Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
SoCal
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
Hey guys I am looking to pick a new yak and Bass Pro has a deal on them. You guys have any opioin on them? ThE cost seems resenable ?

raffman55

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 29, 2006
Chula Vista
Name
Tom
Boat
Hobie n Ocean Prowler
Check out OEX, they have some used and factory blems at great prices. Also check the classifieds here, and on Bigwater's Edge. Test paddle a few models if you can, will help you make a good decision.

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
My cousin bought one of the "house" brand kayaks at bass pro. We had a few different kayak/brands at his lake last summer. The kids avoided the bass pro kayak over the other name brand kayaks, said it didn't paddle as good, slower, etc. They were all similar sit on tops in about the 10' range (Cobra, Ocean, etc.)

greenfrenzy

Dec 5, 2005
la
Name
Aaron
Boat
kayak
Ask how thick the hull of the BassPro kayaks are, might be 1MM or two thinner than typical kayaks = less durable and more prone to dents or warping. They probably have good warranty and are constructed well, but like a lot of private lable product, it might not be as good.

yakjoe

Sep 18, 2013
Santa barbara
Name
Joseph vega
Boat
yakjoe
If your going to get a kayak go HOBIE NO JOKE you will love it dont look at the prise just get it well worth it

johnnylite

Never too late to change.
Sep 19, 2006
Camarillo
Name
John
Boat
Triumph 210cc
Best advice is find a dealer near water and test them out. There are many factors such as your weight, width, room for stuff etc. You can also test how well they paddle and how long your butt can stand sitting in it. Other advice is spend money on a good light weight paddle and also test out seats. They always have sales it seems near or in the middle of winter.

If you can't find a dealer close by go down to most harbors and some lakes and you can rent them.

trioxide3

Mar 25, 2013
Lancaster
Name
Austin
Boat
Tarpon 130T
There are a few for sale right now on BigwatersEdge, good prices and with lots of extra accessories. It's also helpful to know where you are fishing with it, bigger is better for open water but not necessarily the bay or lakes. I have a Tarpon and love it, super fast and plenty stable. As fast, if not faster, than most Hobies and for a fraction of the price.