Batson Thank you to Jim Trelikes

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Building Forum' started by Bill Batson, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Bill Batson

Bill Batson Bill Batson Advertiser

Name:
    Bill Batson
    Boat:
    Bayrunner, Leiana Rae
    Jim Trelikes,
    I want to publically "Thank YOU" for this great piece of art. I will be very happy to thank you in person soon.
    It came out SPECTACULAR and I cant wait to see it in person. This will be displayed and fished with the rest of the Batson Family collection. We have well over 200 rods in our collection. This will definetly be one of the highlights in the collection. This will adorn a rack with some of the finest craftsmen in the world. We will share this with folks from all over the world that see this collection. This is another prized piece that folks will enjoy for generations to come.
    We are so blessed to be in the position we are in. And it is only possible because of the support the industry has shown the Batson Family and the products we bring to market.
    Tha blank is a Rainshadow SUR1083>> i was told by a renown fisherman/rodbuilder that it would be a great stick for Wahoo bombs and Iron. I will pack one of my Accuarte reels with 40 lb and test it as soon as possible. The Guides are the ALPS Titanium with Zirconium rings that have been in development for 2 years and should be coming to market soon (7-1-2012). The Shrink tube is something I had laying around, one of a thousand samples we get every year to test out. The Reelseat is the ALPS DALT20. and the trim rings/winding checks are also an ALPS product. I personally set the handle so jim didnt have too. The foregrip is EVA, the rear grip is a piece of Textillium tubing and it has a ALPS gimbal (if i remember correctly).
    All Batson/Rainshadow/ALPS/Forecast blanks and components can be purchased from our dealer base. Acid Rod/C&M are the largest California dealer we have.
    Again we are very honored to have this piece in our collection. None of this and what we do for this great industry/craft would not be possible without all of your support.

Bill Batson
    CEO
    Batson Enterprises>>
    Rainshadow/ALPS/Forecast

2. tloucks

tloucks Member

Name:
    Tom Loucks
    Boat:
    None
    Great Post

Now those are two first class people.

Jim Trelikes
    and
    Bill Batson

Thank you both for being a part of this industry.

Tom

3. FAT CAT

FAT CAT FAT CAT

Name:
    Bill Burkett
    Boat:
    22' Twin-Vee Catamaran POLE CAT
    Bill, please market the shrink tubing. That stuff will sell well, I'm sure.

4. DeVo

DeVo Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Kris DeVo
    Boat:
    Mini jet boat
    X2

5. Wiseguy

Wiseguy Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jimmy
    Boat:
    17' Keywest
    x3! Reminds me of spiderman.

6. junkmansj

junkmansj Newbie

Name:
    Barry Thomas Sr.
    Boat:
    SURF fishing
    Bill; That Rod is a Work of Art! JT is a TRUE Artist and should be Awarded A Master of Rodbuilding Degree!

And I Agree with Fat Cat that the Shrink Wrap on that Rod (with Colors) will sell!
    I want some NOW!

7. JTrelikes

JTrelikes I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat:
    Bubba Jean 28
    Thanks Bill............certainly appreciate the opportunity! Hope to do it again sometime if you'd like. :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  8. tightlinemike

tightlinemike Semper Fidelis

Name:
    michael higens
    Boat:
    n/a
    Your sentiments are appriciated Bill.......Mike

9. strizile

strizile STRiZ was Custom Rods

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    sure want one
    Jim among others is setting anchors in rod building history. How that is to be seen and understood is IMO a given.

Have had many hobbies over the course of time and have been part of other communities in other crafts that interested me. Needless to say that none of the hobbies to begin with has inspired me and welcomed me as the rod building community. The creativity that can be brought to a friggin broom stick if need be is just flat out amazing from so many many builders. Jim is one of them doing just that but in a different level.

All this at one point will be a memory to tell later on of having seen work from some of the top builders out there and even to have received tips and suggestions. That is just great.

Good to see that there is good out there and not just bad and arguing and deceitful individuals. Posts like this one from Bill Batson proves that to me and makes me feel in the right place. Not hating but appreciating

Do not want to overdo - but this is just nice.

10. JTrelikes

JTrelikes I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat:
    Bubba Jean 28
    .........damn dude, thank you so much! :hali_olutta: