine onboard solutions inverter - powers 600w micro wave and 5 cup coffee maker easy.

FF5D035B-A83F-42F9-A1CD-F72AE0063837.jpeg

50485496-730E-46C7-8D0D-61234EB3162C.jpeg

3B1F000B-2E72-49B3-9E10-701651A10B80.jpeg

4A1134F9-F652-4432-918F-7FBFD8D575B1.jpeg