Advertiser
Mar 26, 2007
Sequim, WA
Name
Bill Batson
Boat
Bayrunner, Leiana Rae
Jim Trelikes,
I want to publically "Thank YOU" for this great piece of art. I will be very happy to thank you in person soon.
It came out SPECTACULAR and I cant wait to see it in person. This will be displayed and fished with the rest of the Batson Family collection. We have well over 200 rods in our collection. This will definetly be one of the highlights in the collection. This will adorn a rack with some of the finest craftsmen in the world. We will share this with folks from all over the world that see this collection. This is another prized piece that folks will enjoy for generations to come.
We are so blessed to be in the position we are in. And it is only possible because of the support the industry has shown the Batson Family and the products we bring to market.
Tha blank is a Rainshadow SUR1083>> i was told by a renown fisherman/rodbuilder that it would be a great stick for Wahoo bombs and Iron. I will pack one of my Accuarte reels with 40 lb and test it as soon as possible. The Guides are the ALPS Titanium with Zirconium rings that have been in development for 2 years and should be coming to market soon (7-1-2012). The Shrink tube is something I had laying around, one of a thousand samples we get every year to test out. The Reelseat is the ALPS DALT20. and the trim rings/winding checks are also an ALPS product. I personally set the handle so jim didnt have too. The foregrip is EVA, the rear grip is a piece of Textillium tubing and it has a ALPS gimbal (if i remember correctly).
All Batson/Rainshadow/ALPS/Forecast blanks and components can be purchased from our dealer base. Acid Rod/C&M are the largest California dealer we have.
Again we are very honored to have this piece in our collection. None of this and what we do for this great industry/craft would not be possible without all of your support.

Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises>>
Rainshadow/ALPS/Forecast

tloucks

Dec 20, 2007
Moorpark Ca.
Name
Tom Loucks
Boat
None
Great Post

Now those are two first class people.

Jim Trelikes
and
Bill Batson

Thank you both for being a part of this industry.

Tom

FAT CAT

FAT CAT
Nov 11, 2007
Baja Sur, MX
Name
Bill Burkett
Boat
22' Twin-Vee Catamaran POLE CAT
Bill, please market the shrink tubing. That stuff will sell well, I'm sure.

junkmansj

Dec 2, 2009
Cape May NJ
Name
Barry Thomas Sr.
Boat
SURF fishing
Bill; That Rod is a Work of Art! JT is a TRUE Artist and should be Awarded A Master of Rodbuilding Degree!

Bill, please market the shrink tubing. That stuff will sell well, I'm sure.
And I Agree with Fat Cat that the Shrink Wrap on that Rod (with Colors) will sell!
I want some NOW!

JTrelikes

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2006
Lakeside, CA
Name
Jim Trelikes
Boat
Bubba Jean 28
Thanks Bill............certainly appreciate the opportunity! Hope to do it again sometime if you'd like. :)

Last edited:

strizile

STRiZ was Custom Rods
Nov 26, 2010
USA
Name
Ron
Boat
sure want one
Jim among others is setting anchors in rod building history. How that is to be seen and understood is IMO a given.

Have had many hobbies over the course of time and have been part of other communities in other crafts that interested me. Needless to say that none of the hobbies to begin with has inspired me and welcomed me as the rod building community. The creativity that can be brought to a friggin broom stick if need be is just flat out amazing from so many many builders. Jim is one of them doing just that but in a different level.

All this at one point will be a memory to tell later on of having seen work from some of the top builders out there and even to have received tips and suggestions. That is just great.

Good to see that there is good out there and not just bad and arguing and deceitful individuals. Posts like this one from Bill Batson proves that to me and makes me feel in the right place. Not hating but appreciating

Do not want to overdo - but this is just nice.

JTrelikes

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2006
Lakeside, CA
Name
Jim Trelikes
Boat
Bubba Jean 28
.........damn dude, thank you so much! :hali_olutta:

Jim among others is setting anchors in rod building history. How that is to be seen and understood is IMO a given.

Have had many hobbies over the course of time and have been part of other communities in other crafts that interested me. Needless to say that none of the hobbies to begin with has inspired me and welcomed me as the rod building community. The creativity that can be brought to a friggin broom stick if need be is just flat out amazing from so many many builders. Jim is one of them doing just that but in a different level.

All this at one point will be a memory to tell later on of having seen work from some of the top builders out there and even to have received tips and suggestions. That is just great.

Good to see that there is good out there and not just bad and arguing and deceitful individuals. Posts like this one from Bill Batson proves that to me and makes me feel in the right place. Not hating but appreciating

Do not want to overdo - but this is just nice.