I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 5, 2003
Temecula
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
Your boat!
Single hook TadyC, crimp down the barb and C&R.

dalurker

old skool rules
Dec 23, 2004
Cyber Sea
Name
#%^&) !!!
Boat
my blood vessel
Did you guys see the cuda count today for the Santa Monica bay area, over 600 Barries today! It's game on!!!!
i was on it... blk/wht Tady C or small chrome jigs worked the best today. Easy limits if you're an iron firin' foo with the hot iron!!!:2gunsfiring_v1:

the Old Skool Yankee feather got bit INSTANT on a lot of baitball stops.

These fish are keyed on the meatballs of small 'chovies off MDR/Venice Reef.

fish were averaging 5-7lbs with an occasional 8lb'r.

Enterprise & Pursuit(?) were too!! Dayum!!

Geet out thea & geetchoo sum!!:2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1:

sobayhooker1

Nov 9, 2009
Torrance, Ca.
Name
John K.
Boat
Not Yet...
Dan is the man!
Remember that 1 kid last year who posted a pic with a dead cuda he supposedly caught with a swimbait inside long beach harbor??? Thought that was pretty funny.

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
Hey Dan...what do u think about using poppers on them cudas?
I would think that would work, when you see them up on the surface chasing baits try one. The reason surface jigs work so well is because they are fished rather slow, Tady, Salas, my Magic Metals (MM7) are designed to swim back slow up toward the surface, if you're going to use a poper styple jig, pop it and work it back slower than you would for a tuna. good luck and let me know how you do.

Bane1

50T Captain
Mar 20, 2010
Dana Point
Name
Eric
Boat
32' Luhrs 'Mako-Wish'
Probably going to head out Sunday and give 'em a whack. Fun to play with, but seriously? How do you guys eat these things? I can't stand the sour smell from the second they come out of the water. If you have to mask, or soak the smell from a fish, not on my plate please.

Thanks for the info Dan!

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
Probably going to head out Sunday and give 'em a whack. Fun to play with, but seriously? How do you guys eat these things? I can't stand the sour smell from the second they come out of the water. If you have to mask, or soak the smell from a fish, not on my plate please.

Thanks for the info Dan!
if you eat them fresh they taste great, I try to get them on ice as soon as I can. good luck on Sunday.

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
It's Just like last year. They were off Long beach for about a week. Then they were around the coner in a flash! I'm going to take Wet Ride out of MDR on Sat! Long sticK swinging the Iron. I need to see if the Jig stich will fit the holders!

Thanks for the skiny! on the skinnies

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
It's Just like last year. They were off Long beach for about a week. Then they were around the coner in a flash! I'm going to take Wet Ride out of MDR on Sat! Long sticK swinging the Iron. I need to see if the Jig stich will fit the holders!

Thanks for the skiny! on the skinnies

I'm hoping it's going to be a lot better than last year, Ensenada still has them full speed, fish are also in SD and now they are showing at the Channel Is. I'm hoping it's full speed in LB for the hoilday weekend. Then we need the sand bass to move in too.

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
Yea Buddy!
Thats what I'm talking about 8Lb rollers & 9Lb slime dogs!
Good times!

Bane1

50T Captain
Mar 20, 2010
Dana Point
Name
Eric
Boat
32' Luhrs 'Mako-Wish'
if you eat them fresh they taste great, I try to get them on ice as soon as I can. good luck on Sunday.
I will have to give it one more try then... FRESH, hehe.

Just spoke with my brother a little bit ago, and apparently he finished his last job early and went to the harbor. He and our dock neighbor took our dinghy out to go play with the cuda. I guess they caught about 20 cuda and 1 short WSB in less than an hour!! Oooh, GAME ON!! LOL

Whiteshark

Jan 3, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga Ca
Name
Mike
Boat
NA
I hope these things stick around for a bit! To welcome them properly I have a Bloody Decks Member's Only Special. Print this out and bring it into any Turner's Outdoorsman Friday May 18th 2012 and Save 20% Off All Jigs in stock! This goes for all brands Dan's Magic Metals, Tady, Fish Trap, Salas, Etc.

mandoman68

Big Loco
Mar 3, 2008
Aztlan
Name
Mandoman
Boat
Kathleen
Ive fished with you(outfished),drank,had meals,got you laid twice too. Known you over twenty years.YOU STILL CANT TAKE A JOKE! That's the only thing we HATE bout you. Lighten up Spanky.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
Ive fished with you(outfished),drank,had meals,got you laid twice too. Known you over twenty years.YOU STILL CANT TAKE A JOKE! That's the only thing we HATE bout you. Lighten up Spanky.
no disrespect or hate intended, just clowning around. "can't we all just get along?"